Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Price:$69.95+ $4.69 shipping

Showing 1-10 of 100 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 240 reviews
on August 16, 2001
Catch Phrase may not be a popular game, and few have heard of it, but in reality, it is extremely fun for all ages. I've played with a 9 year-old and a 40-year-old before, and no one got bored! And not only is it fun and entertaining, but it improves vocabulary skills. One of the best parts of this game is, once you've had it for a week, your kids will still be playing it. It never loses its fun. So I recomend you try this game. If you liked this game, you should also try Cranium. A game that focuses on many different talents and is fun for everyone.
on November 26, 2016
love this game, needed a new one, as we played the last one so often, we knew all the answers
on February 13, 2015
One of my favorite games, and this electronic version is much more exciting and portable! It's a hit at any group gathering I take it to!
on June 26, 2002
We first played the older, non-electronic version of this game with relatives, and we LOVED it! We liked it so much that we got one of our own, but since the older version has been discontinued, we bought the electronic one. PROS-the electronic version has 10K words, vs. the older one's cards with limited words. But there are more cons than pros. CONS:The electronic version has a scoring "bug" in it's system, that my husband (a software engineer) brought to the attn. of the company. The system adds 2 points to team 2's score, not one, if they get the point in the first round. HASBRO said they will get the bug fixed ASAP, but that doesn't fix OUR game. The buttons on the new version are also confusing when you are playing fast, since they are both exactly the same size and shape. Ergonomically, the old game is better, as you hit the edge of it to advance to the next word. The new game would have done better to keep that type of design. Still, overall it is a great, educational game for the entire family!
on June 26, 2007
This will be the best game you've ever played till about the 5th time you play it. Then you realize that you know all the answers. There should be some sort of download where you can update the questions so that the game never gets old and repetative. Good for the price and good for a present. But dont expect to play this every weekend.
on August 8, 2014
It was not as described in the product information. I was looking for a Catch Phrase game with 11 categories and was happy to find one. However when delivered in the package, it only has 7 categories so I sent it back which I already have and it's just not as much fun as the 11 category one.
on September 3, 2007
I bought this game after playing it at a friend's party and I just had to have one! Everyone who I have played this game with has become hooked as well. This unit has so many words and phrases that I haven't yet seen any repeats. Also, the fact that it is a handheld game makes it easy to play anywhere. The only drawback is the loudness of the timer. It was so annoying that we actually just put some duct tape over the speaker. You could still hear the timer and it was much more bearable. All in all, a great product! A must-have for any gathering!
on January 18, 2003
I gave this to one sister for Christmas and another sister gave it to her children for Christmas. So I played it twice in a couple of days. We love games and we loved this! It's incredibly fast-paced and so much fun. We laughed for hours while playing and then talking about what happened when we played it. My sister advises that you set up a videocamera so you can laugh at everyone's frantic cluegiving later! P.S. Get the electronic version, the paper version is too hard to read for over-40 eyes.
on January 19, 2009
I bought this game for my friends and I because we have already gone through all the words in Taboo about 10 times. I actually played the first time with my family over the holidays and they loved it. There are minimal rules and it is quick moving and fun for all.

You can choose to play specific categories (food, sports, entertainment...) or you can play them all. You split into two teams and alternate yourself around the circle. You hit the start button and try to get your team to say the word or phrase that appears on the screen without saying any form of the word(s). If your team guesses correctly you pass the game to the next player (the other team) and they hit a button that gives them the next word and they try to get their team to guess it. There is a "beeping" that indicates the timer is ticking. It gets faster with time (but yet you never know exactly when it is going to go off). You don't want your team holding the game when the timer goes off or the other team gets a point (you keep score right on the game).

I played with my friends and again we really enjoyed the game. The problem with us is that we get addicted to things and don't know when to stop, and as a result we started to repeat words by the end of the night. I mean this was several hours in a row of playing. I guess no game has enough words to keep us going, but for the average person you most likely will have no problem. This game is a lot of fun. There is always someone who is nervous about playing, but it never takes too long for people to relax and get into the fun of playing.
on March 8, 2002
My son (age 8) is really good at this game - not so much the guessing, but formulating the questions. We played with 11 year old as well who knew most of the stuff. Age should be 10 and up I think.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.