- File Size: 3354 KB
- Print Length: 634 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: August 2, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B074JHHJ4W
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #321,200 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Haunted by Love Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I will definitely be looking up some of these authors and buying their work since I've enjoyed this so much. I highly recommend that you get a copy and see for yourself!
I received an advance reader copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
I am a paranormal reader first and foremost so this collection was a great collection with no repetition. Each story was unique. Definitely a great way for people to discover new authors!
100% SPOILER FREE REVIEW
I got this because of my love of A.J's writing style.
Kalani ran away from her home, at 16yrs old. Leaving behind her one true love Dru, who was supposed to come with her. She wanted freedom, not servitude. She hated him for not coming and she hadn't seen him in a decade.
Lani has been living a normal life among the humans. Her best friend Maddy is the only one who knows she is a Bator - man made, with the DNA mixture of a God, Demon, and human. She was created to protect humans from the demons who serve the collective.
As a Bator, Lani needs "red" to keep up her abilities, like speed, strength, hearing and vaping. She has been the only known Bator to resist blood for that long, causing her to loose many of her strengths. Unlike vampires , Bators don't chase down the humans they are meant to protect, and don't kill for sport like the demons they are protecting them from.
The humans know of the Bators, and demons. Making them wise to stay off the highways and inside at night.
When Lani, Maddy, and two guys are attacked on the hwy, Maddy is taken. Dru is the Bator who shows up. Refusing to go help Maddy, Lani decides to do it on her own , sneaking back into the facility she left all those years ago. She only wants Red so she can go after Maddy.
Instead she finds more. Dru, who she still claims to hate. And Knox, a sexy Bator she hasn't seen since he was twelve. Dru tries to claim Lani, but she is having none of it. She only wants one thing and that's to save Maddy.
While the story is well written, as are all of A.J's stories, this lacked some common editing mistakes causing me to reread some parts, not knowing what exactly was meant to be said.
A.J always does wonderful with her sexy scenes, leaving them straight to the point; however, there is a scene in this story where I felt it was just the wrong time for sex.
I do understand the strong connection of Bators, but they do have human emotions and to me personally, it came down to bad timing.
I needed more. Even in a short story, there were some places I felt more could have been explained. But don't let that turn you off from this story, a series is coming and based on other writings by her , I'm certain we will get the answers we seek. This ends on a major cliffhanger and I'm barely hanging on waiting to read more of Kalani, Knox, Dru and Maddy. Definitely worth the read for any PNR lover.
This is recommended for an 18+ audience.
1) Arms of Danger-- A Destined Guardians Book- Kaiden Klein--- Ooh!! I loved this story. Helena's act to fight and save lives. Her reward to become a Guardian. Beautifully done.
2) Lost-- Ashes to Ashes Series- Annie Anderson-- Aah! So beautiful, Love. Love can sooth a soul or clear one too. Very well done.
3) Love of three-- A Mount Roxby Series short- Aimie Jennison-- Different, not bad. HOT! HOT! HOT!
4) Night Gods-- A Gods of Greyfall Novella- A. J. Norris-- I don't understand the God pad all of the way. Part maybe, but the story is very good and has the potential for more.
5) In Love with a Shadow-- Carmen Fox-- This story tugs on the heart strings. I love it HOPE to see more.
6) Jerome-- Black Mountain Pack .5- Miranda Lynor-- A short story but packed with excitement and fear. I loved the way Wolf took to Max and his Ma. Well done on this one.
7) Hunt Mates-- Pull of the Moon- Mary Huges-- Oh very well done. I really liked it.
8) Loving Lili-- Nancee Cain-- I don't know what to feel about this one. Small amounts of time together. Can it be enough? Maybe it can work for them.
9) How a Vampire Hunter Finds Love-- Nicole Zoltack-- OK different, but a good story. I liked the ending the most.
10) In the Dragon's Eyes-- Haunted by Love Anthology Novella- Sam Destiny-- Hopeless, I feel so sorry for the boy. I don't like stories in parts. If you have all the books then it is not so bad.