Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Harney & Sons Loose Leaf Black Tea, Hot Cinnamon Spice, 4 Ounce
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Back to School STEM

on November 16, 2012
Fantastic! I like loose tea and spicy tea. This small tin of loose tea is probably the best tasting I've tried, hands down. It was fresh, the aroma was intoxicating, and I loved the strength of the tea it made. I made a small potful as soon as I opened the tin. I could hardly wait for it to steep. Then I used half and half and the color was elegant. The taste? Very spicy. It did not require sweetening, great since I am diabetic. Many years ago I found a similar tea at the Pike Street Market in Seattle, and lost the brand name....perhaps it was Harney. But for sure I appreciate this tea. It is a cinnamony spicy with orange tones, and probably has cayenne pepper in it too. My taste buds were wide awake after the first cup, and were very happy and satisfied after the second.

I'd say this is not caffeine free, so it is a stimulating tea for breakfast or mid-afternoon should you want a pick me up then. Caffeine does not bother me, and even after dinner is an option at my house.

Yes, I recommend this tea to those who enjoy brisk drinks. I will be ordering more, hopefully in a container larger than four ounces. I fear running low, don't you know.
review image review image review image
on October 23, 2013
As a child, I loved Atomic Fireball candies. They were a challenge to suck on, but the burning sweet flavor was delightful.

This tea takes that essence of warming cinnamon fire and distills it into a mug. The sweet clove component means I don't have to add sugar. The citrus component gives it a nice edge. But the real star of the tea's flavor is the spicy capsaicin.

I would suggest trying this tea as a mulling spice. I like mixing the brewed tea half and half with warm apple cider.

A warning: I use a tea ball, and this blend tends to have more small particles and leaf fragments than other tea blends. I've had good luck running the brewed liquid through a coffee filter when making a large batch for company.

The warm spice flavor may not be for everyone, but I like it a lot. It tastes like a truck full of Atomic Fireballs crashed into a Republican Christmas gathering where everyone is wearing reindeer sweaters.
on October 21, 2009
This tea is similar to Market Spice, Good Earth Original and Hobee's Cinnamon Orange iced tea, but I prefer it to any of those. It has a very smooth character and full body with a nice balance of cinnamon, cloves and orange. It's not subtle by any means and honestly the actual black tea flavor is a bit steamrolled by the aromatics, but I really like it. It is surprisingly sweet; I don't know if there is sugar in here, but it tastes like it.

The packaging is very attractive, though I recommend cutting the adhesive band that holds the lid on--if you try to peel it off, it'll split and leave white adhesive residue on the pretty black tin.
on January 14, 2013
Born and raised in TX, sweet iced tea runs in my veins, as a traveler of the world, even being stationed overseas, I grew to appreciate hot tea, milk tea, European, Japanese, and all styles of tea in addition to my normal cup o' joe and sweet iced tea. My wife on the other hand is a "yankee" and can't stand any black/green/white teas iced (or otherwise) only herbal teas until this one. As she said this is an American "bold" tea full of cinnamon to the point of being spicy hot, and clove that sweetens your drink to the point that no sugar/sweetener is required. It's too much for our teenage daughter, but some of her friends love it. It's excellent with a little 1/2 & 1/2 or all on it's own for no calories.
on January 28, 2014
The Good: Love the cinnamon smell as I opened the tin. I was looking forward to making a pot and working on a paper.

The Bad: I measured the tea and actually used less than usual as the sent was so strong. Loads of milk to weaken it more and the taste was still a bit much. I could not help but think the tea tasted like the gum Big Red.

