Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 16 reviews
on February 3, 2013
I never knew one could do so many interesting things with potatoes. The variety is amazing: if you or your family likes potatoes, this is inspirational. Jackie Pham doesn't shrink from the complicated; but these recipes are written like one pro speaking to another, neither dumbed down nor unnecessarily fussy. She does give tips and tricks to special preparations. The photos, a key motivational element in any cookbook, are mouthwatering and helpful to guide presentation. Makes a beautiful gift as well as a very useful addition to a cookbook library.
on December 27, 2012
If you're looking for a 5 minute, quick and easy cookbook, Haute Potato is not for you. I usually only cook on special occasions, so I look for special recipes, and this book is chock full of them. The photography is beautiful and inviting, and the variety of cuisine types is impressive.

I made the potato cigars for a Christmas party and they turned out perfect. I should have made more! The lavender purple potato tarte was a big hit as well. And pretty too.

The book is broken down by flavor/texture, and there are lots of choices in each section that are party perfect. The mashed potato recipes are a bit obvious, but that's a minor criticism. The crispy section stands out; I wasn't aware that the French had so many variations on potatoes! I'll definitely be giving them a try

Again, this isn't an easy cookbook, but the recipes are detailed and I've been able to execute a couple to very satisfactory results.
on October 23, 2013
Potatoes are one of my favorite foods, and I grow some of my own, so I want to make them to be the star of my dinner table and this book does it. Tasty potato recipes to suit anyone.
on July 1, 2013
This is a beautiful book with great photos of mouthwatering potato creations. But I can never imagine getting to eat them. The author seems to revel in making things difficult. Most recipes are labor intensive with huge numbers of ingredients; one recipe had 28 ingredients. When the author lessens the number of ingredients, the rarity of those items increases. For example, there is one recipe with only four ingredients, but the critical one is truffle butter. I have never used that and do not know where to find it, or if it is worth finding.

In the Introduction the author mentions four variations of potato pancakes. However the index does not list anything under pancakes. There is no index listing for starch content, the distinguishing characteristic of most potatoes.
on December 15, 2012
I have been following Jacqueline via her blog for months . She is without a doubt one of the most competent and unique chefs on the web. I pre-ordered her book the day it became available on Amazon. I could hardly wait for it to arrive. When it did arrive I was NOT disappointed!! Not only is Jacqueline in great form in this book but the beauty of the book and the fabulous photos make it a treat to wander through looking for that special recipe for my guests. Haute Potato is great in the detail of directions and instructions. And you will need it because some the recipes are wonderfully complex -- but well worth it. One such recipe is the Vietnamese-Style Shrimp and Potato Salad. On the other hand, the simple recipes are also worth the effort such as the Gratin Dauphinois.

If you are a cook just starting out or an experienced chef - you will find the recipes you need to satisfy and impress your guests and/or family. Buy the book and be happy!!
on October 25, 2014
I know a no results review isn't that helpful, but this is going to be a holiday gift. Small book but looks nice and I know it will be appreciated.
on February 3, 2013
I love her webfood site and blog, it has everything you need for ideas in recipes for every occassions and that's the reason why I bought this Haute Potato. I like to try many types of cooking and baking so I will definitely use this book.
on December 31, 2014
Ikaria is a great book, the Haute Potato is a big too haute for me, but I will try some of the recipes.
on December 30, 2012
As a fan of Jacqueline's blog, I am so glad that I ordered her book. Each page has gourmet, delicious, beautiful and easy to make recipes. I can't recommend it enough.
on July 8, 2013
I found this cookbook to having many new recipes for potatoes and I am looking forward to try many of the recipes in this cookbook! It is a Great Family and Entertaining cookbook. It is nice to find an updated multi-purpose cookbook! Several of the recipes will take time however the out come looks to be well worth it! This cookbook has Great pictures of the finished product. Most of the recipes are easy to follow with the directions that are included with each recipe. I would Highly Recommend this cookbook to the modern people that like to cook!