Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 4, 2017
I personally have the soundsticks III 2.1 (non-wireless) and I purchased this Bluetooth version as a gift for someone else.

The music we play using the soundsticks ranges, but it's mostly EDM and hip-hop, with some alternative mixed in here and there. (Porter Robinson, Tiesto, The Chainsmokers, The Weeknd, Kendrick Lamar, Maroon 5, etc.)
As expected, sound quality is awesome as is the bass - the first thing I did with these once I set them up (as well as with my own back when I first got them) was pull up Youtube and play my go-to bass test ("feel the bass"). We're not audiophiles, but for two fairly small-looking speaker sticks, they really pack a punch.

The only minor annoyance is the background hissing noise that comes and goes as one other reviewer had stated. Every time after the iPad Mini syncs with the Bluetooth, you can hear a faint, consistent hissing - feedback/white noise. It's very faint, and isn't much of a bother to us though.
on March 31, 2016
Bought these twice! A set for myself about a year ago and again this year for my boyfriend because he loved mine so much. The setup is simple and easy right out of the box and even though bluetooth isn't the best for sound, I haven't been disappointed with these.

I love the low profile of the speakers and the bass has a surprisingly warm sound for being plastic. I currently have mine sitting on the floor of my apartment, which is fine, but my boyfriend has his under his desk. His desk is made out of chipboard because...college dorm...what would you expect, but the warmth the bass puts off just reverberating off of the "wood" is amazing. Make me jealous I don't even have a cheap chipboard desk.

I also love the control on the bass, since I listen to a wide variety of music, and so does he, turning it up or down to match the difference between jazz and Kanye are perfect. The only "issue" I've had with these are mid tones. The bass is the bass and the sticks are small, so having something in the middle to pickup the meds would be perfect, but no complaints for such a simple setup.

This was my first Harman Kardon purchase and I'm sure it won't be my last.
on April 23, 2015
I have gone through
*many speakers trying to find one that had a great sound & at last
I have found it!..
we spotted the Harman Kardon at a friends house and could not believe the sound that was coming out of this cool looking speaker system..
the speakers themselves are heavy weighted (will not tip over or fall off) well centered thin &sleek looking ,and fit perfect in just a tiny area with major sound!..
I open the windows to our patio and it sounds like they are 4, 6' tall speakers in the house with the amount of sound that is coming out of them even with large groups of people ,lawn mowers & the kids all running around and playing,
* they are perfect ...
I could not be happier with the whole unit!!!
love it to death...
now I need one for my upstairs in our master bedroom!
on May 11, 2017
Just took them out of the box - so I will update if necessary.
I'm NOT AN AUDIOPHILE. These things ROCK. Setup is a breeze. Pairing is a breeze. And I'm just in awe. Yeah the bass...wow. I bought these for my office but I may want to keep them at home. They look very cool - as if you needed me to tell you that. Actually they look better in person than online.

I'm curious to see what happens in the coming days. But as of right now, they are amazing.
on October 22, 2014
such incredible sound! I was one of the first consumers to buy this product because they were vouched for by selling it at the Apple store. So I purchased it...... well over 10 years ago ....because Apple was "God" and everything that Apple suggested or did turned into gold. Now this speaker system is in the MOMA. Well deserved. Several years later, I believe that this is well deserved. The impossible marriage between quality sound and good looks has been met in this system and you will be blown away at how acoustical correct and well rounded depth of sound come out of those little tweeters and the SUB..... well that's another story..... it rocks as if you were at a hip hop concert. Incredible! After all these years, their quality hasn't diminished in the slightest and even more... on top of all of the great things I can say about this product..... they are beautiful, they rock, they are exact, without any distortion, even on max volume on both the speaks and the sub..... you will be so surprised. It's so nice to find a product that has withstood the test of time. NO electronics has done this...

Now they have bluetooth.

Thanks Harman Kardon for sticking religiously to what you know to be true sound delivery in such a compact space.
on April 21, 2015
Amazing sound, Beautiful design, Great price.
Amazing Sound: This speakers sound beautiful, they play the music the way the producer wanted it to sound like. No eq's, no effects, just the song. Amazing range. It can fill a big room with warm sound without any effort. They actually create some kind of athmosphere of music that makes you relax and feel like you are in the studio.
Beatiful design: This speakers have a industrial design that makes them look the same as they sound: AMAZING! They are made out of acrillic, don't expect glass, but hey!, don't be disapointed, the building quality is amazing and all the components and cables are made to match the style of the speaker, so they're not gonna look bad on your desktop, living room, or wherever you place them.
Great Price: Besides they're a expensive set of speakers, you get way more than what you pay for. You get studio quality speakers for the cost of desktop quality speakers.
Totally recomended!
on December 25, 2016
Sound is great, appearance design is good. I have had these speakers for over a year now and it's working great. But....

there is no access control for the bluetooth, anyone can connect to it as long as the speakers are on, and there is no way to turn the bluetooth function off. I use these speakers mainly for my PC playback(wired), and bluetooth when I want to play some music from my mobile devices.
Bluetooth operating distance is around 30-60ft for this speaker, and I live in an apartment which means next door and up/downstairs neighbors are able to connect to this speakers by accident.

You can block other people from accessing the speakers by connecting your own bluetooth playback device and leaving it there, but the problem is most playback devices have power saving functions and will turn off its bluetooth if not in playback mode, and there will be a ~5 second shutdown for the whole speaker whenever a bluetooth device connects or disconnects.

Occasionally when I'm listening to background music at night doing some work, a random neighbor connects to the speakers by accident and out goes some music full blast which gives me mini heart attacks as it is totally unpredictable. It happened just a few times within a year that I got this speakers, but the experience is bad enough I am considering replacing the speakers already.

I would have gotten the non bluetooth version if I knew that the bluetooth was unprotected.
on February 27, 2017
This product is famous because of its special design instead of sound quality. I bought two soundstick III (the first one in 2014 and the second in 2017). Overall, the sound quality is good enough for producing impressive results when you watch movie and play game. However, If you are looking for speakers for listening to HIFI music, this soundstick 2.1 is not the best choice.
on October 4, 2016
I love these speakers. But I have a couple criticisms. So I was looking for something convenient with good sound quality that was pleasing to look at. Thats exactly what I got. The criticism that I have is only with the sound quality. It's totally ample as far as the depth it can achieve and the highs are crisp. They get plenty loud and have no problem filling my room (11ft×12ft) and I think they'd be enough for even a slightly bigger space. But they sound a little bit covered on the low mids. They are produced by the subwoofer and flatten themselves out just a little early for my taste when listening to vocal accapella music. That being said I definitely recommend these to anyone looking for something for a room or as computer speakers. They're pretty stellar.
on March 25, 2016
I bought these to use with my 2 computers, a 2012 mac mini and a high end gaming pc. The mac connects via bluetooth and the pc is using the supplied cable connection. I was worried about lag over bluetooth when watching videos but I am happy to report that there is none! The mac is using bluetooth version 4.0 so you may have different results with older hardware. The mac is always on and does not lose it's connection to the speakers and I can even use them with the PC without disconnecting the mac. If I play audio through both computers the speakers will output both audio streams which was surprising but nice because there is no need to fiddle with any sort of source selector on the speakers. Great sound quality and a great purchase, highly recommend!