- File Size: 1453 KB
- Print Length: 123 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: June 15, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0721ZKQMW
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,096 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$0.99|
Save $0.99 (100%)
The Haunting of Rachel Harroway: The Beginning- Book 0 Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 123 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
Never miss a new release from Simon Wood
Follow Simon Wood for new book notifications, email exclusives and more. Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
The author is a great storyteller. The character of Rachel is well developed and I like her immensely. I'm still vetting to know the husband, Brett, and her father, Liam.
The story needs some edits. As an editor, it can be hard to read a story without editing in my head, Burr that was not the case here. While it does need edits, there was nothing severe enough to detract from the story. If you like haunted houses, ghosts, and people who can see them, then thus would be a good book for you to read.
Rachel and her husband buy a home in a very rural setting, away from town and nowhere near neighbors, and before they can even finish unpacking, strange things begin happening in their "new" home. Rachel begins "seeing" things, and since her Mother has been institutionalized for being "crazy" she begins to doubt herself, and fear for her own sanity. But it seems that there had been a massacre of an entire family in their "new" home many years earlier and the killer was never found. So is she really losing her mind
As other reviewers have mentioned, the writing is often clunky. In addition to grammar mistakes and typos, there are mixed metaphors (e.g., "Millions of thoughts and fears ate at her, and when she killed one, the train would only pick up speed.") and what I can describe only as infelicitous wording (e.g., "Rachel took a break from squeezing herself to brush a strand of hair behind her ear."). The dialogue is often unrealistic, as when Rachel's husband Brett says to her, "You went behind my back. First with the police officer and now with this." In this scene, they're in the middle of a fight, and Brett is very angry, to the point of shouting expletives. It's much more likely that he would say "First with the cop" or "First with Lynchfield" instead of the stilted "First with the police officer." With luck, J.S. Donovan will hire an editor or collaborate with a co-author for the next installments in the series.
Great work, J.S. Donovan
It involves a young couple who move into a haunted house.
Rachel has the gift to see and hear the dead.
Her pursuit of the truth for the murderers of the family who lived there was the gist of the book.
I thoroughly enjoyed the book and look forward to reading more from this very talented author
Most recent customer reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror > British
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror > Occult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime Fiction > Kidnapping
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Police Procedurals
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense > Horror
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense > Occult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Occult > Ghosts & Haunted Houses