|Product Dimensions||4 x 4 x 6.25 inches|
|Item model number||HBREST|
|Batteries||1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Material Type||ABS Plastic|
|Additional product features||Dimmable|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Item Weight||1 pounds|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Hatch Baby Rest Sound Machine, Night Light and Time-to-Rise
|Light Source type||LED|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
About this item
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL: Rest combines nightlight, sound machine, and time-to-rise alert in one easy-to-use device that you can control from your phone! Customize color, brightness, sound, and volume level. Set programs to turn off and on automatically based on your family’s sleep schedule.
- EASY TO USE: Rest can be programmed to turn on automatically, can be adjusted remotely via phone, or can be tapped on manually as needed. Control remotely via easy-to-use Hatch Baby Rest app. No need to disrupt a sleeping baby!
- GROWS WITH YOUR CHILD: Rest grows with your child’s needs - providing soft light and white noise for midnight newborn feeding sessions, the comfort of a nightlight for a preschooler, plus a time-to-rise setting for your older child! Includes toddler lock feature and stays cool throughout the night for safety.
- ENCOURAGES BETTER SLEEP: Create the ideal sleep environment for your child. Choose from preset sound and color combinations recommended by sleep experts! Requirements: Smartphone or tablet running iOS (11 or higher) or Android (Lollipop or higher)
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Both night light and sound machine, Rest is designed using scientifically proven light colors that promote healthy circadian rhythms and melatonin production with white noise to aid sleep. Rest is fully customizable, programmable, and controlled from your smartphone. As your child moves from bassinet to big kid bed, Rest grows with your needs - first providing soft light for middle of the night diaper changes and nursing sessions, then alerting your toddler when it is ok to get out of bed in the morning. Reinventing bedtime to get your family a better night’s rest.
From the Manufacturer
Encourage a better night’s sleep for your baby, toddler or big kid by customizing hues, brightness and sounds, and save them as favorites for future use. Simplify baby’s nighttime feedings and diaper changes with gentle lighting and white noise. Comfort and reassure growing toddlers with a nightlight that can safely stay on all night. Set and control programs from the device or remotely from your phone - no need to disrupt a sleeping baby.
Create programs to help get your family on a healthy sleep schedule. Favorites include:
• Set a time-to-rise to let your toddler know when it's time to get out of bed (so mom and dad get a little more rest)
• Set a bedtime program with fun colors and music to turn on in the evenings, alerting your toddler that bedtime is near
Modern design with night light and sound machine in one smart device. Coordinate styles with your child’s room using coverlets in fun patterns and colors (sold separately).
No need to disrupt a sleeping baby. Turn Rest on and off and change the volume and brightness remotely from your smartphone. Or, set programs to run each day to help your child get on a healthy sleep schedule.
Create the ideal sleep environment for your child’s unique sleep needs by choosing from a range of custom colors and sound choices. Night light feature helps children feel secure. Option to stay on all night and stays cool to the touch.
Our mission at Hatch Baby is to make raising babies and kids a little bit easier with smart technology. We believe that modern design and thoughtful function can come together to create solutions for the toughest job out there: parenting. Our suite of products, Rest, Grow, and Listen, help give parents the peace of mind they need that their babies are growing into happy, healthy kids.
Describe your product in 3 words.
Modern. Simple. Personalized.
How did you come up with the idea for this product?
At Hatch Baby, we’re parents of kids of all ages, and we know how hard it can be to help our children fall asleep and stay asleep. After trying just about everything to help get our kids to sleep, we built Hatch Baby Rest, rolling all the functions we know help little ones sleep best into one modern, functional and beautifully designed device. More than just a night light, sound machine, or OK-to-wake alarm, Rest is the smart, fully customizable and remotely controlled solution designed for babies and kids that grows with their changing sleep needs.
What makes your product special?
Rest is the all-in-one sleep solution that parents have been wishing existed for years. We know from personal experience how frustrating it is to have a sound machine that can only be controlled from the device itself, or a nightlight that shuts off after a set period of time, only to require sneaking into a sleeping toddler’s room to turn it back on. There had to be a better way than needing multiple gadgets to help create just the right atmosphere to encourage babies and kids to sleep through the night. We knew there was a better way, and that’s why we created Rest. By combining all the functions of a night light, sound machine, and ok-to-wake alert into one beautiful and simple design, and better yet, making it totally controllable from a smartphone, we knew we had the product that so many parents have been asking for.
What has been the best part of your startup experience?
Hearing from parents who use and love our product has been, hands down, the most inspiring and exciting part of this start-up experience. We knew that we had a great product when our beta testers asked if they could keep their Rests because they had become an integral part of their child’s sleep routine. It’s so rewarding to be building the products that make life a little easier for parents.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Now, I had serious doubts about my 18 month old’s ability to understand and abide by the “ok to wake” concept. But mom needs a little time to herself in the morning, so I was willing to give it a shot despite my reservations. The beauty of this product is the app and Bluetooth capability. I set the clock for 6am the first night and told my son that when the light turned green in the morning, he could get up for the day. For the record, my 18 month old can only say about 10 words... but he seems to comprehend a lot. The next morning, he woke at 5:30. I wasn’t about to let him cry for 30 long minutes, so I opened the app, changed the wake up time to 5:35, and then when the light turned on, went into his room and did a big dramatic wake up. I said, “look, your light is green, that means it’s time to wake up!” I then turned on the lights, threw open the curtains... made a big deal of it. Over the next few days, I gradually set the clock back little by little, and he started sleeping a little later each day. After a week, I was able to set the clock to 7:30 (my ideal wake up time for him). He woke the first few days a little earlier, and I would just tell him through the baby monitor talk function that his light wasn’t green, and I kid you not— he laid down and went back to sleep until the light came on. Now if he wakes a few minutes early, he just plays in his crib and waits for the light. I can’t believe that this worked, but it did. And now I feel like I have to spread the word!
