Hasa Folding Foldable Bike Shimano 6 Speed White
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Aluminum Alloy 6061 Frame
- 20" Alloy Wheels
- Shimano 6 Speed Shifter
- This model is one size fits all. Fit riders 4'8" to 6'3" in height. The seat post is whopping 550mm long to accomodate all sizes. We recommend that a rider's weight be under 240 lbs.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Brand: HASA (Taiwanese Brand and Made in Taiwan)
Frame: HASA Alloy 6061 Aluminum Light
Fork: HASA Alloy 6061 Aluminum Light 20"
Stem: TIMELESS DS050 Steel (adjustable height)
Height from Ground to Handlebar: Lowest: 98cm or 38.6", Highest: 110cm or 43.3"
Handlebar: Alloy Flat Bar 510mm Long
Seatpost: Alloy 40.2mm x 510mm
Saddle: VELO Comfort Soft Saddle VL-4022
Shifter: SHIMANO REVASHIFT 6 Speed
Brake Levers: PROMAX Alloy BL-46G
Brakes: Front: PROMAX TX-107C; Rear: PROMAX TX-107C
Derailleur: Rear: SHIMANO RD-TY18SSD 6 Speed
Crankset: JLATAI JT0S1022 170mm 48 Teeth Aluminum Alloy with Chain Guard
Crank Arm Length: 170mm
Bottom Bracket: HONGTLAN HT-W01 With Ball Bearing
Cassette: SHIMANO MFTZ20 6 Speed 14-28T
Chain: KMC C30 106 Link
Rims: Aluminum Alloy 20" 28 Holes
Hubs: ACCESS Aluminum Alloy Hubs AE-601F and AE-601R Both 28 Holes
Spokes: Stainless Steel 14G
Tyres: KENDA 20"x1.5 K-193
Tubes: KENDA 20'x1.5
Pedals: VP Folding Type: VP-F55
Mudguards: Plastic Included
Rear Rack: Steel with Rear Light Holder Included
Weight: Approx. 12.5kg or 27.5 lbs (Including Mudguards and Rack)
Folding Size: 84cm x 64cm x 33cm 33" x 25" x 13"
Folding Time: Approx 10 Seconds
Warranty: 5 years on Frame, One year on parts except brake pads, tyres and tubes.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Shipping free & Quick:
I ordered this bike on January 2, 2014 and it arrived in New Hampshire, clear across the country from California on January 8, 2014 during a very bad week of weather. Not only was the shipping included, but I thought in light of multiple flight delays and those "coldest temperatures in 20 years" both this Amazon partner did a great job along with Fedex getting this package delivered in 4 business days!
2. Packing was sufficient:
The bike arrived safely, with one part of the bike having punctured the shipping carton, even though it was the mid-portion of the bicycle where it folds, luckily there was no damage. There really is no padding to speak of in the shipping container, but there is plenty of plastic and cardboard sleeves around the tubes and fenders, etc. In a way, it was nice to not have a lot of styrofoam/plastic packing.... I always thought there's way too much trash to be dumped in the landfill.... bottom line, the bike made it from Taiwan to California to New Hampshire with no damage!
3. Setup was very easy, I spent more time removing cardboard sleeves and plastic wrap then actually unfolding the bike. You essentially do four things to get underway... a) unfold the bike in the middle of the frame and lock the folding latch, b) unfold the handlebars and lock that latch, c) insert the seatpost (seat is already attached) and slide it to the desired height and lock the quick-release, and finally d) find the one and only small box in the carton which contains the right-side pedal (the left-side pedal is already attached), using the correct size wrench, just attach the pedal (the right side pedal threads clockwise, the way you would expect... (just for information, the left side pedal if you ever remove it is a reverse thread)
4. The setup above was easy... but adjusting is a bit more time-consuming. There were several other things to be done to get this bike underway. I'm sure every bike will vary, on this particular bike. The front brake was too tight, that had to be loosened a tad. The rear brake did not contact the rim at all, I had to loosen and pull the cable much tighter for the rear brake to work, also on the rear brake, one pad was hitting the tire more than the rim, another easy adjustment. The rear derailleur was a totally different story as far as ease of adjustment, the shifter would not even get close to the two lowest gears (these are the larger cogs in the rear). I had to totally disconnect the cable altogether and manually push the derailleur up and down while moving the pedals to even get the limits right on the derailleur (you can find directions on you tube for this). It took a while to set the limits and then re-attach the shifter cable and adjust from there, after a good 20 minutes I finally had the shifter going pretty good. I have a bicycle workstand to work with, which mad it much easier since you have to pump the pedals while checking the shifting.
And last but not least! Fill the tires up to about 60psi (max of 65psi!)
It's really a pretty nice bike, frame seems quite solid, the little riding I did (it's currently 10 degrees outside here in NH) was very smooth, shifted fine (after all the adjusting), seemed to brake well. It comes with funky little extras like fenders, a rear rack, kickstand, and a goofy little useless handlebar bell!
You're all wondering now what is the "but" that I indicated in this review's subject line??
According to the Amazon listing, in the main description it says:
"This model is one size fits all. Fit riders 4'8" to 6'3" in height. The seat post is whopping 550mm long to accommodate all sizes."
I am 5" 11" tall (32" inseam) and to be honest, this bike is too small for me. The seat post I received is only 530mm long (at best). In addition there's a hash mark on the post that says you should not extend beyond the mark... even with an extra 1-1/4" beyond the "safety mark" this bike is still a bit too small for me. I wish they had a little bit longer seat post! At any rate, I will give this bike to my girlfriend (our intention was to buy two to carry in the car to do quick railtrail rides etc...), I'm not sure if I'll see if I can change the seat out to get a little more height and maybe buy a second Hasa bike for me, just if I could get 2 more inches added to the seat height I would be happy!
Overall, this is a great value, free shipping, but just be a bit careful if you're a taller rider! The 6' 3" maximum height they claim seems to be a bit unrealistic!
Pros: price and performance. It's a six-speed model in a small package. Easy for neighborhood jaunts. Folds up small enough to easily carry onto commuter rail during rush hours.
Cons: It's not terribly light weight - so although it folds small - it's a bit heavy. Could use a little better quality control - and will require you to do some tuning on arrival (derailleur, and brakes will need adjustment).
The fact that includes fenders (plastic which is _fine_) and a few other options like a cargo holder, and a nice shifter at this price point cannot be denied.
Most recent customer reviews
Rode the bike and it performed as advertised.Read more