Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 492 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 646 reviews
on September 30, 2012
I bought a purple one of these for my 7 yr. old daughter and a black one for my 9 yr. old son. They both loved them. But that is where the good part ends. After only 3 days, my daughter's stopped working. I thought "wow this thing really eats batteries." So I changed the batteries, Furby still dead. Tried some new batteries, these ones tested in other electronics to make sure they worked. Still no go. The Furby just inexplicably stopped working. So, I returned it and got her a white one. While we were waiting for her new Furby to arrive, my son's stopped working too! Same thing, change batteries, check batteries, change again, still no go. This time we tried 4 sets of fresh batteries, just to make sure it wasn't the batteries. I thought surely we can't have 2 defective Furbies?! Now my daughter has a working (for now) white Furby, and I have to return my son's black one. If either one breaks again, I'm giving up on Furby (sorry kids). Oh and in case you're wondering if my kids are really rough on toys, no they were both very gentle with them, even putting them back in their boxes "to sleep" at night. This toy is unacceptably cheap and break prone. Avoid this thing, at least until they fix this problem in a new revision or something.

***Update***
After searching the internet, I found the fix for this issue. You just have to push the "refresh" button in the battery compartment for 2 seconds. There's a picture in the instruction manual that shows where the button is (it's kind of hidden). Don't worry, this doesn't reset the personality, it stays the same. I'm changing my star rating from 1* to 3* because I still don't like that I'm going to have to remove the battery cover (2 screws that are a pain to get to) and push a button every several days.
3838 comments| 401 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon December 19, 2012
Color: Teal|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )|Verified Purchase
Furby is a mixed bag. I have a few of them and they all seem to bounce around the same 3 or so personalities. I thought I would see a wider range of personalities compared to what I have seen. I thought maybe it was the way I was treating it but I took one to work and left it on my desk. Everyone played with Furby, there is no denying the initial appeal it has. They really nailed it with the eyes. People at the office were all kinds of things to it from nice to mean and it still seemed to want to be the tough guy or the valley girl.

It is really sensitive to touch and I found how it reacted to touch on its fur to be impressive, there are no noticeable panels or clicks you have to do (other than pulling the tail, I hear a switch there) to get it react when you pet and rub it. I noticed that people trying to use the phone app have a lot of problems because Furby will start talking when they are trying to send something and it will fail so they try again and Furby will inevitably start talking again and cause it to fail again.

My 6 year old boy doesn't seem interested in Furby at all. He'd rather play with Lego blocks, army guys, or video games. My coworkers got bored with it because it seems to keep bouncing between the two personalities so they quit messing with it. I just can't really say that I would tell someone they needed to get a Furby because it seems like it has a high initial appeal but quickly looses it and it will probably end up being left alone.
VINE VOICEon September 25, 2012
I had pre-ordered this for my 10-year old daughter. We received it last week, she absolutely loved it, she would play with it after she woke up in the morning and after she came back school, and I thought it was fun to play with too. I even downloaded the app on my iphone and her ipod, it worked very well. But over the weekend, it just stopped working for no reason at all, 1st we thought it was the battery problem, but changing the batteries still would not wake her up. I am returning it and buying another one to try, hopefully the new one will last a lot longer than a week.

Update: The second one I bought went dead again after a few days. Fortunately this time around I decided to read some reviews first before returning, one of the reviewers pointed out that there was a refresh button inside the battery compartment, all you have to do is to use a sharp object to hold down the button for two seconds, then Furby will come alive again. If you don't know where the refresh button is, take a look at the instruction sheet.
77 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2012
While I never got into or owned one of the original Furbys, after seeing these on YouTube I just had to get one.

These Furbys are so much more advanced. Just the new LCD eyes alone ensure that. They can express themselves in so many more ways. And you don't have the issue that I've heard from alot of other original Furby owners of the "blank stare" from the static eyes the old ones had.

And speaking of being emotive: these new Furbys have much more movement to them and variation in movement. Forget just the back and forth and moving their ears and eyes. These new ones can dance side to side, squish their tummy in (sorry, hard to explain. Think Pilsbury doughboy when you tickle his belly) in addition to closing their eyes and wiggling their ears.

As far as interacting, they definitely seem to react differently depending on the person that interacts with it most. And how you treat it. It seems to have a different personality depending on whether the main owner is male or female. The voice is different too.

As far as how you treat it: if you hug it alot, pet it alot, feed it moderately and don't pull it's tail or flip it upside alot, it develops a very loving personality. If you do all those things alot, expect a very grumpy Furby. Also, a friend found out that if you tickle it alot it changes into a "baby" personality.

I've only had mine for about a month or so and so have only had it change personalities a couple times. If you play it music alot it does develop "favorites". In other words, if you play it the same song alot it develops a "liking" to that song and will sing and dance to it. After a while when you start playing it different songs, it "likes" some and doesn't "like" others. You can tell this because it either sings along and dances or says "Bleh, bad song" or a negative Furbish phrase.

If you liked the old Furbys, you will absolutely fall in love with the new ones. If you're like me and thought the old ones were just too simplistic, but were still intrigued by them, check out the new ones. And don't let anyone tell you that they are for a particular age group. I'm 36 and love it and have many adult friends that got their own after seeing the one they got their kids :)
on February 2, 2017
I had never owned a Furby before, so I thought I would get one, and see what it learned. As it turns out, the claim that you shape your Furby's personality turned out to be false. Your Furby's personality changes randomly at pre-determined times, to pre-programmed settings. It gives very limited responses to every sound as if you're speaking to it, and has no voice recognition. It doesn't matter what you say to it, it will respond the same. Seeing it dance to music is kinda cute, but that's it. This toy has so much potential for responding to your voice, music, touch, motion detection and so forth, but all that potential is wasted with such mindbogglingly simple programming.
on December 25, 2012
I bought two of these for my kids for Christmas (from Santa, which they opened today) and they are hilarious. Much better than the ones we had way back when. They mimic you and I kept hearing them parrot my laughter back! And they're really fun if you have two because they talk to each other and one will sing while the other dances to it. The kids were enthralled. Furbys also have an app and the kids got iPads from Santa as well so they had lots of fun pairing the two.

A great gift. *Only* downside is I wish they had an off switch. But when you need them to shut up, you can just put them in a dark closet, which I did during Christmas dinner.
on August 20, 2017
Furby's can only be used with a certain brand of batteries. It is very strange. I think it is Duracell. No other battery will work even Energizer. I thought ours was broken until I researched it.
on November 21, 2014
We bought this Furby for my almost four year old son for Christmas this year. I had one when I was a kid, and couldn't wait to get my hands on it; needless to say he received an early gift. I know some reviewers have stated that their children didn't respond well to the personality changes...my son can't seem to care less and loves it no matter what 'mood' it happens to me in. I think it all depends on the child. As for the no off switch, his Furby seems to be more sleepy than most lol, it has gone to sleep easily and even when he didn't want it to so I am okay with it! All in all, I think this is a great toy and a great remake of the '98 classic I had as a kid.
on October 30, 2013
Be nice to he/she, and it will be nice back. I love the hearts that grow in its eyes, and the song and dance routine it does when it's having a really good time. It's never snarly or growly, but I can see where too much tail tugging or ear-budging might make it mad. Little grandson (2 year old) loves it. Big 4-year-old sister isn't so sure, but Grandma loves it ... and, that's what counts!
on November 4, 2015
Got this my girlfriend, she said he's always mean, he must get it from her (:

She loves it

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.