- Buy 1 Harris Powder Duster, Get 20% Off the All NEW Harris Handy Shaker with Scoop Here's how (restrictions apply)
Harris Diatomaceous Earth Powder Duster with 6 Inch Extension Nozzle
- Low Return Rate: 40% fewer returns than similar products
- Highly Rated: 4.3 star rating with over 700 reviews
- Popular Item: Popular with customers shopping for "diatomaceous earth duster"
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Light Dusting - Spreads diatomaceous earth evenly and efficiently
- Use in Multiple Settings - Perfect for household use in residences and apartments or outdoors
- Great for Tight Spaces - Places powder in difficult to reach areas, saving you time and effort
- Minimal Clogging - Turn upside down and begin with light puffs to reduce clogging
- Fine Tip Nozzle - 6" extension included for precise application
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Problem solving has a long heritage at PF Harris. In 1924, two years after its founding, the company tackled the Calvin Coolidge White House, which had been overrun for years by roaches and water bugs. Harris’s product was so successful in eliminating the scourge that he was described on the front page of the Washington Times as a "vermin slayer" who has just fought a decisive, winning battle with a horde of cockroaches which infested the lower regions of the Executive Mansion.
Over the course of the next few months Harris took “his final feast” to dozens of government buildings, including the Senate Office Building, the Department of Justice, the Supreme Court and Walter Reed Hospital. Success followed success: Each superintendent of the various buildings was highly satisfied with the results.
The company today stays nimble enough to respond to changing market demands, leading the way in the development of numerous products, including natural insect repellents like Swamp Gator and Swamp Gnat which repel biting insects without using deet. Beyond the products it sells, Harris helps customers find easy and economical solutions to pest problems through helpful labeling, instructive videos and personal advice.
It’s a brand with a reliable past and an innovative future. PF Harris is America’s oldest EPA-registered company. With more than 55 products, the company provides solutions to treat everything from roaches and bed bugs to scorpions and stink bugs.
Using the Duster
Use the Harris powder duster for application of diatomaceous earth, boric acid and more. With an extension nozzle of 6 inches, the duster is perfect for reaching tough areas with a light coating of powder. Once filled, screw the cap on tight and turn the duster upside down. Puff into areas where necessary, such as cabinets, window sills, garbage cans, around baseboards, beneath refrigerators or stoves, and on pet beds. Keep powder as dry as possible, as it will clump and not puff properly if wet. Also, be careful not to fill the duster to much when first starting out to prevent clogging.
- Flexible Body with Bellows
- Applicator Extension
- Fine Tip Nozzle
- Cap (Base)
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Also, the applicator extension included with this duster is just about 4 inches long. I imagine for most applications, this is sufficient, however if you need to get into tight places or there are other structures blocking your access to the point where you need place the delivery nozzle, this extension is just not long enough. I solved this problem by going to the hardware store and buying 2 ft of 3/8" OD polyethylene tubing at about 24 cents a foot. See the pic. By using this tubing instead of the included applicator extension, I was able to easily dispense the dust exactly where I needed, and still be able to hold the duster upright with the applicator on the bottom.
All in all, this is an great product, well worth the small price. And with a simple addition, this becomes an excellent solution to a very annoying problem.
With a little practice, you can be more precise, and shoot a rough line of powder rather than a cloud, which is especially important with something toxic, like an actual pesticide. But if you do THAT, wear a mask! Or you WILL be breathing some of it into your lungs. Not good at all.
The powder will still hang in the air for awhile, so be selective about when and where you apply it, and keep kids and animals OUT. Do not go back without a mask for a couple of hours. If you apply it at night, and go back the next morning, you should be fine. That's what I did in our basement laundry area. The floor drain goes through the ground, under the house, to the main outflow sewer pipe in the street, so after all the rain in New York this spring, the ground got soaked and the water rose. We and lots of houses in the area had an invasion of waterbugs. Quite disgusting. I have finally gotten rid of them (most dead, the remainder driven out) by
• dry-spraying the basement corners and drains with Diatomaceous earth mixed with boric acid powder (the first one incapacitates them, snd the second one kills them)
• Spraying the boxes, bags and furnitures, all the walls, shelving, ceiling beams and crawlspaces with a mixture of tea tree oil, neem oil, and dish detergent in water. About a tablesoon of each to a quart of water. These ingredients are used on vegetable gardens to get rid of pests and plant diseases, and will not harm you or your belongings, but keep the pets out. Tea tree oil is also powerfully anti-fungal and will take care of your basement or under-sink mildew problem (also dandruff and smelly shoes. Look it up) and the smell dissipates in two days.
Recommended. Thank you.
Diatomacious earth seems OK to be in the air. It doesn't make us cough. It smells faintly. It settles quickly. There is a long tradition of human use in food, toothpaste, etc.
Its mostly silica, which can cause a lung impairment called "silicosis" in people who work daily in mining and environments full of cement dust for many years of their lives. So, don't expect to do this long term.