Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Assassins Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 320 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 404 reviews
on April 22, 2014
During college, one of my friends pulled out this mysterious deck of cards labelled "Monopoly Deal". My prior experiences with Monopoly had often ended with an ugly conclusion - with people frustrated with rolls, angry at being charged rent, and most of all bored of the excruciatingly long duration of a round of Monopoly. Well, this card game doesn't fix the first two problems, but it definitely fixes the last!

Monopoly Deal is a fast-paced card game (unless the player takes forever to plan their turns). It's competitive, entertaining, and sure to bring about some light banter and lots of "suggestive reasoning". When I travel, I always carry this deck (or the newer version - Monopoly Deal Millionaire) for some hang out time with friends.
on October 7, 2013
Monopoly Deal: 2-5 Players, Ages 8+, Average Play Time = 15-45 Minutes

It's fast, I'll give it that. My eleven year old son and I played a game and it was over before I knew what hit me. Setting up the game was easy and figuring out the rules took me less time than it normally takes for me to set up a game of Agricola...always a plus. The cards are both easy to read and easy on the eyes, making it possible to recognize what they do at a glance after playing the game a few times.

I liked the idea of a bank pile being your "defense" against your opponent taking your property cards when charging rent. The problem that I ran into was that I didn't feel there were enough rent cards in the game to thoroughly deplete a person's bank pile. My son and I had a sizable stash saved up about five minutes into the game and it simply became a rush to see who drew the property cards they needed to win. The rent cards we played on each other barely dented our bank piles. I have been playing around with ideas in my head to balance this: one being to remove some of the money cards from the game or to buy a second game and put all of the rent cards from the second game into the first game. I have yet to test out these ideas, if I find something that works then I'll leave a comment below.

There is a little bit of luck involved with drawing the right cards you need, but since this game doesn't take long to play, I can overlook it. Some games, the cards will be your best friend and other games, they'll pull you into a bathroom stall and give you nonstop swirlies until you're gasping for air. The sooner players accept that they won't always win because of this mechanic, the less frustrated that they'll be while playing.

Both Vinnie Jr and I liked playing this game and I believe it'll be well received when I introduce it to the rest of the family. Monopoly Deal succeeds at being exactly what is sets out to be: a light, fun card game. This would make an excellent addition to family game night as well as serve as a good filler in between longer games.
on May 31, 2016
This game is great fun for up to 5 players, particularly adults. It still has the flavour of Monopoly but in a quick enjoyable format. There are often disputes over whether a particular play is allowed or over rule interpretation. Some of these matters are not covered in the enclosed set of rules, but there are sites on the internet devoted to Monopoly deal which provide clarification. It is a great game to play over morning tea or lunch. The only drawback with the set I received is that the picture on the net was of the UK edition with property names such as "Marlborough", "Old Kent Road)" and "Mayfair". These are the names I am familiar with and was expecting, but the pack sent was the USA version with the American property names.
on June 16, 2017
The cards I received are not open and look new but the monopoly deal box looked used and had tape holding a few rips together and it looked beat up and used for a good amount of years. This is a birthday present for my dad -_- . I was expecting a brand new product as advertised.
review image review image review image review image
on August 16, 2011
One of my best friends introduced my wife and I to this game. I was a little skeptical of it at first since it seemed like a dumbed down monopoly game. I was quite wrong! It turned out that it was simple to play and fun as well! We played for hours! As soon as we got home, I ordered a deck from Amazon so my wife and I could play whenever we wanted.

Couple of things I found as I've played my many games:

1. Three people is probably the optimal amount of people to play with. Four players as well as two players is okay too. Once you get to five players or more, the game is a lot harder to play. Since you are trying to collect sets, if there are more people to spread out the cards, the harder it is to collect, and the longer the game drags on. Sometimes you have to reshuffle the discard pile multiple times in order to have one person finally get the sets she/he needs to win.

2. The game is a little anticlimactic. It's one of those games that you play and play and play and then all of a sudden you look down and you have won (or someone else has one). I don't really care that it's anticlimactic because the game play is fun, but some people might.

Overall, we love this game and it has now become one of the staples of game night.
on July 3, 2014
This is not your mother's monopoly! This one is faster paced, much more fun, travel ready, and a full game can be completed in about 15 minutes. We've had this game for a while and everyone we introduced it to has gotten hooked. We finally had to order a second set so we could combine the two for larger groups. One deck works well for up to 4 players, but with more than 4 we prefer a double deck. The entire monopoly game is a deck of cards - properties, money, and fun action cards that allow you to charge rent, steal properties, and other activities to help you frustrate and beat your opponents. It's so compact, we've played it everywhere, airports, hospitals - even at home. This version of monopoly has become the favorite game for our family.
on January 24, 2012
We play the game a different way than the instructions state and doubled the fun! Instead of playing till someone wins by getting 3 sets of properties, we play till the stack of 'draw cards' runs out. Then everything is added up just like in regular monopoly.... money + property = grand total. The person with the most grand total is the winner. I don't understand why this isn't the actual way to play/win the game. The instructions, as stated in the game, for winning was kind of strange. When played that way, we all felt "short changed"... even the person who won felt they really didn't "win". Try playing this other way i discribed. It's more like the original monopoly and more realistic as to who the winner of the game really is.

My 19 yr old loves this game as well as my 8 yr old. This is a great family game. My kids ask to play it every evening. When played according to the way I described, the game lasts about 30-40 minutes, at least twice as long as if played according to the instructions. The extra time is worth it though.... very fun.
on May 12, 2017
We got all of our friends addicted to this game!
Easy to learn, a lot of fun, fast (unlike the monopoly board game) and easy to pack. A fun game to have around while traveling , going on a vacation, waiting at the airport, etc. totally recommend it!!
on August 20, 2011
I couldn't believe that I would be playing any cards game again until I tried this one. We used to play Monopoly as kids, but in our fast-paced world, Monopoly has become really slow and boring (taking hours to finish), not challenging enough as the dice take control over your "destiny"! This game on the other hand is more challenging, requires a little bit of strategy, and doesn't take that long to finish (30-60 minutes). It's fun for the whole family; even my 6-year-old daughter and 5-year-old niece got the idea and eagerly wait for the chance to play (even though the pack says it's for ages 8+)!

My only note, if you are a concerned parent, that this game, as Monopoly always was, encourages a liberal capitalistic way of thinking; encouraging the player to "steal" properties, "force" a deal on other, "amass" wealth with no social responsibility, "free lunches", etc. Which not might be the best thing to teach your kids! Just to be fair though, I could say safely that my daughter's basic math skills have improved because of this game! She also got a hint on how to be a winner in a "doggy dog world"!
on November 15, 2014
My family is HOOKED on this game. I don't even LIKE Monopoly. The lonnnnng games as a child; I resisted learning this at a family reunion. However, once I played, I loved. My husband and I play almost every day. And not just once. It's always a competition. Best 2 out of 3 or 3 out of 5. Each game goes quickly so it isn't like the lonnnnnng games as a child.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.