Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
|Price:||$27.49 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$2.50 (8%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 2010 Oppenheim Platinum Award
- Put your skills to the test with 3 different solo and competitive games and slide, swap and shuffle your way to a win
- Electronic version of the classic games challenges you to make words out of the electronic tiles
- Electronic version of the classic scrabble game
- Includes 5 SmartLink letter tiles, storage box and rules
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Scrabble Flash offers a compact, modern version of the classic game that people of all vocabulary levels can enjoy. Great for players eight years and older, this game features five SmartLink tiles that keep track of your words and points electronically. Play one of the two solo games, or swap tiles to win against a friend. Ideal for road trips or family vacations, Scrabble Flash delivers word-building excitement in a convenient, portable size.
Offers three game possibilities for either individual or group play. View larger.
The electronic tiles "read" each other's letters when they touch. View larger.
With only five tiles and a lightweight storage box, Scrabble Flash is both portable and well within the word power of younger players. The game starts with a chime as each of the interactive SmartLink tiles displays a letter. Tiles can "read" each other's letters when they touch as you shuffle them around to make a word. When you've made a word, the tiles light up and beep, and you can continue to the next word. Once your time is up, the tiles digitally display your score. When one game just isn't enough, press the reset button and the tiles will flash a new combination of letters.
Three Game Possibilities for Solo or Group Play
Scrabble Flash offers three game possibilities for either individual or group play. The Flash option asks players to make as many words as they can from the same five letters in 75 seconds--each five-letter word adds five seconds to the clock.
In Five Letter Flash, a player finds one five-letter word and then receives five new letters, trying to spell as many words as possible in the allotted 75 seconds.
In the third option, Pass Flash, players pass the tiles around. When one player has formed a five-letter word within the time limit, they pass the tiles to the next player, who gets five new letters. If a player doesn't spell a word quickly enough, he or she is eliminated from the round, and everyone else continues until all but one player has been eliminated.
To make things easier for younger players, each game can be played with only four tiles. The game's flexible format makes solo play fun too.
Easy to Get Started
With the simple setup and easy directions, young first-time players will be able to choose a game and play Scrabble Flash in no time at all. The 2-inch tiles are easy to read and are made of thick plastic for easy handling, so you can set up and move through a game quickly.
Batteries are included and installed.
What's in the Box
Five SmartLink cubes, five CR2032 batteries, storage box, and instruction booklet.
Compare to similar items
This item Scrabble Flash
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||HMM STORE||Amazon.com||Loot Cave||Firelight Home||Amazon.com||Twin Light Games|
|Are Batteries Required||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||No|
|Item Dimensions||7.87 x 2.52 x 10.51 in||8.66 x 2.48 x 8.66 in||8 x 11 x 3 in||2.7 x 10.8 x 8.2 in||5.24 x 2.01 x 7.87 in||24 x 3 x 24 in|
|Item Weight||1.15 lbs||0.75 lb||1.05 lbs||2.4 ounces||6.35 ounces||12 lbs|
Top Customer Reviews
Scrabble Flash gets big points from me for using 2032 button batteries- these are readily available and don't require a trip to the obscure battery store. The game gets even bigger points from me for including the first set of batteries with the game. There's hardly any set-up. Just peel the films off the faces of the five game-pieces, push the power button on each piece, and go to it! The instructions and rules are super-straightforward- if you're playing by yourself, it's not even that necessary to read the instructions. Also included is a little slip of paper telling you what to do if your gamepieces experience technical difficulties- there's a reset button on the back of each.
I love that there's no time at all to belabor gameplay with strategy. You build 3-5-letter words as quickly as you can before your time runs out. I also love that once you get the game out of its package, it stores in a cute little portable box, and the instructions fit right inside.
The only thing that gives me pause with Scrabble Flash is that it counts words that I don't even know are words, and you move too fast to double-check. This isn't a huge deal, especially if you're playing this game with others, but when it really grinds my gears is when I'm playing by myself, and I get to the end of my round, and I find out that although I created 10 words, for instance, the game says there were 23 words maximum to be created with the letter combination I was given for that round. Not a big deal, but if you're a little obsessive-compulsive and also have a big vocabulary, this might get on your nerves, too. Just be warned.
Over all, though, Scrabble Flash is great!
- Scrabble Flash Cubes essentially solves my problem of not having anyone to play Scrabble with. Scrabble Flash Cubes is largely played as a solo game, although it can be played with more than 1 player. This game offers three game playing options. Game 1 (solo game) - create as many words as you can with a set of 5 letters in a given time period. Game 2 (solo game) - create as many 5 letter words with a set of changing 5 letters in a given time period. Game 3 (multi-player game) - pass the cubes after creating a word, the person to have the cubes when the timer goes off is out (a bit of hot potato of sorts).
- Super easy to play with really no setup. Just line up the cubes, press the button, and go.
- Replaceable batteries.
- Educational: The more you play, the better you will be at coming up with Scrabble words.
- Fun: This game is highly addictive. Once you start playing you will want to try to better your score and/or create more words, which will lead to more Scrabble Flash Cubes playing.
- The only con to this game (which IMO, is what I like about it) is that this game is really suited to play solo. If you want to play Scrabble with other people you are better off just playing Scrabble.
I would definitely recommend this game to Scrabble lovers, game lovers, and really anyone for that matter.
I had hoped to play with more than the usual 4 for Scrabble, but after trying it out with a few friends, I'm thinking larger groups will get bored quick because only one person is "playing" at a time.
Two complaints: If one cube breaks, I'd bet the entire game is ruined because I doubt you can just make do and play with four. Most games if you lose a piece or two you can fudge it, but not with this. And since the cubes are electronic, one long fall or one spill and they may be ruined. Second, the directions are lacking a bit. My friend and I, two pretty tech and game savvy people, couldn't figure out exactly how to change game and continue game between turns, etc.
For the full $30 price, I'd probably stay away, but if you find it on sale, try it out!