About the Product
- Play as Harry, Ron and Hermione, switching from one player to the next
- Face opponents such as Sirius Black and the Dementors
- Unravel the mystery behind the wizard prison
- Exciting sub quests
- For 1 or 2 players
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The graphics are quite good, for the most part, but they just don't make Hogwarts come to life. In fact, Harry is pretty much just thrown down in the middle of the place and sent to class without any adequate introduction - there's no animation clip of Harry's departure from the Dursley household, no get-together in the Great Hall, only the briefest of welcomes from Professors Dumbledore and McGonagall, and little chance to really settle in. Hogwarts itself seems to lack character, especially when viewed from outside the grounds - I never felt as if I were really "home." The experience is further diminished by the nonexistence of Quidditch matches, a House Points Championship, or extracurricular activities such as wizard dueling. Then there's the length of the thing. Just as I was settling in and planning to get start exploring the place in earnest, I found myself almost at the end of the game. This feels more like a demo than a complete game. You basically only learn three new spells here, and the spell challenges are much shorter than those of the earlier Harry Potter games.Read more ›
But I wasn't thrilled with this one. I liked it, but had some reservations and disappointments, especially after the complex and really enjoyable PC version of Chamber of Secrets.
What I liked:
* Overall, the game is a solid effort. It's fun and diverting, and the kids will love it.
* It was great to be able to play all three main characters at different points of play. Unfortunately the voice acting is a lot less solid this time around -- all three kids just don't sound all that convincing (or even very English)
* I loved the Draconifors Challenge -- a really innovative challenge in which Hermione must play enchanted rabbits and dragons through a series of steps. Enchanting and really clever (the rabbit sits and scratches when inactive; the dragon is just as cute. These also involve some of the best graphics in the game.
On the down side:
* Like others who have posted here, I have a near-new, screaming machine, yet could not play the game at the highest resolution either; is this really a driver issue for EA or a bug?
The game ran fine for me, but whether it's the resolution or a change in animation styles (or deadlines), this is a far less beautiful game visually than Chamber of Secrets. There are a lot more closeups, too, and they look terrible, very pixellated and blocky. The characters don't look bad, but they just don't look great, and they should.
* The game is way, way shorter than Chamber of Secrets.Read more ›
As beautiful as it was, I have one MAJOR beef with this game, and it's a doozy. There isn't enough of it. Instead of doing their own adaption directly from the book, as they've done in the past, Know Wonder atempted to adapt the already super-shortened story from the movie. (I haven't seen it yet, but I have seen the reviews.) The result feels horribly rushed. It's like watching a 2 minute generalized synopsys. They didn't even explain WHY Sirius was after Pettigrew. Sirius appears for a total of what? 15 seconds? Rather than adding Quidditch as a side-game as in the previous games (which could have been great if you ask me), they make a single cutscene. Darn. The few complaints I've heard about the PoA movie are usually about the idea of non-bookreaders being completely lost. Well, prepare to be lost in space if you haven't read the book OR seen the movie.
In a nutshell, by not following their own continuity and creating their own story adaptation straight from the book, Know Wonder really screwed themselves over this time. There's a lot of missed possibilities in this game. A LOT.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The game was way too easy to complete. i finished it in a day, whereas with HP and the chamber of secrets it took longer to complete.Published on July 14, 2014 by Jonathan
True to form for Harry Potter enterprise. Love the graphics and easiness of the game. Too fast though. Doesn't take long to complete. Wish there was more interaction and play.Published on June 14, 2014 by C Jennings
The product came in perfect condition and I enjoyed playing this game with my younger brother. Shipping wasn't a long wait.Published on June 2, 2014 by sigsi
I do like PC Games. I got it for my nephew and he sees to enjoy playing it; specially if you are a Harry Potter movie fan.Published on January 23, 2014 by French Door Fridge
I cannot praise this game enough. When I was younger I must have played this game almost 8 times,and my sisters did it just about as much. Read morePublished on July 26, 2013 by Susan F