Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Harvie Krumpet
Format: DVD|Change
Price:$8.99+ $3.99 shipping

HALL OF FAMEon December 16, 2010
This amazing animation appeals to me in more ways than I think I can say. There's Harvie, of course, the misfortune magnet who somehow keeps plugging along despite it all. The narrative style announces each new disaster with head-on bluntness and total lack of emotion, much the way Harvie himself deals with them. Instead of morose, however, this comes across as reserved and accepting, a lesson in living through the tough moments. That casual tolerance of of the worst life has to offer makes it seem not so bad after all.

Then there's the goofy animation style, Harvie's penchant for undress (no matter what the local standards), and a never-ending stream of minor jokes and throw-aways. (Watch for a finger-puppet anywhere but on a finger.) The rough animation style seems to glory in slightly lumpy lines, reminding the viewer that we real people have our own bumps and blemishes, but get by quite nicely anyway.

Even with the extras, this isn't a long DVD. Maybe brevity is a virtue this time. That will make it easier to schedule seeing this one again and again, as I'm sure I will. I know I haven't done it justice, but I'm not sure words can. Brilliant!

-- wiredweird
on October 31, 2004
Harvie Krumpet is a little clay figure who shows us how life is full of ups and downs.
My family was recently spending time together (we had just lost an immediate, younger family member). We had heard that Harvie Krumpet is a funny animated story, so we decided to watch it. Though a dark comedy (not meant for young children) and not politically correct by today's standards, we were reminded of times gone by. I'm quite a religious person, and I was not offended by the local Church's visit to the aged-persons' home. In my opinion, it was more a spoof on naive people trying to give a "quick fix" solution to life's problems. We certainly related to Harvie's experiences. We felt like crying, we felt like laughing, and we knew that our down time would brighten up by "seizing the day".
on March 14, 2005
I wasn't sure what to expect from this DVD, but only knew it was Australian and had recieved some good reviews here. I was pleasently surprised to experience a series of claymation stories which were truly unique. Mr. Elliot is a talented artist with a fresh perspective on storytelling. Most of the material included here is (or appears to be) based on Elliot's actual family and experiences growning up in Melbourne. The stories are often subtle in their humour and message, but evoke strong laughs and somber contemplation. These stories are quirky yet very human. My only complaint is that I was left wanting more. The price seems a bit steep for the amount of content.
on October 26, 2012
This is recommended when you buy Mary and Max but it is a bonus on that DVD so if you buy Mary and Max don't buy this seperately, it is a fine alone though. Just a heads up cause I bought them both because Harvie was only 6.53 but when I noticed my mistake it would cost over three to send it back so I am just going to keep it but it is completely uneccessary.
on May 29, 2015
"Max and Mary" we enjoyed more. "Harvey Krumpet" was what we call a short, not a movie.
on May 10, 2014
This is the kind of story that every adult should watch. Not only does it tug at your hear heart strings, but it also shows how the human spirit manages to persevere no matter what is thrown at it. I watch it every so often just to remind me what it is to be a human being.
on December 23, 2016
Weird and awesome stop motion.
on November 8, 2016
Great I love this filmmaker!
on May 21, 2014
Take it for what it is, awesome entertainment. Needed to be longer though, seemed too short. The world of animation has come a long way and has added much enjoyment to my sense of humor.
on September 22, 2015
excellent movie! I love the director. I wish there were more movies like this.