Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $9.25 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $15.09 shipping
Hasegawa 1/48 F-22 Raptor USAF
|Price:||$62.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Plastic model kit, glue required
- Precision **ASSEMBLY-REQUIRED PLASTIC MODEL KIT** with parts mounted on sprue trees
- Assembly & painting required. Requires glue, paint, & modeling tools (not included)
- For ages 10 and older; To avoid choking or injury, keep all model kit parts away from small children
- This plastic model kit requires plastic cement and paint for assembly, and they are sold separately. The photo-etched/metal parts require super glue and paint for assembly, and they are sold separately.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
From the Manufacturer
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
This is clearly the finest F22, and probably any aircraft type model produced in the last few years.
It is completely correct to production F22's in every way and completely superior to the Academy product, has amazing body detail, has a very high level of structural detail, and when completely assembled is very solid and professional in look and feel...
When assembled by a very capable hobbyist, it is capable of being a superior museum piece...
a few notes:
- serious models of this type require a great deal of skill time and patience to get a superior result
- this product is not for impatient children or adults... it does not snap together, include paint and cement, come prepainted, get going with a 60 IQ, or even remotely look correct without painting the entire model
- it's a major undertaking to assemble correctly and will consume at least 20 hours of time and numerous days of multiple coat priming , painting etc. for it to look right
- to do this correctly, it will probably cost another $30 in various paints, finishes, detail etchings etc.
- its best to search the internet for modeling forums to find a technique to get the paint / coloring correct on this... painting it to get that F-22 sheen is really hard, so don't rush and find someone who has done it, I've seen some amazing builds on some of the forums that are out there... there is a guy Keeperofsouls2099 who did an unbelievable job on one : google "AeroScale :: F-22 Raptor by Justin McCracken" and you'll see
there is also a FANTASTIC walk through of the assembly at "[...Read more ›
I built this "box stock", but still, this is super detailed model - even though it did not include any photo etched parts
1) Each landing gear bay consists of 20+ parts - gear, doors, struts, interior parts, etc.
2) Each missile fin gets a "NO LIFT" decal.
3) Fit and finish are SUPERB, very little putty needed.
4) Took 3 weeks to complete. In comparison, Revell F-15 only took me 1 week to complete.
5) I did the wash in the landing and missile bays, but didn't add weathering, yet. I just wanted to be done for now.
6) But I wish they would have made the 20mm cannon doors to be open or closed.
For the edges - Light Ghost Gray FS36375 (enamel) - added no sheen.
- Let it dry THOROUGHLY for a couple of days, masked the edges using low tack masking tape.
- If you want the edge color to match some of the decals - i.e. between the engines, mix Light Ghost Gray with Radome Tan and flat white - I had to do this because part of the decal between the engines came off a bit and had to fix it. It's really hard to tell the difference between the fix and decal.
Sheeny light gray - 5 parts Light Ghost Gray FS36375 (enamel) + 1 part 5-N Navy Blue USN (SG) (enamel)
Sheeny dark gray - 1 part Light Ghost Gray FS36375 (enamel) + 3 part 5-N Navy Blue USN (SG) (enamel)
- I printed the PDF of the paint instructions on to card stock. Increasing the print size until it matched the model, then cut out the darker gray areas and used it as a template so I can achieve the soft edges.
To add the "sheen" - 5 parts Testors Airbrush Paint, Clear Gloss (Acrylic) + 1 part Parma Faspearl Silver (acrylic) + 3 parts thinner. Airbrushed 3 thin coats.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is by far the most detailed model I have ever worked on. Fit and finish is exceptional. While I am still in the early stages of putting this model together I cannot wait to... Read morePublished 15 months ago by Cullen Wallace
The plane's outline seems to be accurate with drawings.The raised panel lines seem exaggerated so need to sand and rescribe. Overall the best out there.Published 16 months ago by David Schwartz
The model has incredible detail and its is one of the larger models I own. Would buy again but would dish out of the faster shipping next time. Worth the price and shipping.Published 17 months ago by Christian Chavez
Haven't finished it yet, but the product is very detailed. Instructions are easy to follow. Can't wait till it's finished!Published 21 months ago by Andrew