Harry Potter Years 1-5 [Blu-ray]
|Additional Blu-ray options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Top Customer Reviews
The box itself looks and feels like an old piece of luggage and there are lots of fun things inside. Each movie comes as a two disc set enclosed in a case resembling a text book. There are two extra "books", the interactive DVD game and an disc full of Harry Potter extras (various short documentaries for each film).
In addition to the DVDs, the box also contains trading cards and bookmarks. The cards are very cool, but the bookmarks are the highlight of the extras. They are of metal construction and are very detailed. There are bookmarks of Hedwig, Harry's Broom, a Golden Snitch, Gryffindor Shield, and Voldemort's Prophecy.
If you don't want to wait until after The Deathly Hallows or you just want a really impressive set to collect, I highly recommend you pick this up.
The special features are listed by movie, so here goes:
*Year 1: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Additional Scenes . Capturing the Stone: Casting and Bringing the Novel to Life . Around the world multilanguage Clip . Ghosts of Hogwarts . Yearbook Character Clips . Lessons in Quidditch and What it takes to hatch a Dragon Egg
*Year 2: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Additional Scenes . Conversation with Author J.K. Rowling and Screenwriter Steve Kloves . Building a Scene: Moviemaking Magic . Visit Lockhart's Classroom to view his Certificates and Required Reading . Interviews with Students, Professors and More
*Year 3: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkapan
Additional Scenes . Creating the Vision: Director Alfonso Cuar'on, Author J.K. Rowling and others reflect . Conjuring a Scene: The On-set Magic of Cinematic Craftspeople . Shrunken Head Interviews with Heroes, Gryffindors, Slytherins, Teachers, Dursleys and Filmmakers . Choir Practice . Care of Magical Creatures
*Year 4: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Additional Scenes . Conversations with the Cast . Preparing for the Yule Ball . Reflections on the Fourth Film . Harry vs the Horntail: The First Task . Meet the Champions . In Too Deep: The Second Task . The Maze: The Third Task . He Who Must Not be Named
*Year 5: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
(SPECIAL FEATURES FOR OotP ARE IN HIGH DEFINITION)
Focus Points: Featurettes and Production Diaries . Additional Scenes . The Hidden Secrets of Harry Potter: Revisit the First 5 Movies for Clues .Read more ›
When I ordered the Years 1-5 Blu bundle I already had years 1-4 on DVD and year 5 on Blu. My expectations were to get significantly better picture quality and improved sound. These being at least for years 1-4 original DVD re-releases, I did not expect a lot of Blu 'special treatment'. My expectations, both the positive and the negative ones were generally met with a few disappointments on the special features treatment.
We get a small bundle. Each individual movie is delivered on one Blu disc inside a Blu slim case. There's nothing inside the case but the disc itself. The carton box lists the special features for each of the 5 movies on the back.
Movies are all presented on 1080p and a 2.4:1 aspect ratio. The picture quality is excellent even by Blu standards.
Linear PCM 5.1 sounds amazing. It's a clear improvement over the DVD's Dolby 5.1 which is also available as the default audio option.
This is where, surprisingly, the Blu edition offers 'less' than the DVD.
- All the DVD ROM features present on the DVD releases are missing. This is understandable and not unexpected. There are very few computers with Blu drives these days.
- All the 'interactive' features present on the DVD releases are missing. This is not understandable or expected because greater interactivity is one of Blu's selling points.
- All the other DVD features are present on the Blu releases but they are all unchanged - the same low resolution.
- No new special features were added to the Blu releases.Read more ›
For the most part the movies here look spectacular. For the most part. "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" looks really good. But for the price of a BD movie it should look a lot better. The rest of the catalogue looks terrific however, especially Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
As others have stated the packaging is rather cumbersome. I would have preferred the movies be in their regular blue cases as opposed to the cases that are different sizes. Still, I am sure most collectors will be happy with this set. Although it's not perfect, this set will probably make any Harry Potter fan fortunate enough to own a Blu Ray player happy.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I purchased this years ago and just recently started watching all of the DVD's. This is such a great set, it includes the first five movies and really cool collectibles. Read morePublished 18 days ago by Michigan
I would rather communicate directly with the seller to explain that sticking a security tag on the playing side of the fifth DVD means it gets damaged and therefore unwatchable. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Joanne van Selm
Not sure but it was great! It said the commercials or whatever you call them were for 0$ so I "bought" it.... Not sure if it was just 0$ though...Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Customers Also Watched on Amazon Video
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > 10-12 Years
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Characters & Series > Harry Potter > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Characters & Series > Harry Potter > Box Sets
- Movies & TV > Characters & Series > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Movies & TV > Characters & Series > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Movies & TV > Characters & Series > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Movies & TV > Characters & Series > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Movies & TV > Characters & Series > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > All Titles