- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 2010 Oppenheim Platinum Award
- Put your skills to the test with 3 different solo and competitive games and slide, swap and shuffle your way to a win
- Electronic version of the classic games challenges you to make words out of the electronic tiles
- Electronic version of the classic scrabble game
- Includes 5 SmartLink letter tiles, storage box and rules
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also viewed these products
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Scrabble Flash offers a compact, modern version of the classic game that people of all vocabulary levels can enjoy. Great for players eight years and older, this game features five SmartLink tiles that keep track of your words and points electronically. Play one of the two solo games, or swap tiles to win against a friend. Ideal for road trips or family vacations, Scrabble Flash delivers word-building excitement in a convenient, portable size.
Offers three game possibilities for either individual or group play. View larger.
The electronic tiles "read" each other's letters when they touch. View larger.
With only five tiles and a lightweight storage box, Scrabble Flash is both portable and well within the word power of younger players. The game starts with a chime as each of the interactive SmartLink tiles displays a letter. Tiles can "read" each other's letters when they touch as you shuffle them around to make a word. When you've made a word, the tiles light up and beep, and you can continue to the next word. Once your time is up, the tiles digitally display your score. When one game just isn't enough, press the reset button and the tiles will flash a new combination of letters.
Three Game Possibilities for Solo or Group Play
Scrabble Flash offers three game possibilities for either individual or group play. The Flash option asks players to make as many words as they can from the same five letters in 75 seconds--each five-letter word adds five seconds to the clock.
In Five Letter Flash, a player finds one five-letter word and then receives five new letters, trying to spell as many words as possible in the allotted 75 seconds.
In the third option, Pass Flash, players pass the tiles around. When one player has formed a five-letter word within the time limit, they pass the tiles to the next player, who gets five new letters. If a player doesn't spell a word quickly enough, he or she is eliminated from the round, and everyone else continues until all but one player has been eliminated.
To make things easier for younger players, each game can be played with only four tiles. The game's flexible format makes solo play fun too.
Easy to Get Started
With the simple setup and easy directions, young first-time players will be able to choose a game and play Scrabble Flash in no time at all. The 2-inch tiles are easy to read and are made of thick plastic for easy handling, so you can set up and move through a game quickly.
Batteries are included and installed.
What's in the Box
Five SmartLink cubes, five CR2032 batteries, storage box, and instruction booklet.
This product contains small parts and is not for children under three years of age.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Scrabble Flash Cubes essentially solves my problem of not having anyone to play Scrabble with. Scrabble Flash Cubes is largely played as a solo game, although it can be played with more than 1 player. This game offers three game playing options. Game 1 (solo game) - create as many words as you can with a set of 5 letters in a given time period. Game 2 (solo game) - create as many 5 letter words with a set of changing 5 letters in a given time period. Game 3 (multi-player game) - pass the cubes after creating a word, the person to have the cubes when the timer goes off is out (a bit of hot potato of sorts).
- Super easy to play with really no setup. Just line up the cubes, press the button, and go.
- Replaceable batteries.
- Educational: The more you play, the better you will be at coming up with Scrabble words.
- Fun: This game is highly addictive. Once you start playing you will want to try to better your score and/or create more words, which will lead to more Scrabble Flash Cubes playing.
- The only con to this game (which IMO, is what I like about it) is that this game is really suited to play solo. If you want to play Scrabble with other people you are better off just playing Scrabble.
I would definitely recommend this game to Scrabble lovers, game lovers, and really anyone for that matter.
Five letters appear - one on each tile. Use the time to form words by placing the tiles side by side. When the tiles recognize the word, they darken and you can form your next words until the time runs out. It will give you a score -- how many words you formed -- and then it will tell you how many you could have formed. I wish the game would flash the words that you didn't get so you could learn new words but it doesn't.
We've been playing these a lot in the past few days and occasionally, the cubes get "confused" and don't respond. We let them sit and shut off (automatically after a few minutes...there is no "off" button) and then turn it back on and it seems to be good.
The other thing...I wish there was a two player mode. Same letters to compete with one another. But that is not a two player option. The only head to head competition is in a mode where you form different words until one of you can no longer generate a new word, but that's not the same.
Nevertheless, all ages are having fun with this...tweens, teens, adults and seniors.