Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Havahart 1045 Live Animal Two-Door Raccoon, Stray ..." and save 42% off the $77.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
- Working on a home project? Need some help? Check out Amazon Home Services and get $30 cash back when you book select services. Learn more
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $9.65 shipping
+ $10.62 shipping
+ $9.65 shipping
Havahart 1045 Live Animal Two-Door Raccoon, Stray Cat, Opossum, and Groundhog Cage Trap
|Price:||$56.04 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$21.95 (28%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Constructed of sturdy rust-resistant wire mesh with steel reinforcements for long life and galvanized for maximum resistance to rust and corrosion.
- Mesh openings are smaller than competing traps of comparable size to prevent escapes and stolen bait. Two spring-loaded doors allow animals to enter from either direction
- Sensitive triggers ensure quick, secure captures that target the specific animal's size, eliminating undesired catches.
- Solid doors and handle guards protect users during transportation, while smoothed internal edges protect and prevent injuries to animals.
- Ideal for catching medium-sized raccoons, stray cats, opossums, groundhogs and similar-size nuisance animals. Havahart traps are made in U.S.A.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
Havahart Large 2-Door Trap (#1045)
Is your garden, yard or home being raided by an unwelcome pest? Make capturing these critters easy with the Havahart Large 2-Door Trap with spring loaded doors. Made in the USA, these traps are designed, tested, and used by professional trappers, ensuring a safe and secure catch for you and the nuisance animal.
- A sensitive external trigger rod is located outside to prevent damage from the animal.
- Sturdy, high tensile, wire mesh keeps neighborhood pest contained.
- Galvanized steel fights rust and corrosion.
Peace Of Mind
- Two powerful spring-loaded doors allow an animal to enter from either direction, providing an increased catch rate.
- Large handle guard offers protection during transportation.
- Smoothed internal edges protect and prevent injuries to animal and to you.
Trap at a Glance:
- Constructed of sturdy rust-resistant wire mesh with steel reinforcements.
- Two spring-loaded doors allow animals to enter from either direction.
- Sensitive triggers ensure quick, secure captures.
- Solid doors and handle guards protect users during transportation.
- Made in the U.S.A
|Traditional Large Animal Trap||Traditional Large Animal Trap||Traditional Large Animal Trap||Easy Set Large Animal Trap||Easy Set Large Animal Trap||Easy Set Large Animal Trap|
|Trap Opening Dimensions (width x height)||10x12 in.||10x12 in.||10.5x12.5 in.||10x12 in.||10x12 in.||10x12.25 in.|
|Trap Length||32 in.||36 in.||32 in.||32 in.||32 in.||36 in.|
|Animal Sizes (best used for)||Armadillos, Cats, Groundhogs, Muskrats, Opossums, Raccoons, Skunks||Armadillos, Cats, Groundhogs, Opossums, Raccoons||Armadillos, Cats, Groundhogs, Muskrats, Opossums, Raccoons||Armadillos, Cats, Groundhogs, Muskrats, Opossums, Raccoons, Skunks||Armadillos, Cats, Groundhogs, Muskrats, Opossums, Raccoons||Armadillos, Cats, Groundhogs, Muskrats, Opossums, Raccoons|
|No. of Doors||1||2||1||1||1||2|
|Easy Set - One Step Set and Release||✓||✓||✓|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year|
Step-by-Step Trapping Guide
Step 1: Place bait in back of trap
Armadillos: Meal worms, sardines
Groundhogs: Cantaloupe, sweet corn, lettuce
Opossums: Vegetables, sweet apples
Stray cats: Fish, sardines, canned tuna
Raccoons: Fish, marshmallows
Step 2: Set the trap
Set the live animal trap in the location of the nuisance animal. You can camouflage the trap by placing twigs and leaves on top. You can also leave an unset baited trap for a few days to entice the animal.
Step 3: Check the trap regularly
Animals can become stressed if caged for long periods of time. Hot and cold weather conditions can also harm the animal.
Top Customer Reviews
While I was there at the shelter others came in carrying these traps as well. They really are great!
I'll probably buy another one of these next year if I have the cash. Wish they were about $20 cheaper, oh well.
But only one star because it only makes the cats afraid of traps and risks hurting them by allowing them to get caught halfway. Very frustrating. Regret this purchase.
UPDATE: Am having success using the trap as a single-doored trap. The above problem of the doors closing on the cat is that with the cat eating food from the plate in the center, its body is probably going to be blocking one of the 2 doors. By closing one door and putting the food in the back of the trap, I have gotten around this problem.
I bought one for my Mom when she had a raccoon in her attic. It worked for her too. I admit; I set it up for her, but this is the point -- it has to be set up correctly. When you first use it, test how you set it up by pushing on the pressure plate with a rod. You will learn how to place the catch so that it goes off consistently. By the way, my brother-in-law has one. He lives in a rural area and he has caught many more animals than I have, including his own cat.
I can't believe anyone could give this trap a negative review. I wouldn't have bothered to post this but I have to set the record straight.
Have had this trap for two weeks and we have caught (and relocated)
two groundhogs, two raccoons and one opossum. I find the trap works better if
you set the trigger just enough to make it fast..and use something sticky
on your bait. I have been using cut pieces of apple with maple syrup on it to make
it stick to the trigger plate.
It is kind of fun to trap them and my three year old daughter loves to see what they look like, I tell her that they are our prisoners for the day and it is way better than shooting them which just always made me feel horrible.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Nice cage for catching racoons, opossoms, skunks, etc. Nice size. Like the double ended cage.Published 2 days ago by djss55
Ordered for my son, it came on time and he is very satisfied with the product.Published 3 days ago by Darrell
This looks a lot like the Havahart I am having to replace from trapping a VERY large racoon that tore the "guts" out of my old trap. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Dennis
cheaply made, all spot welds broke ,around door, when animal was caught.Published 13 days ago by Albert Jones
This works for cats. This brand and model was recommended to me by a friend, who has extensive experience trapping feral cats (to neuter and return).Published 15 days ago by jr
We assumed we couldn't afford a new Havahart, and the one we had (for forty years) was too small for the raccoon that killed some of our chicks. Read morePublished 17 days ago by Emily K. Morgan
This is the best live trap available. It's sturdy and fool proof. The second door is a little tricky but worth the effort. I've never had a false trigger with have a heart brand.Published 21 days ago by K. Milller
Excellent trap. Caught a lot of critters in the last month. You need to practice setting this trap so that it has a hair trigger. Read morePublished 22 days ago by Amazon Customer
I have a lot of varmints around my area and wanted to trap any around my garden. So far I haven't had any luck at all. I've had the trap over a month.Published 25 days ago by Julian W Rose