Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 29 reviews
on August 14, 2012
Pros:
1. Small and stylish
2. build quality is good
3. comes with wall mount
4. comes with pre-cut speaker wire and can be installed right away
5. high frequency performs very well.
6. The mid is crisp and clear, so you can hear the dialogue very easily.
7. They are good for movie with a lot of conversation.

Cons:
1. It cannot use banana plug, bare wire connection is the only choice you got. So the wire will get oxidized and you need to cut the wire every half year.
2. Completely lack of 120-200 Hz frequency. Music performance is very bad and not even acceptable. No matter you are listening to jazz, pop rock or classical, they all become unreal.
3. The subwoofer cannot covered a lot of frequency. It cannot cover the 100-200 hz where the sat speaker is missing and it cannot go real low.
4. It does not perform well when movie got lot of explosion scene.

Conclusion:
This speaker set is good if your space is limited. They are small and can fit in the living room very well. Their sleek and stylish design look very good with LCD TV. Especially, they are a good fit if you are living in condo/apartment as its apparently weak subwoofer would not disturb your neighbor.

Depend on your movie preference, if you like watching drama and romantic movie. This speaker set is good for you. But if you watch a lot action movie, you'd better look for other speaker set.

Also, never use this set for music, you will be greatly disappointed. If you want to listen to music, just get a $200 mini hifi set. Any entry level mini hifi set can beat this speaker set easily.

This speaker sound is quite bright, so it's better to be used with warm receiver like Denon and Harman Kardon to balance it out. Onkyo and Pioneer will be too bright for this speaker set.
on November 25, 2015
best speakers i have ever used. easy to mount on the wall. the sound is great with my older Denon AVR-2808CI
on December 30, 2011
So, i was on the fence to pull the trigger as there are not much user information/reviews online for the current range of hkts systems. But i decided to buy it based on the reviews the predecessor garnered (hkts 18). I was still not sure if made the right choiceor should i have purchased Klipsch HD 500, which has plenty of reviews out there.
Nevertheless the system arrived, set it up with a H/K AVR 1600, and all i can say is i am truly happy i bought this, it looks and sounds fantastic. The individual speakers are built solid and not light. The mids are amazing for such a compact speaker. Few reviews have said that the bass is lacking but i feel that for the size of the sub, it pumps out plenty clean and tight bass, moreover i live in an apartment. The speakers wall mounted perfectly, although i should add, the designers should have incorporated a an addition screw to mount the speakers to avoid any sway when we mount it on a single screw.
Highly recommended!!!
on May 20, 2017
perfect
on May 23, 2017
I was hoping these had a little bass in each speaker similar to the UK Onyx Studio 3, however the sub more than maker up for it. Very good sound. Would recommend
on May 9, 2012
To be honest, the system itself is great, but this is definitely the last time i'm buying anything Harman Kardon. I had mine shipped overseas even though HK has a licensed distributor in my country but the prices they charge are way too high. I was so excited when it came wiht Fedex but as I opened it I discovered the LFE cable used to connect the subwoofer to a reciever was missing. I tried calling the number listed on HK's site but when i called none of the extentions actually were customer support for HK's own priducts but subsidiary products from companies that beling to Hk's group. so I chose operator and twice I was "transffered" only to have the line disconnected. I tried 4 times to contact HK through email but each time they'd only anwser my first email ask me a question and never bother to return it after ive anwsered it. All in all one of the worst experiences i've had as a customer. If you ever had problems with stuff ordered online my advice is to stay away from Harman Kardon. They're products may be good but is it worth your grief when one of the items is missing and you have no one to turn to?
on April 29, 2013
Works well throughout the range; however suffers somewhat in the range of male voices. System takes some perserverance to get hooked up (required optical cable to complete the setup that wasn't mentioned in any of the manuals (TV, amp, or speakers). Once though that process the rest was all good.
on April 27, 2011
Many, many years ago, I bought a "theater in a box" system from Sony. It came with an amp, 5 satellite speakers and a powered subwoofer pushing (what I thought was a great) 120 watts.

About 6 months ago, my Sony receiver died and I bought a Denon to replace it. The Denon receiver puts out 75 watts x 5 channels. After hooking it up to my old Sony speakers and playing some Rock Band to test it out, my first thought was "HOLY COW!!" The audio quality from the extra power alone (The Sony was 40w x 5) was an amazing revelation. Months later and I decide the anemic Sony speakers with a single driver in each unit (including the center channel) wasn't cutting it anymore.

I've always been a big fan of Harman sound quality (JBL, Infinity and Harman Kardon) so these were front runners for a replacement set. I considered some other brands like Boston Acoustics (which I use in my car), Polk Audio, Klipsh and some other home audio stalwarts. After watching a movie at my parents' place using JBL speakers, I remembered my love affair with these brands and decided they would be my first choice.

After getting them set up and putting on some of my favorite music (mostly rock, alternative & punk), all I can say is "WOW!" For the price, I can't imagine better sound. Having 75 watts pump into these babies with 2 midrange drivers and an honest-to-goodness tweeter is a revelation. My old Sony speakers are junk now compared to these.

The subwoofer is leaps and bounds better than what I had before. It's not quite as good as the JBL sub my parents have but my room is smaller and it works great for the type of audio I'll be pumping through it.

The imaging on these speakers are fantastic. In truth, they're not like the NHTs that my cousin has, but two of those bookshelf speakers cost as much as this entire system. You may not find a better "bang for the buck" system as you've got right here. Some of the money undoubtedly goes toward the Harman brand name, but their reputation for audio exists for a reason.

My only (minor) gripe is that the mounting options aren't very well thought out. The table-top stands are fine if that's what you're gonna use. If you plan on mounting these on a wall or on speaker stands, make sure that they are very solid mounts. The satellites use cheapo plastic mounts and aren't very flexible in how they attach. Even my bargain basement Sony's used a threaded mounting hole. The satellites weigh a couple pounds each so make sure the stands you get are stable enough to carry them.

IMHO, these speakers are right at the cusp of "diminishing returns." You could easily spend a few hundred dollars more, but I'm not convinced that the audio quality is appreciably better (remember that I've heard NHTs running through 300 watt power amps). You'll likely have to spend 2-3x more to hear an appreciable difference, but then you'll also have to have a much higher end receiver.
on May 16, 2013
I finally have these installed in my movie room. Excellent sound and fairly easy to set up. The only complaint is I had to get creative with the wall mounts. They were not the easiest design, but got it to work. Love the speakers and the reciever
on December 31, 2011
Ordered this speaker system after months of online and in person research on speaker systems between $500 and $1000. I was somewhat apprehensive about purchasing these speakers without listening to them first, but with encouragement from my audiophile brother finally made the purchase. I am extremely happy with the sound and even more impressed with the appearance. The system includes the subwoofer cable, speaker wires, and mounting brackets for all speakers. I read some poor reviews on the speaker mounting brackets, the center channel bracket does look a little like an afterthought, but the surround brackets are the cleanest looking I've seen, hide speaker wires well, and we're easy to install. The sound is many times better than the Yamaha system I replaced, and the bass is more than adequate. Hope this helps, no regrets here.