Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Guess Who Game
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on December 7, 2013
This is not my childhood Guess Who game. It's very cheaply made - from the first time we tried playing it, the doors kept falling off. It's disposable junk that won't last long. What happened to the decently made versions of games from earlier generations?
33 comments| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2013
This is terrible! I LOVED Guess Who as a kid with all the different people. Looked for it for my 5 year old and all i could find was this! I thought it looked dumb but I bought it anyway....pictures are stupid, some of the vehicles are hard to tell what they even are! why does everything need to have eyes??
on December 4, 2013
This is made very cheaply. The plastic feels like it will break any minute and my 6 year old can't put the cardboard pictures in the casing himself. I would not buy it again.
on July 9, 2014
New design is flimsy. Ours only lasted about a month before parts started to fall off
on January 7, 2015
I was very disappointed in this game. I love the original version as a child. This one is a lot different. First of all, it's much more cheaply made. Secondly you can't lay it flat on the table so your child has to remember to hold it up the whole time. This can be a challenge for young children. They should've left well enough alone.
on September 16, 2014
This game is great but the cards don't have the traditional 'Guess Who' people characters but instead have cartoon animals and fish, food and cars/trains/planes. Wish it would have come with the traditional card of people who you can describe.
on January 23, 2015
Oh my! This game was purchased for my 4 year old grandson, since I remember how much his mother used to love it when she was his age. The very poor quality of this game makes if very difficult for a 4 year old to manipulate. I was so disappointed when to see how poorly this great game is being made these days.
on June 10, 2014
The original version of Guess Who? was a wonderful way for kids to learn all about deductive thinking in a fun way. This new version is the pits! The classic version had subtle differences between the characters that really required thinking (in a fun way). The new version is just a big guessing game that is boring and teaches kids nothing. Guess who will not be purchasing this game?
on January 23, 2015
I remember this game from when I was a kid. We ALWAYS had a blast playing it. So when we found this version I was super excited to share this with my 6 year old!

First off, the boards themselves are junk. While it is easy to re put on doors, it gets cumbersome when they keep falling off during the game. Half of the cards didn't properly fit in the slots either. Making a very a frustrated parent and kid. The ticker to indicate who you are usually doesn't stay in place. So where you may have started out as the pizza, you end up being the doughnut. Stupid, right?

For the actually game play - There is absolutely NO variety! My six year old can usually figure it out after just two or three questions! This game is WAY too easy. Even though there are different card categories (food, vehicles, pets, etc), they all are super simple and lack a real variety! I was very disappointed that I wasted my money on this. My child grew bored with this game within a week. I'm now on the hunt for the original game. Just like I had to do with operation.

What happened to challenging kids! Expecting them to use their minds and actually work to win! Oh wait I forgot this new generation is a "everyone's a winner" group. I'm sorry but a bit of competition with a winner and loser is great thing! This game just really irks me.

If you want a great family game go check out Disney's Eye Found It or How to Train Your Dragon's Sheep Launcher. THose are challenging and fun.
on July 17, 2016
I was hesitant to nuy this based on the negative reviews about the quality of the game. I'm glad I purchased it anyway. I am not familiar with the "classic" version of this game, so I'm reviewing based on the product I purchased and nothing else. My kids and I enjoy the game, they are 6 and 3. And while the 3 year old needs help to understand and play the game it's easy for both of them to play with a little assistance. As for the quality of the game pieces- There are 2 game boards (it's just a 2 player game) and four cards, up to 4 options to choose. The card slips to the back of the game boards which is plastic. There are several plastic doors that "lock" into position so they don't close unintentionally while playing.This mechanism works well for now but I can predict that overtime this will become loose, but for now I'm sure we will get a long time of playing before this happens, so I'm not worried about it. There is an arrow thing that attaches to each game board the have each player choose the item their opponent must guess. For this to work without opponents seeing each other's choices, each player must keep his board out of view of the opponent . We have fun with the game. I like that it is quick and you can play as many rounds as you like. This will come in handy during the Summer vacation to keep the kids occupied.