Lyft Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Noah Gundersen GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 219 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 298 reviews
on February 28, 2014
This is an excellent bedtime story that is simple, straightforward, adventuresome, touching, and identifiable for families. This is an excellent story to use to teach your children to read for themselves, because after a few readings they can pick out the words for themselves, then you can "not tell the story right..." and have them show you where you are and correct you, and then read the story for themselves.

This timeless classic has wonderful illustrations that compliment the text with a perfection that is often absent from modern choices.

In short, this book i *valuable* because it is classic, timeless, excellent, entertaining, and pleases both parents and children alike. This is a delightful work that should be in every home.
on June 25, 2017
A favorite book of my four boys, and now I'm purchasing them for my grandkids. It's an old-school book that is perfect for any generation. Little dog gets away from his 'family', they find a dog that's the wrong color, and finally realize that their dog just got dirty so all is well. Simple to read and keeps the interest of little ones. The dust jackets were 100% perfect.
on June 7, 2017
I grew up with Harry and was very excited to find these books for our youngest. Over the years we've lost my original books and had a surprise baby! Harry is interesting and fun and she loves him at 3.5 years old! Also check out "No Roses for Harry" and "Harry by the Sea."
on February 22, 2010
This is a book that will grow along with my son. Some of the story line is difficult to understand, but my son gets the basic concept. Right now, he loves to point out all of the different elements on each page: a train! a car! a boy! As he ages, the book will begin to take on more meaning.

The book is about a dog who does not want to take a bath, so instead he runs out the door and finds mischief while playing around in town. He starts to get hungry and lonely and finds his way back home, but the family doesn't recognize him because he's so dirty. He used to be a white dog with black spots, but now he's a black dog with white spots.

This is a classic children's book and one that I'm so glad we have in our home library. It's really a must. The size is just right and the book is quite sturdy for the adventurous toddler grip.

We even found the companion DVD and I'm amazed at how the animation only enhances the story, not over powers it. It's animation style is a direct link to the book. We love it!

Harry the Dirty Dog... and More Playful Puppy Stories (Scholastic Storybook Treasures)
on July 28, 2017
Great kids book. I had this when I was little and decided to buy it for my daughter and she loved it. A classic
on August 28, 2017
I love these books and the hardcover version of this book makes a wonderful gift with an adorable story.
on May 25, 2017
Adorable story, adorable Harry! Our family has been "Harry" fans for decades.
on August 16, 2016
My 3 year old loves this book. It is cute and engaging. Good reading material for little ones learning their sight words.
on July 17, 2017
Arrived in perfect condition a day before it was set to arrive, great gift for expecting parents.
on January 14, 2015
I had this book as a first-grader. My children read my copy, but it has become a bit fragile. I ordered it for my little grandson. He loves it. It has everything he likes, dogs, a boy, a mama, a ball... I do not find it dated, although the illustrations are a little old-fashioned. It's a simple story about a little dog who runs away and gets very dirty. Then, his family doesn't recognize him and he has to show them he's their Harry. My grandson is 18 months and enjoys the pictures and hearing us read to him. I think a beginning reader would like it very much. I ordered the hard cover edition.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse