Top critical review
41 people found this helpful
Good for Home theater, Bad for music
on August 14, 2012
1. Small and stylish
2. build quality is good
3. comes with wall mount
4. comes with pre-cut speaker wire and can be installed right away
5. high frequency performs very well.
6. The mid is crisp and clear, so you can hear the dialogue very easily.
7. They are good for movie with a lot of conversation.
1. It cannot use banana plug, bare wire connection is the only choice you got. So the wire will get oxidized and you need to cut the wire every half year.
2. Completely lack of 120-200 Hz frequency. Music performance is very bad and not even acceptable. No matter you are listening to jazz, pop rock or classical, they all become unreal.
3. The subwoofer cannot covered a lot of frequency. It cannot cover the 100-200 hz where the sat speaker is missing and it cannot go real low.
4. It does not perform well when movie got lot of explosion scene.
This speaker set is good if your space is limited. They are small and can fit in the living room very well. Their sleek and stylish design look very good with LCD TV. Especially, they are a good fit if you are living in condo/apartment as its apparently weak subwoofer would not disturb your neighbor.
Depend on your movie preference, if you like watching drama and romantic movie. This speaker set is good for you. But if you watch a lot action movie, you'd better look for other speaker set.
Also, never use this set for music, you will be greatly disappointed. If you want to listen to music, just get a $200 mini hifi set. Any entry level mini hifi set can beat this speaker set easily.
This speaker sound is quite bright, so it's better to be used with warm receiver like Denon and Harman Kardon to balance it out. Onkyo and Pioneer will be too bright for this speaker set.