Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 18 reviews
on October 15, 2007
Anyone who loves regular Scrabble will enjoy playing this cute little game in its well-designed, tidy, round carrying case. Perfect for a fast lunchtime game, but it will never replace Mama Scrabble. The game includes a board which unfolds into a cute cardboard miniature, a high quality fuzzy little bag for the letter cubes, concise directions, a 1-minute optional timer, a notepad & pencil. There's no "Q", but rather "Qu" which is probably a good idea, but there ARE some great Q-words that don't use a "u" such as Qi, Qat, etc. so just make a rule "qu" can be substituted with just "Q". The unfolding game board will wear out over time... it'd be a good idea to laminate it, but I wish Hasbro had done it. There's a bit of a problem getting the board to lay flat. Only two plays are ever on the board at one time... once player #2 makes his word and records his score, player #1's word is removed for the next person's play. This makes for some interesting opportunities and creates quite a different strategy than real Scrabble. There are four triple word squares and so far, while I've played, no one has ever reached one of them. When playing you must look directly over the board because the cubes are high, and at an angle you can't see the color squares. Rolling the dice can be a bit noisy. Over-all I rate this a 5-star because I enjoyed it and adore Scrabble. Sometimes it'll be fun to play this quick (IF you use the one minute "hour-glass") version. Great for people who can't stand the length of time it takes to play regular Scrabble. I think I'll try the Monopoloy Express game too.
on October 26, 2014
This is a great travel game or for if you have limited time and don't want to be bothered with the full game. This will always be in our travel bags.
on September 28, 2012
Because I love scrabble so much I purchased this compact little one to take on an extended trip. It proved to be unchallenging, and not really what I expected.
I knew this was not electronic so my expectations were not that high. Nevertheless, I thought it would hold my interest....and it didn't produce!!!
Will regift it!
on January 20, 2013
When I played the game with my adult son a few months ago, I really enjoyed the game. I bought it for a gift for my sister and brother-in-law. They didn't think it was a very fun game. I guess games are like books and movies. Everyone has their own preferences.
on December 12, 2012
I love Scrabble and I really like this mini version too. It's great to play a quick game of scrabble and comes with a time too. Pencil, paper, and neat bags also come inside the game to keep the pieces organized. The round container is small enough to pack on road trips and nice to quick when you are on the go.
on January 4, 2012
I thought this was a hand-held game; it's a great idea to have a shorter length Scrabble game but it is not very easy to play this game and it still took a long time. I wouldn't recommend this game at all, but thanks for trying !
on December 29, 2008
I bought one each for my college age son and daughter. We played it as a family on Christmas Day and thought it was great fun. It is quicker and not as intimidating to non-scrabble players as the original. The carrying case makes it easy to tote around too. I looked for it last Christmas in stores but couldn't find it. Amazon has it at a great price. Highly recommend.
on January 9, 2013
A good quick alternative. Not the same game but fun when you don't have an hour or more for the full version.
on September 26, 2014
Good game, fun to play!
on February 16, 2008
Scrabble Express
I bought this game as a gift for my niece who is a sophmore in college and she loves it! The game is limited to 20 minutes (there is a timer), so it's just the right amount of time to play between classes or for a study break. Plus it's educational... or at least somewhat challanging to the mind. It's a very clever product that should be a winner for the Hasbro company.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.