Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Paul McCartney Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 389 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 494 reviews
on September 1, 2012
I am so disappointed with this version of the game. I remember my kids liked this game - it was much better than CandyLand. I remember it was the buckets that told you the color of the 2-4 people playing and I bought this for my grandson who is now almost 2 1/2 years old. I liked the game in the past for the counting up to 4 and teaching colors. In this version everyone has a different TREE and the colors are not true colors. There's a cherry tree with light red playing pieces; an orange tree that is YELLOW; a green tree with light green apples; and worse of all, a BLUEBERRY TREE (blueberries grow on bushes) that is PURPLE. What in the world were they thinking of when they redid this game! They should be ashamed of themselves, making this for young kids with untrue colors and having a blueberry TREE. My grandson likes this game but it is not the toy that I thought I was getting. The old version was much, much better-- a fun game and learning toy. Joyce
on February 14, 2015
Item was brand new sealed package. Is supposed to have 40 "fruit" game pieces. 4 different colors. Item came with only 30 pieces. Three colors not four. The bag of pieces was sealed. This was not a repack. This was to be fun Valentines gift for our 3 year old son. Well, it was not a pretty scene when he didn't see the oranges.
Bad quality control, it's a board game with some pieces, how hard is it to check if it's all there??
review image review image
on December 11, 2013
I bought this game for my preschooler to gently initiate him into board games. I like the traditional Candy Land and Chutes 'N Ladders, but those are so highly competitive with so little control. This game also has very little control, but it's easier to make drawbacks fun: "Oh, no!! My cherries spilled!" Plus, we just sort of loop play (when your tree is empty, you refill it and begin your picking again), so that everyone gets to win. There's also a cooperative mode of play-- we just haven't found a need for it yet. I like the other board games, and we'll introduce them eventually (who hasn't played Candy Land?), but maybe that can wait until a "loss" doesn't have to be taken so hard, particularly one that doesn't involve any skill or strategy.
on November 21, 2003
I had this game as a child and loved it. It is still the same and now my 5 year old loves it! It is teaching her how to take turns and to lose graciously. It helps with her math skills too. Plus it is just plain fun to shout out HI HO Cherry O! This game and Hungry Hippos are my favorite for 4-5 year olds.
on March 14, 2017
This came with 8 blueberries and needs 10. All other colors have 11
on January 1, 2015
I was initially really excited to receive this for my daughter.. she opened it up on Christmas and half the pieces were missing. How disappointing.
on March 11, 2017
Great preschool age Christmas gift.
on March 17, 2017
Great family fun.
on July 8, 2015
There are numerous pieces that are very small - there is a warning on the box, so I did not do my due diligence. With baby siblings around I ended up throwing it in the garbage to avoid risk
VINE VOICEon December 14, 2001
Although the pictures are a little bit updated, this is basically the same game I grew up with and loved. I bought it for my niece and it took her no time at all to learn to play it. IT's easy to play and can be as educational as you make it.
I look for toys that are fairly quiet, easy to play and fun. I also look for toys that can grow with the child and if they are educational then that is a boost.
Games are a lot of fun. Children seem to love mastering them. I think they also offer good lessons in taking turns, winning with grace, and losing with grace. (all life skills we need right?)
This game can be made more educational with some parental input- three cheries minus/take away two leaves how many? two plus three cheries equals what? Let's count them together... etc.
Although my son didn't quiet grasp the concept of the numbers yet, (at age two) he enjoyed spinning the spinner and putting cheries on the tree. Thanks to my niece for her patience.
Enjoy!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.