Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 18 reviews
on August 21, 2013
My cat is 8+ years old. I have been using this product for more than a year. Because of a negative review I read on this site, I asked his vet about this product, and he suggested the ground oyster shell should help with plaque. I also use a liquid with enzymes that I put into the cat's water bowl each day, and his vet also thought the enzymes would help with plaque as well. My cat likes both. Per directions, I put 1/2 a scoop of the powder on top of a small amount of wet food in the morning, and he has always eaten all of the food and powder. He also gets treats intended for teeth health. I believe the combination of all of them have a positive impact in the health of his teeth.
on October 31, 2015
This has become much harder to buy - no longer a Prime item, etc., unfortunately! I really like this product. My cat has a gum issue that is common with Siamese cats and that makes it painful for him to eat, resulting in weight loss and general crabbiness. This dental powder is super easy to use - just sprinkle a spoonful (spoon provided, in the bottle) over the cat's food each morning and evening. The powder contains oyster shell, with acts as a mild abrasive, to cleanse and polish the cat's teeth and gums. After just a few days of using this on my cat's food, I could tell he was feeling much better and having a lot less mouth pain.
on September 16, 2016
I have tried this for months and the plaque has not come off. I wanted to see how abrasive this is when it is wet. I wet a paper towel and put some on it and rubbed it. It turned to mush. How is this suppose to work on teeth if it does not remain abrasive when it comes in contact with liquids ? I'm going try something new I looked up, putting eggs in the oven and then grinding them fine in the blender.
on June 24, 2013
Being the lazy person that I am, I didn't start brushing my 2 cats' teeth while they were babies. Now, I wouldn't dare go near them with a tooth brush. We sprinkle this dental powder on their dry food each morning. We've used Hartz Dental Powder for about 1.5 years. Our cats have clean teeth and clean breath. Also, they love the taste of the powder.
on May 12, 2016
Ordered this after having my one cats teeth cleaned. I'm supposed to brush her teeth but since she is semi-feral that is out of the question. Will see how well it works after the vet checks her teeth again. I sprinkle 1/2 tsp. on her food as directed. She has no problem eating it as does my other cat.
on October 8, 2016
I put some on my three cats food once a day. I've been doing this for about a month. Their teeth are much whiter and gums more pink. I don"t know why it works, but I'll keep on using it. Thanks Much!!! C.C.
on September 16, 2016
This has been the best cleaner for the cats...their teeth really shine and it removes the accumulated tartar after a couple weeks. All three of the cats love the taste and eat it right on top of their food.
on May 13, 2016
have used this product for about 3 years my cats teeth were not good when I started using it now all her check ups are great. Could not find this product on the market anymore so I was very happy when I found it on amazon. Thank you
on April 25, 2014
My cat absolutely loves this product. I have tried brushing his teeth only to have a fight begin, He is tame as I groom him daily and bathe him bi-monthly, yes he is babied. When I fill his food bowl, he waits for me to add his "num num's" to his food, looking at me patiently before he dives into his food. Truly a great product and much cheaper than having vet cleaning bill.
on May 26, 2016
I tried using this product since my cat had had a tooth removed even though I had been brushing her teeth. It didn't work. She needed a second tooth removed this month.