Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 148 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 181 reviews
on March 13, 2017
Fun game
on March 1, 2014
I mean, very young kids enjoy just throwing the beans around, but they're not into the game. Kids older than 4 immediately recognize this as a not-fun game. Really, no one likes it. I babysit many kids, and no one is a fan. Though one of my 3 year olds did enjoy just like tossing the beans on top for a while and making it fall for about 10 minutes.
on March 25, 2010
This is definitely not the same game I remember playing as a kid. This version is cheaply made junk. The bean pot is made of two thin plastic halves that snap together. It's supported by "hands" that are even flimsier and make the pot tilt in one direction before you even put any beans on it. Even if you try to load up the opposite side of the pot to balance it, it stays tilted and the beans all end up sliding down to that side and off the pot. My 4-year-old daughter and I tried playing it several times until we both got frustrated with it. Now it just sits boxed up in a corner of her playroom, because whenever I ask my daughter if she wants to play it she says "No, it's no fun".
on December 7, 2014
The thing is so unbalanced and light that it regularly tips on its own without the help of any player. It really is not worth the plastic that
you have to put the stickers on. Nothing like the original.
on September 5, 2015
Why did I assume this game was harder than it looked on the box? I mean I bought the box because it was so slim and figured any game in that tiny box cannot be too intricate. I was right, very easy and actually much more fun to play than I originally pegged it for.

After my 5 yr old begged me to help him play it we set out to start putting it together.

Contents:
A base
Two hand like side stands
Two halves of a whole cauldron
A bag of plastic beige beans
A paper that has sticks that you use to decorate the toy itself (such as the eyes, mouths, names, hands etc..)

Once you have everything set up you sinly divide up the beans evenly and take urns placing one bean on top of the cauldron til it tips over. Whomever uses their beans first wins!! You have no idea how many times this can entertain a 5 yr old. After game three I was over it but my son was not having it. The tipping over of the cauldron delighted him to no end.

After game 82 ( since it only takes about a minute or two to win a game or so) we finally called it quits. One thing I really loved is the fact that the cauldron can now house all those loose beans in one secure place til next time. The top lid turns and stays securely. I even fliped it upside down and dance around with it to see how secure it was. Didn't even flinch so I was happy.

This is definetly a game that has the chance to be very entertaining and every young child will love making the cauldron tip over. My child could care less most times the cauldron tipped on his side.

Do I recommend? Yes, not only entertaining but good for teaching how to count and split.
on August 7, 2016
It's really a bummer how toys have gone downhill. I had this game when I was little and loved it. Guess why?? It actually worked. Real beans, a somewhat heavier pot and nothing was flimsy and cheap like they are now. This wont stay up, the beans are hollow plastic and really just is worthless.
on April 25, 2016
Pieces in this game are certainly not made like they used to be. The pot isn't sturdy and it doesn't take long before it tips. I know that's the object of the game but it is very off balance. More frustrating than fun. The kid likes to watch it spill so I give it a B for entertainment of the little one.
on January 17, 2016
We LOVE this game!! My 2 and 5 year old play it with me. My 2 year old could play it for a good 20 minutes before he's over it. My 5 year old gets the concept so usually wins and moves on to more interactive toys. But this is a must for game nights with little ones! They scream and laugh so hard when it tips!!
on December 10, 2015
I bought this as a gift for my daughter's upcoming birthday. She asked for bored games this year and since she will only be turning 6, I wanted to find games that are not too complicated and are fun. I had this game when I was a child and I loved it, so I am sure that she will too.
on October 13, 2015
Looking at a great nostalgic game from the past the still fascinates my 5 yr old grandson who is as many children jaded by the plethora of electronic video games. BUT once he started playing this game he he was hooked,he plays for hours and enjoys the fact that he is playing with something tangible and real.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.