Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Hassan Osman
Hassan Osman is the Amazon Bestselling author of "Influencing Virtual Teams" and "Don't Reply All."
His latest book, "Effective Delegation of Authority," is a short book for new managers about how to delegate work in easy steps.
Hassan is also the author of "Write Your Book on the Side," an Amazon Best Seller about how to write and publish a book while working a full-time job.
He is currently a PMO director at Cisco Systems*, where he leads global teams on delivering complex IT projects.
Prior to Cisco, Hassan was a manager at Ernst & Young LLP (now EY), where he analyzed failing projects at Fortune 500 companies and recommended solutions to fix them.
He was also a research assistant at Harvard University, where he studied issues related to virtual teams.
Hassan is a certified PMP, CSM and ITIL, and regularly blogs about managing remote teams on www.thecouchmanager.com.
He also runs a podcast about writing and publishing books while working a full-time job at www.writerontheside.com/podcast/
*Views are his own
Customers Also Bought Items By
***#1 Amazon Best Seller in the Nonfiction, Authorship, and Business Writing categories!***
Don't have the time to write a book? Struggling with what to write about or where to start?
Write Your Book on the Side will show you how to write your first nonfiction kindle book while you're working a full-time job, even if you've never written a book before.
You'll learn how to come up with a winning topic, how to choose the right title, and how to publish your book in 10 easy steps.
DOWNLOAD:: Write Your Book on the Side - How to Write and Publish Your First Nonfiction Kindle Book While Working a Full-Time Job
- How much money you can make from a kindle book
- The only thing that matters in the entire book-writing process
- How to launch your book to Amazon #1 Best Seller status
- How to pick a topic that people actually want to read
- How to define your audience and outcome to narrow down your book's topic
- How to write your book quickly using 13 time-saving strategies
- How to design a cover for your book
- How to publish it on Amazon KDP in 20 minutes
And much, much more...
Here's are the steps that are covered in the book:
- Step 1: Choose a General Topic
- Step 2: Narrow It Down
- Step 3: Choose a Title and Subtitle
- Step 4: Test and Iterate
- Step 5: Outline Your Book
- Step 6: Write Your Book
- Step 7: Edit Your Book
- Step 8: Format Your Book
- Step 9: Design a Cover
- Step 10: Publish Your Book
- Step 11 [Optional]: Launch Your Book
- Step 12 [Optional]: Turn Your Book into an Amazon #1 Best Seller
- Step 13 [Optional]: Gather Emails from Readers
- Step 14 [Optional]: Expand Into Other Formats
Would you like to learn more?
Download the book now and start writing your book today.
#1 Amazon Best Seller in the Outsourcing and Office Management categories!
“This book includes many immediately actionable ideas for managing a distributed team.”
- Tom Moor, Co-founder of Buffer
Learn the psychological secrets of persuasion that influence your remote employees to do what you need them to do.
Stop chasing down your employees to make sure that their work is being done.
In "Influencing Virtual Teams" you'll get step-by-step tactics that you can implement straightaway with your team to improve your team's engagement and commitment to doing their work.
- How a single word can increase compliance by 33%.
- How to make someone reply back to your emails (using only the subject line).
- How to set deadlines so that they're met by your team.
- What you need to do before, during and after every meeting to increase adoption rates.
- How to ensure 100% commitment from a team member in six easy steps.
- Using just four questions, how to know what your remote employees are really thinking.
- How to leave the perfect voice message.
- The secret formula for establishing trust with your team.
And many more strategies that help you manage your team through leadership influence tactics.
Here's what's covered in the book:
Tactic #1: One Word That Influences Your Virtual Team
Tactic #2: Set Deadlines
Tactic #3: Assign Responsibility
Tactic #4: Explain Tasks
Tactic #5: When Delegating Tasks, Write Them Out
Tactic #6: The Secret Formula for Establishing Trust
Tactic #7: Increase Reliability Among Your Team
Tactic #8: Increase the Level of Likeability
Tactic #9: Six Steps to Ensure 100% Commitment
Tactic #10: Know What Someone Is Really Thinking
Tactic #11: Leave the Perfect Voice Message
Tactic #12: Write Assertive Emails
Tactic #13: What You Should Do Before Every Meeting
Tactic #14: What You Should Do During Every Meeting
Tactic #15: What You Should Do After Every Meeting
Tactic #16: Use Your Voice to Your Advantage
Tactic #17: Make Your Emails Stand Out Using The Subject Line
As a free bonus for purchasing this book, you'll get two downloadable meeting templates (a meeting agenda template and a meeting minutes template) that you can use for your own team.
#1 Amazon Bestseller in the Email, Business Etiquette & Office Automation categories
"I wish everyone who emails me would read this book."
- Kate Lister, President of Global Workplace Analytics
Are you frustrated with the amount of time you spend on business email every day?
Don't Reply All will show you how to use email more efficiently.
Most employees spend over 11 hours a week reading and replying to emails.
