Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14 reviews
on July 12, 2017
A great guide and help with homeschooling my ADHD grandson...thanks!
on December 5, 2012
This book is great and extremely helpful if you are homeschooling or considering homeschool. While all topics in this book are very true and helpful, they are difficult, if not impossibe, to implement in a regular school setting. It is definitely worth reading because any parent can implement most ideas at home and make suggestions to their child's teachers. This is a book ALL public and private school teacher should read and use in their classrooms, where possible.
on December 24, 2013
I like this book so much I have ordered two more copies to give to a school teacher and to a child therapist I know. The quotes from school kids ranging from grade to high school are priceless and offer a look into the minds of young students who spend their days in classrooms. Some of the ideas simply aren't practical in a crowded, money starved school system but it still should be read by teachers and parents
on February 24, 2015
Cynthia Tobias does it again. This practical book is based on a good theoretical foundation and helps give ideas for helping at-risk students.
on January 19, 2014
Every child is different, as we know, but why does one hate school and another love it? Cynthia has a way of making plain the areas to be looked at and the way to change the child's mind and heart. Recommend!!
on November 3, 2006
This book is an excellent, well written source that could help parents with their school age children. It will help identify the inner makings of the way we each learn (and teach) one another valuable things in life, as well as how we learn in school. Cynthia Tobias is humorous and an expert in the field of learning skills. This book is a MUST READ. Read her other books too!
on March 21, 2011
I'm a single-mom of a kindergartner who hates school. I was searching for some kind of practical advice to help me with him, and unfortunately, this book did not. It is very much a book geared towards reforming the school system to fit the child. There were some good ideas for doing that, but right now, I'm more interested in fixing the problems I'm having with my son - NOT changing the entire school system to fit him.
on February 6, 2007
If your child is having difficulty in school, or just doesn't like it, this book is a must read. It gives great information that all parents as well as anyone involved in the school system should know. I highly recommend it.
on June 16, 2011
Where is "Chapter One: Who's the Customer?"

I have had the privilege to attend lectures from Cynthia Tobias when I was earning my Bachelors degree in Biblical Counseling. I am an advocate for students and this book is just what parents need to step up and keep their kids in school, plus gain their own incite as to what their children are thinking.

I need chapter 1!!!! % stars for the book, 3 stars for not being complete! [...] for verification of the book.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2013
Purchased for parents of grandson with ADHD and ODD to better cope and handle situations. Better understanding leads to better results for both.