I actually loved this so much, that I bought a 2nd one for my 3 year old. He loves it. He plays in his room until his light comes on at 7:30, and also stays in his room to play or look at books during “quiet time” in the afternoon. He loves choosing a nightlight color and sound on the app every night. I truly cannot say enough positive things about this product... try it!
We needed a night light for our 3-month-old's nursery and this has fit the bill beautifully. To be clear, this machine works via Bluetooth, NOT via WiFi. This has advantages and disadvantages which I'll mention below. Overall, though, there's a lot to love about this machine and only a few small quibbles I have with it.
What's great about this machine:
1) It looks stylish -- modern yet neutral. And because the light can be just about any color, it can fit in with whatever color scheme your room is.
2) It's easy to use. The downloadable phone app works for both Android and IOS and is very self-explanatory. Programs can be set to start and finish at any time each day (or set days of the week) and include settings for light color and brightness as well as your choice of sound (or silence) and the volume of the sound.
3) The sound machine function produces a wide range of soothing background sounds: "woodsy" noise (crickets), rain shower, white noise (like television static), singing birds, ocean waves, rippling water, a laundry machine, and three different sets of melodies. These sounds are surprisingly not nearly as annoying as I assumed they would be -- most of them are actually quite nice.
4) The "Okay to get up" feature will be great when our little one becomes a toddler. Basically, just set a program for a particular color to turn on at a certain time in the morning so your toddler knows it's "okay" to get out of bed for the day. I have no doubt this will come in handy!
A few things I'm not as wild about:
1) The volume of some of the sounds could stand to have a wider range, particularly on the lower end. For example, the white noise sound is quite loud, even on the lowest volume setting. We have it dialed all the way down and it's passable but still almost too loud.
2) The ability to program sounds and lights is a great feature, but it would be nice to be able to start a program on demand instead of only at a pre-set time. For example, we have our "overnight" program set to begin at 9 p.m. and end at 6:30 a.m., but sometimes our little one goes to bed a few minutes before or after 9:00. It would be nice to be able to start the overnight program with the push of a button at, say, 9:08 and have it still end at 6:30 a.m.
3) As I mentioned above, this machine is controllable via a phone app via Bluetooth, not WiFi. On the plus side, this means you don't have to plug anything into your router, and the connection is very easy to make. On the minus side, only one phone can control it at a given time. My wife and I both have the app on our phones, and if we are both close to the machine one of us might have to close the app for the other to use it. Also, because Bluetooth has a relatively short range, you may not be able to control this machine from more than a room or two away. Then again, this is a night light, not a baby monitor, so the "need" to connect to it from the other end of the house is not as great.
I'm very happy with this purchase and would certainly purchase it again!
*** UPDATE 12/18/2018 ***
We have been using this light for almost a year and a half, and we like it so much we purchased a second one to use for our son who was born a month ago. Although he isn't sleeping in his own room yet, we have the Hatch set up in our bedroom so he has a night light. So, this is the first time we have used the phone app to control more than one device. You can pair more than one device with your phone, but unfortunately switching between the devices in the app is a little cumbersome because you essentially have to "log out" of one device and "log on" to the other. It's not difficult, but it seems like a lot of steps. As I mentioned in my main review, I suspect this is because the pairing is via Bluetooth, not WiFi, which limits the complexity of the communication. And as a reminder, only one person can be "logged in" to a device at a time, so if my wife wants to change the volume or the sound and I was the last person to make a change, she can't do anything until I log out on my phone.
Fortunately this light will probably be used on a set schedule most of the time, so accessing it via the phone app is probably not something you will do very often once your have a set routine.
From their site:
"While using our Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, child’s name, child’s gender, demographic information, password, postal address and phone number ("Personal Information"). When using our products and services, we will also collect information including, but not limited to, child’s weight, child’s feeding amount, child’s sleep, etc."
Top reviews from other countries
Here is my beef: Why does Hatch Baby need to know the age and gender of my child before I can use the product... this pisses me off, and so I deducted 2 stars for each silly question without letting me skip it... Great product, crappy they lock you into making an account and collect your data.
On to the Pros: Sound quality is great for the size, a rich sound that beats our last sound machine. The software does work great, and there appears to be active development with feature updates. Support seems good and active. Take the time to learn the software, it takes a few minutes to understand how Programs and Favorites work.
Over-all I would recommend the product, I do find it is priced a bit high, but once all the bugs are worked out and a wifi unit comes out I wouldn't think twice about it.
I've only had it for a few weeks so I'm still figuring it out but so far it's a bit confusing with setting up preset settings/ scheduled which automatically turn on, that part is great; however the trouble for me has been with the fact that you can override the preset settings manually if you touch the hatch rest itself and when that happens it overrides the preset and I can't figure out how to get back to the preset....Anyway I'm trying to resolve as it's pointless setting something that my child can just override with tapping the device.
As well, when it is setup with preset settings, if you are not near the device you cannot make changes to it manually, at least as far as I can figure out, which is difficult if you have babysitter without the app and it gets turned off or many other circumstances where you may not have access to the app or your phone... So it's been a bit confusing to figure out, at least for me...
I like clean/modern looking baby products and that is what initially caught my eye. Although, the price is what made me hold off on buying at first.
Once I took into consideration that not only is it a sound machine with all sorts of different options to choose from, as well as a nightlight with many colors to choose from, but it can also work as a wake up/night time light for your child eliminating the need to later on purchase a Gro Clock or something similar.
It has controls on the bottom keeping the light neat looking. The app is super simple to use and I love that you can control every feature from your phone. It also has a touch feature on the top that turns the power on which is great if you have a baby in your arms!