- File Size: 1132 KB
- Print Length: 30 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Willow Cross; 1 edition (October 23, 2011)
- Publication Date: October 23, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B005Z53TA8
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #6,793 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$0.99|
Save $0.99 (100%)
Haunted Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Don't get me wrong, not all of the ghosts stories that Cross tells are about bad ghosts. In fact the first story is actually about a very nice one that saved her life. But her recounting of her experience had me remembering my own encounters of the paranormal kind and I found myself pulling the blanket tighter in anticipation of what her next story would bring. Because if you've had more than one ghostly encounter it's almost guaranteed that there is going to be a creepy one!
Cross recounted her stories in such a way that I felt like I was there. Great creepy factor! I got so wrapped up in her stories I actually jumped halfway out of my skin when the cat knocked something off the counter in the next room. (At least I think it was the cat, and I'm going to keep thinking it was the cat so I don't scare myself even more! Lol) The only regret I have with this one is that it was sooo short! Only four stories! So wish there were more! Definitely going to look into picking up more of this writers work, even if they aren't ghost stories. Her writing kept my attention and I am interested in seeing if she can keep that going in anything else she writes as well.
The author stressed quite a few times she didn't exaggerate anything in the book and when I read it, her stories were extremely believable and I don't think she exaggerated anything. I was scares to go to sleep.
If you want to read a book that will scare the crap out of you, this is definitely the book to read. My only suggestion is to read it during the day!! I'm glad there's a Haunted II and I am about to start that one right now!!
if you're looking for scary stories that will leave you up all night, I'd suggest you look elsewhere. However, for parents of tweens who are all about the supernatural but not ready to be scared out of their pants, this may be a good read.
All in all, the writing and stories were lackluster, and it's not a book I would recommend to anyone seeking a good thrill. However, it was a quick read that kept me mildly entertained for half an hour or so.
Most recent customer reviews
It could have longer and a little more detailed but over all it was a good read
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Occult & Paranormal > Ghosts & Hauntings
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Occult & Paranormal > Supernatural
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Occult & Paranormal > Unexplained Mysteries
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Occult > Ghosts & Haunted Houses
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Occult > Supernatural
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Occult > Unexplained Mysteries