Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(Verified Purchases). See both reviews
on August 1, 2011
Other than "Areopagitica" in Volume 3 of the Harvard Classics, I had never read anything of Milton's, so I did not know what to expect. But now I'm done, I'm glad that because of the Harvard Classics, I got to read "Paradise Lost." None of Milton's other poems approaches this one in terms of sheer beauty, and I can honestly say that I have never read anything quite like it.

Simply for including "Paradise Lost," and at the low, low price of $1, this volume of the Harvard Classics deserves 5 stars, but as with all the volumes of the Classics I've read up to this point, there are still minor errors of spelling, and that's why I'm docking a star from this review.
VINE VOICEon October 3, 2010
John Milton was much more than the author of Paradise Lost. That itself warrants this purchase (it's only $1!), but includes poems from his time in College, when he was at Horton, a number of letters and poems written during the Civil War, Paradise Regained and Samson's Agonistes.

Milton in general is hard to read. He's not so much as a poet as we're familiar with - rhyming is sparse, but it takes on the form of a Greek tragedy/drama. Paradise Lost took considerable effort to persevere through on my part, but I'm glad I did.

If you're a fan of Milton, this is the entire collection for less than a cup of coffee. You can't beat it.