Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

VINE VOICEon December 23, 2007
This is the kind of toy I'd wish I'd gotten a smoking deal on. It's not the worst game we have in the closet, but it wasn't worth the $25 we paid for it.

For starters, the butterflies do not fly very well once outside of the elephants trunk. The fan doesn't blow very well, so there isn't much extra help to get those butterflies going, either. The butterflies just come out of the trunk and drop. So the kids just stand there - not like on the tv commercial...

Also, depending on the age of your children, they're either going to be too good or not ready for the game. I have 4 kids plus their friends. And we've found that there isn't a lot of middle ground. Either they're great at this, or they have a lot to learn about catching butterflies... So having the good kids and the bad kids play together causes problems. Beware of this.

Anyway - if you read this review before buying, only buy this game if it's a super good deal (or your child is dying to have it) It's not worth the full price.
on March 28, 2005
People are really too hard on this toy. We've had it since Christmas, and my kids love it. Isn't that the point? I really thought this game was a gimmick when I saw it advertised, but my son really wanted it for Christmas and Grandma got it. Both my 2 and almost 4 year old giggle like mad when playing this game. All that laughter and running around are worth the few problems with this game.

I'm glad I read the reviews, because one mom mentioned the importance of spreading the butterfly wings in order for them to "fly" properly. This really does help. I have never had more than 2 butterflies get stuck in the trunk. It really isn't a big deal because in a minute the kids and I have them back in the elephant and ready to go again. It doesn't make the game any less fun. If the fan were more powerful, the butterflies would all come out at once, and it would last about two seconds. My kids have learned to anticipate the butterflies and listen for more still in the trunk. This actually builds excitement as they attempt to guess when the butterfly will come out, and exactly where it will go. The whole game really helps with hand-eye coordination.

The only reason this game didn't get 5 stars is that I also share some concerns regarding the durability of the trunk since we store it in the box and the trunk is always rolled up and creased in the same spot.
on November 29, 2017
great product
on December 30, 2016
The box it came in was old & worn..It looked like it was used and sent back.
The toy is cheaply made, the nets fall apart easily.
It does what it is supposed to do, I just would not recommend it for the price.
on February 6, 2008
My three-year-old son really wanted this for Christmas. Santa did not disappoint, even though I had doubts after reading reviews. As it turns out, we did end up trimming the trunk to allow the butterflies to escape a little faster as others suggested. (Thank you!) This game provided:
Fun- It was fun to see his excitement as the butterflies came spouting out again, and again, and...you get the idea.
Challenge- The butterflies are surprisingly hard to catch in the air.
Exercise- His jumping up and down, both to catch the butterflies, and in anticipation of their appearance, made this a rather physical game, too.

Bottom line: It's a little kids' game made fun by their love of repetition. If you can bear that, then this game is worth it. If that drives you crazy, then go with something else.
on January 22, 2018
both elefuns were used and broken. terribly disappointing since older grandchildren had these and they were great... horrible!!!!
on July 23, 2004
This game is sure to entertain everyone! It's a lot of fun and my 3 1/2 year old loves it and can't get enough of it. Someone wrote that "the pressure is poor and the butterflies come out 1 every 5 minutes" - well, that is absolutely untrue!! Maybe the batteries were about to die or she should get another one due to malfunction. The only thing I'd love to see differently as so many have pointed out is the fact that there are not many butterflies, but someone else also suggested we should make our own butterflies and add them to the game as she did. I'm still about to try it, but overall this game is great and highly recommended!
on July 9, 2013
The families I've given this to have all loved it. There is something magical and whimsical about it. At the same time, it's true the batteries run out fast and after the trunk gets crinkled somehow the butterflies tend to get stuck. But seriously, the looks on the faces of the kids with their little nets, waiting for the butterflies, it's pretty worth it.
on March 20, 2015
This is a very fun game. My 3 & 4 year old girls love it! I like how you can make it educational by having them catch only certain colored "butterflies" and having them count how many they've gotten.
on July 10, 2016
My kids are 5 and 8 and still love this game!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.