- Series: Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- Hardcover: 2770 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education / Medical; 19 edition (April 8, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0071802150
- ISBN-13: 978-0071802154
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 3.8 x 11 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 99 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #39,092 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine 19/E (Vol.1 & Vol.2) 19th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
There is a newer edition of this item:
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Publisher
About the Author
Dennis Kasper, MD is Professor of Medicine at Harvard and a leading researcher of the health and disease implications related to host-microbe interactions and the human microbiome.
Anthony Fauci, MD is Director of the National Institutes for Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and recipient of the Lasker Prize for Medicine. He is a leading authority in HIV and AIDS, immunology, and management of Ebola Virus Disease.
Dan Longo, MD is Deputy Editor, New England Journal of Medicine and Professor of Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital/Harvard Medical School. Dr. Longo is a highly regarded cancer specialist.
Stephen Hauser MD is Robert A. Fishman Distinguished Professor and Chair, Department of Neurology, UCSF School of Medicine. He is a leading authority on multiple sclerosis.
J. Larry Jameson, MD, PhD is Robert G. Dunlop Professor of Medicine, Dean, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, and Executive Vice President, University of Pennsylvania Health System.
Joseph Loscalzo MD, PhD is Hersey Professor of the Theory and Practice of Medicine, Harvard Medicine School and a leading authority in many aspects of cardiovascular medicine.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. While it seems like a good idea to make a small problems-based volume and a larger diseases-based volume, this is just not practical. Not only the larger volume is heavy and difficult to move around the desk, it is also difficult to read since pages curve very deep into binding due to the volume size.
2. I am not sure how authors decided which chapters will be available only on the disk. For example, one of my favorite chapters about transfusion therapy has disappeared from the book and exists only on the disk. I find this ridiculous - every hospital-based physician deals with transfusions all the time. It is much more important for vast majority of internists to know how to manage transfusions and their complications than to be experts in Tularemia, Relapsing Polychondritis or MEN - and these chapters made it to the paper! Other examples of important chapters that can be found only on the disk are Bone Cancer, Antiviral therapy, Poisoning and drug overdose etc. etc. etc.
Most recent customer reviews
Buy this for residency and use it as a PDR (Physician's Desk Reference).Read more