Overall: I am glad I tried it and will keep it in the pantry for guest or people I don't like very much
on April 25, 2015
I wasn't sure I would like this tea; but I took a chance after reading some reviews regarding the "Hot" in the "Hot Cinnamon Spice". It was sounding like it just might be something I could enjoy. So as soon as it arrived I opened it up and took a whiff, OMG, it smelled absolutely divine and spicey! I was very careful with the measurement of tea, the water temp and infuse time. I wanted the first cup to be per instructions so I could then adjust accordingly to my own personal taste. Well that first cup was an experience, It smelled exquisite, my first sip was soon after infusing and it was steaming hot. It was almost too sweet, I don't ever use sweetener in anything, not a big fan; but the sweet cloves in it was very sweet and not sure how I felt about that. After the tea cooled to a more drinkable temperature, my holey tea-bud, it was a thousand times better than that first sip. The sweetness was tempered and all the flavors came together in a wonderful balance. The "Hot" Cinnamon got spicey and I loved it. It was a great cup of tea all the way down to the last drop. Well almost the last drop, it has so much cinnamon in it that it does have a little more tea sediment than most loose teas, but it was such a fine dusting that it was still drinkable to the last drop. That last drop just has a little kick. So my final grade is A+++. My personal adjustment is a heaping "perfect teaspoon" per cup (I like it strong and spicy), I do keep to the 5 minute suggested brew time. I do hold my anticipation in check and wait until it is a drinkable temp so I can avoid that first saccharin sweet effect of the clove it gets when it's too hot. Then it is perfect start to finish. I am going through it way too fast. I will be reordering very soon. It is my favorite afternoon wind-down tea and also my afternoon need-a-second-wind tea, whichever the day requires. What else can I say, I love this tea, and yes, the cinnamon is deliciously spicy, yum!
on January 3, 2015
I can see why many people enjoy this tea because it does have a wonderful, strong flavor of cinnamon red hot candies. The problem for me is that it is too sweet. I do not care for sugar in my tea (or milk, for that matter), and this tea is far too sweet for me. In fact, I checked the label to see if sugar was one of the ingredients but "sweet clove" is the only thing I found that might be adding the sweetness. If you use sweeteners in your tea, I don't think you would have a problem with the sweetness, but this is not for those who prefer their tea unsweetened.
on January 28, 2016
Since my years long stand-by Good earth sweet and spicy black tea changed its formulation and became insanely expensive I have been looking for a replacement.
This is very similar, maybe better ( I can't do a head to head comparison)
If you are a cinnamon lover you will love this. If you can no longer drink spiced cider because of health reasons (never drink sugar, even "natural" ones,) this will replace it and you won't even feel deprived.
A scant teaspoon in a tea infuser makes cup after cup of tea. Each one is progressively less sweet, but still pleasantly spicy.
It actually doesn't taste much like tea, so keep that in mind if what you are after is a subtle foil for your shortbread or whatever. This is a stand-alone treat.
I'm kind of baffled by the name - it is not "hot" in the capsaicin sense (does anyone know how to spell that correctly?
on September 15, 2013
The first time I tasted this I thought this the best spiced tea I have ever had, after approx. 1/2 of a four ounce can my opinion has not changed.

You will like this tea if:
--you love the taste of hot cinnamon
--you love the taste of cloves
--you love the taste of orange zest
--this tea is sweet. One of the other reviews stated that the tea must contain artificial sweetener. I do not think this is true because in the past the USDA required artificial sweeteners to be in listed the ingredients. There are no artificial sweeteners listed on the label.
If you are looking for a heavily spiced sweet tea this may be exactly what you are looking for.
on May 22, 2013
For cinnamon freaks like me, the search for a cinnamon tea is endless.

Until now.

I'm a great aficionado of tea. Until I found this tea, Jasmine green tea was my favourite and it's still my favourite green tea. But one sip of Hot Cinnamon Spice was all I needed to fall in absolute love with this brew. I've had a lot of delicious teas before, but this one is far and away the most magnificent of them all.

It is very bold and very spicy, and with a natural sweetness to it that will surprise you. If you are not a real lover of cinnamon, I dont think you would like this tea very much. It is not for the timid palate! But if you really appreciate the flavour of cinnamon and enjoy a bold tea, this one will astonish and delight you. Trust me on this - try this tea. You will be amazed.