In this book, you'll learn how to spend less time and make your messages more effective. You'll get research-based guidelines for improving the way you communicate with your team members.
You’ll also learn how to write professional emails that are read and responded to more frequently.
DOWNLOAD : Don’t Reply All: 18 Email Tactics That Help You Write Better Emails and Improve Communication with Your Team
Here is a partial list of what's covered:
- How to use the "3Ws" to clearly assign tasks in emails and get things done.
- Four recommendations to help you create powerful subject lines to ensure that your emails are read.
- How to use "If...then..." statements in your messages to improve clarity, increase accountability, and reduce the amount of follow-ups.
- Tips to show you how to format your email so readers will easily be able to see the most important parts of your message.
- How to list questions and present options instead of asking open-ended queries to reduce back & forth emails.
- How to improve your email open-rate by using the "Delay Delivery" feature to schedule your emails in advance.
Here's what's included in the book:
Tactic #1: Assign Tasks in an Email Using the "3Ws"
Tactic #2: Write the Perfect Subject Line
Tactic #3: TL;DR - Write Emails That are Five Sentences or Less
Tactic #4: Break Long Emails into Two Parts
Tactic #5: Make Your Emails Scannable
Tactic #6: Show Instead of Tell by Attaching Screenshots
Tactic #7: Spell Out Time Zones, Dates, and Acronyms
Tactic #8: Use "If...then..." Statements
Tactic #9: Present Options Instead of Asking Open-Ended Questions
Tactic #10: Re-Read Your Email Once for a Content Check
Tactic #11: Save Drafts of Repetitive Emails
Tactic #12: Write It Now, Send It Later Using Delay Delivery
Tactic #13: Don't Reply All (Unless You Absolutely Have To)
Tactic #14: Reply to Questions Inline
#1 Amazon Bestseller in the Office Management, Nonprofit Management & Leadership, and Small Business Franchise categories
"So many managers fail at delegation, a core essential for handling complexity in every organization. This quick read is a must for new managers -- and also for senior managers who are seeking a framework to help newer managers avoid the common mistakes."
- Dave Stachowiak, Host of the ‘Coaching for Leaders’ podcast
Do you feel stressed and overwhelmed with tasks that you can’t keep up with? Are you struggling with the delegation of work to your employees?
Effective Delegation of Authority is a brief guide for new managers that will help you improve your delegation skills in simple steps.
If you’re a manager or entrepreneur who leads three or more employees, then this book is for you.
It’s a super-short book that’ll help you avoid the common mistakes that new managers make when delegating tasks.
It includes a comprehensive step-by-step process that tells you exactly what to do before delegation, during delegation, and after delegation.
You’ll also get immediately applicable tactics that you can implement straightway with your subordinates.
Here’s a partial list of what’s covered:
- How to determine what to delegate to your employees before starting the delegation process
- The method you should follow to decide who to delegate work to on your team
- The five traits that every task should have before you delegate it.
- How to describe authority levels the right way before you delegate work
- How to avoid micromanaging your employees
- How to check in with your subordinates and give them meaningful feedback.
- How to avoid being too prescriptive, while still giving your employees a good description of what they need to accomplish
- The most important thing you should do after you delegate a task to verify understanding
- Some examples of delegation to help you understand the concepts better
- A downloadable sample delegation template and one-page cheat sheet that you can use as quick reference guides
The book is divided into three sections that will serve as your new manager checklist:
Section I: Before Delegation
- Step One: Determine What to Delegate
- Step Two: Determine Who to Delegate to
Section II: During Delegation
- Step One: Explain the Task Clearly
- Step Two: Describe Goals, Not Actions
- Step Three: Give Clear Timelines
A short ebook about 18 easy virtual games & activities to help your remote team stay connected while they work from home.
"Staying connected while working remotely isn't easy, but in this short book Hassan Osman harnesses his years of experience to compile some practical and non-obvious suggestions for getting closer to your colleagues using the tools you already have. Your team can bond virtually, and this helpful guide will help you do it."
- Rohit Bhargava, Author of the Non-Obvious Guide To Virtual Meetings & Remote Work and Founder of the Non-Obvious Guide Series
No special software or apps needed. You can play any of those remote games over Webex, Zoom, or any other collaboration tool.
The book includes free downloadable templates (including "How to Play" slides, sample zoom games, and spreadsheets) that are ready to use with your team.
What You’ll Learn
You'll get 18 activities and games, including:
- Seven entertaining quiz ideas to create some friendly competition among your team
- Sample questions for Trivia and Brain Teaser games
- Sample pictures to have fun with "Caption This" and "Spot the Difference" activities
- Five "great for lockdowns" trust building activities that help your team connect during stay-at-home advisories
- And much more...
