- File Size: 686 KB
- Print Length: 358 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Black Owl Books (December 20, 2015)
- Publication Date: December 20, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B015MB10KA
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,865 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$16.99|
Save $12.00 (71%)
The Haunting of Blackwood House Kindle Edition
|Length: 358 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Mara and Neil buy this creepy old house and from the beginning the ghostly antics mess with a disbelieving Mara. I loved this book and could not put it down. I had received this book as an ARC in exchange for an honest review and all I can really say is BUY IT, YOU WON'T REGRET IT.
This book was so dumb. The characters were dull, shallow and totally predictable. So was the entire plot. Stereotypical haunted house. Ooh the rocking chair moves on it's own. BOO! Never saw that before in a haunted house. Nothing suspenseful or inventive at all about this story.
Then the situation-Mara buys an old house in the present day--there is no electricity, no phone, etc. never once does she say, "hey, maybe I should get some electricity hooked up here so I can charge my cell phone, have lights, stove etc." No instead she ignores the lack of electricity-something that any normal person would have taken care of first and relies on Neil to provide camps stoves and a generator. And she loves this old house, with it's blood stains, eerie messages written in blood and strange noises. That makes sense! And coincidentally it was originally owned by her great great grandfather or just happened to be a spiritualist.
Too much nonsense!
The rest of the book was enjoyable. Not "can't put it down" material, but a good scary read. The twist was not a huge twist, but it was interesting. I enjoyed the description of the "cleansing," I could easily picture it in my head. Overall it was a good read and I will try to pick up some of the author's other books when I can.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Gothic
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror > Ghosts
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Supernatural > Ghosts
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Supernatural
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror > British
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror > Occult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense > Ghosts
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense > Horror
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense > Occult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense > Paranormal
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Occult > Supernatural