Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 2, 2015
Has some interesting and inspirational ideas for succeeding either in the workplace or in your own business while dealing with various types of workplace saboteurs you may encounter. Anyone with any time in the workforce will identify with the bosses and coworkers mentioned in the book. Wish I had read this before I had a meltdown from a bully of a boss. That experience set my career back several years and caused me to completely change career fields. At the time, I felt completely alone. Sad as it is, it is comforting to know my experience was not unique and that I now realize I have choices and tools in dealing with these types in the future.
on July 28, 2015
What a book! I have already recommended it to five people and will continue. Written in "good old" standard English, the authors explain our need for time alone to do the thinking a writing necessary for clear thinking and design and writing. The first half of the book talks about the corporate world and the necessity for the productive worker to find a place to hid and think through the issue set before him or her. The second half encourages us "Soloists" and many would be "soloists" to be connected to the "office" but at attached. Work hard but don't neglect the "me" time you need to recoup to energy and your love? tolerance ? for those around you who are in the traditional corporate culture and are wedded to it. And this recouping thing is not just a then minute break, but 1/2 day to take a walk in the country, get up at 4:00 am and exercise for an hour, take a leave of absence of two weeks or a month every four months, chant, doodle with others who like to do these things. This behavior energizes the mind and refreshes the energy in the body. The authors also suggest strategies you might use for those who don't want to change and don't want you, too, to change.
Great Fun!
on December 29, 2009
This book should be required reading material for any employee at any corporation. I don't normally read self-help books, let alone business self-help books. However, "I Hate People" has been a tremendous help to me both professionally and psychologically. It offers very real solutions to dealing with some of my colleagues that drive me crazy and prevent me from being most effective at my job. It's hugely entertaining, insightful, and useful. I even bought my manager a copy as for a Christmas gift.

Littman and Hershon should win a Nobel prize in literature for this work!
on May 10, 2014
A decent if elementary treatise on how to get things done. Did not rise to the level of "Genius" by Tina Seelig. But, admittedly, that is indeed a high bar.
on May 22, 2014
quite interesting if you are in a certain job category. Describes how to use ways to solocraft. Don't know if that is always possible.
on March 12, 2013
Too many words for a simple message. Interesting enough to skim through it.
Reading was boring as it took too long to finish the idea noted that is easily understood by the reader.
on March 22, 2015
So true. Nice to have as a referral.
on November 17, 2009
An incredible guide to identify and overcome objections at work and get the best from your job, no matter who you work with.
on August 14, 2009
My husband read this and enjoyed it! We got the book for a granddaughter starting a new marketing job. Some good insights were provided.
on July 26, 2009
This book attempts to dissect the corporate world and describe all of a person's human obstacles to advancement. The downside, it does it in excruciatingly dry detail peppered with bitterness and anger. I have worked in the corporate world for many years and, despite the obstacles, love my job. Rather than learning how to deal with people and still enjoy their good side, this book inspires the reader to have total distrust for others.

If you like your job, don't read this, it will only make you miserable and see villains among all of those you spend 8+ hours a day with.
22 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse