Industrial Deals HPC Amazon First Reads Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon thechi thechi thechi  Echo Dot Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on October 15, 2015
Stunning tale of the life of a heroine of the anti-slave movement, a remarkable woman of action who led many "trains" in the Underground Railroad. A true cry for freedom, led by someone who just felt the cause of freedom in her very being. I liked the way her personal life story was interspersed with snippets from the political and military story of the time.
Indeed, one of the remarkable lessons of the book is that in spite of the efforts of the slavers, the slaves did have an idea of the social changes in the outside world, and acted accordingly. Not much on her personal feelings, probably because we do not know. For her, actions spoke louder than words.
on September 19, 2017
I enjoyed this read. The author brought Harriet Tubman and her struggles to life. Determination and persistence were the key to her strength.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 5, 2015
I bought this for my mother who loves history and Harriet Tubman in Particular. She says it was a great read and that deeply enjoyed learning more about Tubman and her life.
on June 23, 2016
This was a replacement or one I had 20 years ago.It is a book filled with emotion.I just love it.
on March 24, 2016
I learned things about Harriet that I never knew! This book was a quick read, but very informative and alluring!
on June 20, 2012
I read this book many years ago and Petry's works of fiction never fail to excite my imagination. Twenty years ago I took students from the high school in Ithaca, New York, to visit Harriet Tubman's home and grave in Auburn, New York. Petry gives life to Tubman's adventures, which stay with the reader long after the book is finished.
on March 28, 2017
This book is riveting. The history nuggets are really enlightening. The book is so descriptive, I forget it's narrative.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 9, 2016
She was a great woman. I loved the book.
on March 16, 2017