Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Hario VKB-120HSVV60 Buono Pouring Kettle, 1.2 litre” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 57% off the $66.67 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Hario VKB-120HSVV60 Buono Pouring Kettle, 1.2 litre
|Price:||$34.00 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$32.67 (49%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Stainless steel
- Easy-grip handle
- Flat knob lid
- Capacity of 1.2 litre, Directly use for drip coffee
- Used with Hario V60 Coffee Dripper. Made in China
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Hario VKB-120HSVV60 Buono Pouring Kettle, 1.2 litre
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Nippon Goods||Simple Kitchen Products||BRU USA|
|Color||N/A||Silver||Matte Finish||Brushed Stainless Steel|
|Material||Glass||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Dimensions||13 inches x 21 inches x 18 inches||6.5 inches x 11.25 inches x 5.75 inches||5.9 inches x 12.2 inches x 5.5 inches||x x|
|Item Package Weight||1.32 pounds||1.25 pounds||1.5 pounds||1.5 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
I used a regular pot with a pour spout 3 months before I purchased this kettle. The following points are based primarily on the differences I noticed between the regular pot and the kettle.
1. The pour control with the kettle is VASTLY superior to the control you get with a product with a normal "spout" area. The kettle's thin spout and long distance the water has to travel gives you a small, smooth stream in which to pour on your coffee grounds.
2. Because of the points in #1, the kettle allows you to pour water over the coffee smoothly and at a consistent pace, therefore giving you an EVEN extraction of your coffee, which translates to a nice, consistent taste in your cup. This is what you're going for.
3. The kettle holds enough water for about 5 regular cups of coffee (i.e. it holds ~40 ounces of water). I own the 40oz Chemex coffee maker, so for me, a full kettle = a full pot of coffee.
4. The kettle is SAFE to boil your water with. However, the conductivity of the kettle's metal is not as good as a standard pot, so it will take you roughly twice as long to boil water in the kettle versus boiling it in a pot. (I bought a separate water kettle for this reason.)
5. As mentioned in other reviews, this kettle is hard to clean. The opening is hard to get your hand into, and the small spout makes everything but a pipe cleaner impossible to clean the inside. If you live in an area with hard water (like I do), then you'll want to filter your water before using this kettle to cut down on the deposit build up.
Hands-down, this kettle gives you the control you need to make an excellent cup of coffee.Read more ›
Country of Origin:
Hario: Made in Japan.
Bonavita: Made in China.
Hario: Practical capacity: .8 liter. Full capacity 1.2 liters.
Bonavita: Capacity: 1 liter.
Hario: Gooseneck spout attached to body at lower point. Less water remains pooled at the bottom after complete pouring.
Bonavita: Gooseneck spout attached to body at higher point. More water remains pooled at the bottom after complete pouring.
Hario: Straight handle. Ergonomics not optimal.
Bonavita: Curved handle. Ergonomics better.
Hario: Stainless steel heavier and thicker. Seems higher quality steel. Handle good.
Bonavita: Stainless steel lighter and thinner. Handle good.
Quality of Construction:
Hario: Spout and handle attached with quality hardware. Seems more secure.
Bonavita: Spout and handle securely attached, but hardware appears to be less durable.
Hario: Lid does not fit tight. Will fall out when tipped at certain angle.
Bonavita: Lid fits tight. Will not fall out when tipped at certain angle. Handle has two screws located on underside at top, which impact finger comfort. Body has unfinished/uncurved inside top lip, which impacts hand comfort when cleaning inside body.
Appearance: Both look nice. Bonavita sits about an inch taller because of the design of the lid.
Pour Rate: Practically the same.
Recommendation: Both Hario and Bonavita will get the job done. I chose to keep Hario, because of the quality. But if money or style is a factor, Bonavita will work just fine.Read more ›
Let me tell you. The Buono kettle is in a whole different league. The amount of control is amazing. I didn't really think it would make that big of a difference. But I am now a true believer in what all the reviews say. I would almost go as far as recommending saving up to buy this kettle first, then buy your V60 or Chemex pour over brewing device second (not really...but you get what I am saying).
The only comment I would give, the kettle is pretty thin metal. The bottom is not like a regular kettle's thickness. So I hear and think it is fine to put on a gas stove, but since I do not have to, I am going to hold out.
Also the kettle holds a constant temperature pretty well. Starting with a not preheated kettle. I poured boiling water in, put the lid on a 30 seconds later the temp was 206. Once it got down to 203 I started my pour. 2 minutes into my pour my temp was 200 and at the end of my pour it was down to about 198.
I can't even return it, because I'm in Brazil (and so the fake kettle) and my friend (who brought it) didn't knew that this UGLY thing was wrong.
How can Amazon fulfil this?! I'm really disappointed!!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The spout is nice but it takes sooo long to boil and mine sounds like a thousand ghosts are dying and getting sucked into a nether portal the whole time it's heating up, and with... Read morePublished 11 hours ago by Kimberly
I was a bit taken aback when I received this product. The box it came it had a slight bump (you can see it in the first photo), as if the product inside was taller than the box... Read morePublished 2 days ago by ChaosKnign
this is a terrific tool for creating a great cup of coffee. it allows for the water to saturate the beans, but not drown them. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Amazon Customer
Great looking quality kettle. Its narrow spout allows for precision pouring. The kettles has an easy to grip handle that makes it easy to handle.Published 6 days ago by Priscilla
Precision pouring machine. If you're doing pour over coffee or tea, this is what you need. I feel like a special ops sharp shooter with this thing, no dry coffee ground escapes... Read morePublished 10 days ago by Eve Yenzer
Easy to control the placement and force of the pouring water.I highly recommend this productPublished 11 days ago by Sukll Sithsd
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
See the Top Rated cookware in our Cookware Reviews.