Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on January 11, 2015
My Grand Daughters are 5 and 3 and they enjoyed it! Our 5 year old, Lily, really gets a Kick out of when she Wins and gets to yell out "HI HO CHERRY"! She's a little on the shy side so I just love when she Wins and I get to hear her Big Voice! A really Wonderful Game that my Sister and I had as kids and enjoyed playing it a lot also! It also helps the little ones learn colors, numbers, counting, subtracting, as well as Winning and losing. Win or lose they all end up having fun when some yells out,, "Hi Ho Cherry-O" everyone gets a Giggle! BTW: Fo some reason the game has been changed over the years,so Make sure you get the version where all the kids get their own basket and the trees with different colors of fruit that match. When I was looking for it... I made sure to read the game descriptions and reviews!
6 people found this helpful
on September 18, 2017
Loved this game :-) We play it with our 3 yr old granddaughter. A few tips:
-have a sandwich baggy ready to hold the fruits when the game is over. No pouch is provided for storage.
-lift the game board out of the box, and firmly tape the corners. This will make the board a lot more sturdy.
The game is easy to understand, easy to play, and granddaughter did beat us .Our G.d is very into "small" things, she enjoyed placing the fruits on the trees as much as the actual game itself.
on February 17, 2015
I'm very disappointed that this product does not have any orange pieces and only supports three players. I contacted Hasbro Games asking for the orange pieces so my family of four can play the game and this is what they told me:

"Regrettably the version with orange fruit is no longer in production and replacement parts are no longer available. Since your satisfaction is our goal, I am sending you our revised Hi Ho Cherry O game to the address you've provided. Please note, the replacement game is for up to 3 players only."

I appreciate their effort to keep me satisfied and if they replacement pieces work with our existing game, we'll just throw all the pieces together. I just wish I'd know the box was incorrectly labeled (it indicated four colors, including orange, and that the game allows for four players, which ours does without additional pieces) before I bought and opened it.

Hasbro's effort to keep me happy is the only reason I gave the game three stars instead of one. It was a hassle to have to contact Hasbro Games and sort this out, but my daughters still enjoy playing the game with me and the idea is great. Just be warned that the box is incorrectly labeled and only supports three players.
3 people found this helpful
TOP 100 REVIEWERon April 22, 2014
It's a fun little game to play with a toddler.

The concept is simple enough for my 3 year old to easily master. There is a spinner with about 6 or 7 possible outcomes, all shown with pictures.

The object is to remove all the fruit from your tree first. The spinner tells you if you can take 1, 2, 3, or 4 fruits off, and has other options like lose a turn and having to put all your fruit back on the tree. Simple stuff.

There is zero strategy. It's all luck of the spinner.

It's not so nightmarishly simple so that it's painful for adults to play with kids. But it won't entral you like Monoply will either. (Also your kids will win this more than Monopoloy. So if you hate losing to you kids...well....)

What games like this are great for is teaching small children how to follow rules. This is a very rule based game with no strategy. So it's all about following the rules. This is a great way to teach kids how to do this, which is a valuable lesson for obvious reasons.
5 people found this helpful
on October 26, 2014
Good game, very similar to what I remember from my childhood, with the primary difference being that there are now four different fruit (blue berries, cherries, green apples, and oranges) rather than just all cherries, which can be somewhat of a pain since now you have to sort out the fruit when setting up. Not a big deal though.

The game came in quite the unassembled state, which while not a huge deal, I was a bit disappointed by the fact that even the game board required me to fold all four sides down and tape them (no tape was provided) to set the game board in its elevated state. I ended up actually using a hot glue gun rather than tape. I also used the hot glue gun to adhere the spinner base to the bottom of the spinner card, ensuring the spinner would operate more reliably.

I would like to have seen the game come with at least the board properly built, and I would also have liked to see the game built such that the spinner mounts in the middle of the main game board, rather than being its own separate entity that must be passed around. If memory serves, that was how the original game I played in my youth was designed.

Otherwise, the directions were clearly written, there was a new game play version focusing on cooperative play that employs the use of an included puzzle to provide the "competition", which may eventually be an enjoyable alternative version (we haven't played that version yet), and the graphics were decent and not overbearing like so many other of the modern remakes of classic kids' board games.

The final say on the game: my 3 year old daughter loves it.
on October 22, 2017
My kids' favorite game. It comes with extra cherries just in case. It's taught my 2 year old to count...yet my 8 year old enjoys playing it...not too baby-ish. Makes for fun on a rainy day or for family game night. Easy for kids to play & learn.
on January 20, 2015
Looking for a non "Memory" style game. I have a 2.5 year old and a 3.5 year old. This is the one game that we can play as a family! It took playing it a few times for the kids to understand the rules and why we play by them but they very much enjoy it. It does have VERY tiny pieces which helps for their fine motor skills but can also be a little chaotic so supervised only and careful of small children putting pieces in their mouths. They learn to count and subtract, take turns etc.
on June 8, 2017
When I ordered I was a little apprehensive, since some of the reviews complained about missing pieces. Mine came in perfect condition, with all pieces intact.
My 4.5yr old loves it. My parents are visiting us now, they enjoy playing this game with their grandson. Overall very happy with the purchase.
One person found this helpful
on June 7, 2017
Arrived quickly, game just as described. It is great preschool game that you can work on counting, same/different, and turn taking,
on May 25, 2017
My 2 year old daughter LOVES this game. She asks to play it all the time. The spinner is easy to use and is good quality. fun fun fun.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.