Here’s what’s covered in this virtual games book:
- Activity 1: Little-Known Facts about Me
- Activity 2: Improv Slides
- Activity 3: Two Pictures
- Activity 4: Quizzes
- Activity 5: Fun Group Chat
- Activity 6: Weekly Reply All
- Activity 7: Video Roundtable
- Activity 8: Weird Pet Peeves
- Activity 9: Caption This
- Activity 10: Two Truths and a Lie
- Activity 11: Virtual Coffee Break
- Activity 12: Virtual Talent Show
- Activity 13: Map It Out
- Activity 14: Virtual Scavenger Hunt [Great for lockdowns]
- Activity 15: Bring Your Kid or Pet [Great for lockdowns]
- Activity 16: Virtual Team Workout [Great for lockdowns]
- Activity 17: Welcome to my Office [Great for lockdowns]
- Activity 18: Local Community Support [Great for lockdowns]
Free Downloadable Templates
The book includes downloadable files on Google Slides (you'll need a free Google Account to access them), including "How to Play" instructions and sample remote games.
Would you like to learn more?
Download the book now and start having fun with your virtual team today.
Scroll to the top of this page and click on the "buy button."
Learn how to facilitate your Zoom meetings more effectively.
This is a super-short book (will take you less than 30 minutes to read) that covers a step-by-step approach to running your meetings.
It also includes downloadable templates and scripts that will help save you time.
Note: This book is technology-agnostic. This means that it doesn't matter if you use Zoom, Webex, GoToMeeting, Skype, or any other meeting tool. The concepts focus more on process and communication best practices as opposed to technical guidelines.
Here's what you'll learn:
- The one question to ask yourself before scheduling a meeting
- How to draft an effective agenda (and include a simple phrase to save you time)
- When to schedule meetings to minimize the number of interruptions (batching techniques)
- How to take helpful meeting minutes (note-taking strategies that save you time)
- How to schedule online meetings for team members in different time zones
Resolve the Two Main Issues with Meetings
There are two main problems with meetings. First, there's a quantity problem (too many meetings), and second, there's a quality problem (too many bad meetings).
After reading this short book, you'll learn how to address both those problems. You will learn how to have fewer meetings, how to have better meetings, and how to get the most out of your meetings to get things done. You'll benefit by saving your team and yourself some time, and you'll end up with more successful meetings.
The book is divided into three sections:
Section I: Before Your Online Meeting
- Decide on a Need and an Objective
- Determine the Attendees and Draft an Agenda
- Define the Remote Logistics
- Send the Invite, Agenda, and Reminders
Section II: During Your Online Meeting
- Join Early and Cover the Ground Rules
- Run Through the Agenda
- Capture the Meeting Minutes
- Close with a Review
Section III: After Your Online Meeting
- Distribute the Meeting Minutes
- Follow Up on Action Items
Note: The subject of meetings can be really boring, and you've probably heard most of the common-sense advice about meetings before, so there's nothing earth-shattering about the material in this book. However, if you follow all the steps to the letter, then this will be the only book you're ever going to need about managing your virtual teams effectively, guaranteed.
As a free bonus for purchasing this book, you'll get a free Meeting Minutes Template and a free Meeting Agenda Template (MS Word format) that you can copy and paste and use with your own team.
Do you know how to kick off a project effectively? Are you confused about what you should cover in your kick off meeting presentation?
Project Kickoff will show you how to run a successful kickoff meeting in simple steps.
If you’re a project manager who leads teams on customer-facing projects, then this book is for you.
It’s a super-short book that’ll help you spend less time on preparing for your kickoff meeting, and more time on delivering it. It also includes downloadable templates and scripts that will help you save time.
Here’s a partial list of what’s covered:
- What to include in your project kickoff agenda, and who to share it with before your external kickoff meeting.
- How to kickoff a meeting the right way by running through the agenda and having brief introductions.
- How to leverage your project sponsor to motivate the team.
- How to list out the project goals, along with your project assumptions and constraints to avoid any potential miscommunication down the line.
- The best practices of including a team organization chart and a high-level schedule so that you manage expectations the right way.
- Why you should cover a change management process and communication plan.
- How to end a project kickoff meeting properly by including a next steps section and a Q&A session.
- The most important thing you should do after your project kickoff meeting ends.
- A downloadable sample project kickoff agenda and project kickoff template.
The book is divided into three sections:
Section I: Before Your Project Kickoff Meeting
- Draft the Agenda
- Gather Feedback
- Prepare the Presentation
- Hold an Internal Kickoff Meeting
- Schedule the External Kickoff Meeting
Section II: During Your Project Kickoff Meeting
- Welcome and Rundown of Agenda
- Project Sponsor Update
- Project Goals
- Team Organization Chart
- High-Level Schedule
- Project Assumptions and Constraints
- Communication Plan
- Change Management Process
- Milestone Signoff and Invoicing Process
- Technical Update
- Other Considerations
- Next Steps
- Q&A Session
- Wrap Up
Section III: After Your Project Kickoff Meeting
- Send an Update
- Follow Up on Action Items
As a free bonus for purchasing this book, you'll get a Free Project Kickoff Meeting Template ppt (a PowerPoint file) that helps you save time in creating your own.