Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $8.00 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Woodstream 1079 32-Inch Live Animal Cage Trap
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Constructed of sturdy rust-resistant wire mesh with steel reinforcements for long life and galvanized for maximum resistance to rust and corrosion
- Mesh openings of our groundhog traps are smaller than competing traps of comparable size to prevent escapes and stolen bait.
- Spring loaded door and sensitive triggers ensure quick, secure captures that target the specific animal's size, eliminating undesired catches.
- Solid door and handle guards protect users during transportation, while smoothed internal edges protect and prevent injuries to animals. Trigger rod is located outside of the trap so animal cannot damage it while in the trap
- Ideal for catching raccoons, stray cats, groundhogs (woodchucks), opossums,and similar-size nuisance animals. Havahart traps are made in the U.S.A.
Unlock 5% savings on this product when you subscribe to 5 or more products that arrive in the same month. Skip or cancel any time, and shipping is FREE. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Havahart Large 1-Door Trap (#1079)
Frustrated by unwelcome animals invading your garden? Easily and safely remove unwanted guests with a Havahart Large 1-Door Trap. Made in the USA, these traps are designed, tested, and used by professional trappers, ensuring a safe and secure catch for you and the nuisance animal.
- Made with a sensitive trigger and smaller mesh opening to prevents any stolen bait.
- Sturdy, high tensile, wire mesh keeps neighborhood pest contained.
- Galvanized steel fights rust and corrosion.
Peace Of Mind
- Spring loaded door that provides a safe, secure catch for not only you, but your troublesome visitor.
- Strong, solid door and large handle guard offers protection during transportation.
- Smoothed internal edges protect and prevent injuries to animals and to you.
Trap at a Glance:
- Constructed of sturdy rust-resistant wire mesh with steel reinforcements.
- Spring loaded door and sensitive triggers ensure quick, secure captures.
- Solid door and handle guards protect users during transportation.
- Ideal for catching raccoons, stray cats, groundhogs (woodchucks), and opossums.
|Traditional Large Animal Trap||Traditional Large Animal Trap||Traditional Large Animal Trap||Easy Set Large Animal Trap||Easy Set Large Animal Trap||Easy Set Large Animal Trap|
|Trap Opening Dimensions (width x height)||10x12 in.||10x12 in.||10.5x12.5 in.||10x12 in.||10x12 in.||10x12.25 in.|
|Trap Length||32 in.||36 in.||32 in.||32 in.||32 in.||36 in.|
|Animal Sizes (best used for)||Armadillos, Cats, Groundhogs, Muskrats, Opossums, Raccoons, Skunks||Armadillos, Cats, Groundhogs, Opossums, Raccoons||Armadillos, Cats, Groundhogs, Muskrats, Opossums, Raccoons||Armadillos, Cats, Groundhogs, Muskrats, Opossums, Raccoons, Skunks||Armadillos, Cats, Groundhogs, Muskrats, Opossums, Raccoons||Armadillos, Cats, Groundhogs, Muskrats, Opossums, Raccoons|
|No. of Doors||1||2||1||1||1||2|
|Easy Set - One Step Set and Release||✓||✓||✓|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year|
Step-by-Step Trapping Guide
Step 1: Place bait in back of trap
- Armadillos: Meal worms, sardines.
- Groundhogs: Cantaloupe, sweet corn, lettuce.
- Opossums: Vegetables, sweet apples.
- Stray Cats: Fish, sardines, canned tuna.
- Raccoons: Fish, marshmallows.
Step 2: Set the trap
Set the live animal trap in the location of the nuisance animal. You can camouflage the trap by placing twigs and leaves on top. You can also leave an unset baited trap for a few days to entice the animal.
Step 3: Check the trap regularly
Animals can become stressed if caged for long periods of time. Hot and cold weather conditions can also harm the animal.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Inlet Innovations|
|Item Dimensions||10 x 32 x 12 in||10 x 32 x 12 in||10.63 x 31.89 x 12.6 in||10 x 36 x 12 in||10.5 x 32 x 12.5 in||2 x 34.9 x 11.8 in|
Havahart, 32" x 10" x 12" Professional Live Animal Cage Trap, Spring Loaded Single Door With V-Type Locking System, Built Of Heavy Gauge, Tempered, Galvanized Steel Wire, Pre-Assembled, Ideal For Raccoon, Groundhog, Cats, Etc., 12 LB.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The trap functions fine if you set it up properly. You can tune the release plate a bit if needed, or use a sticky bait like peanut butter on or around the trip plate to guarantee interaction with it to trip the trap.
My issue is that the design has been cheapened to the point I have to say it is dangerous. I'm sure man who used these traps would have been upset by the amount of blood from the animal that was on the trap this morning. The gap has increased between the trapdoor and the side of the cage so I suspect the is where the injury occurred. I'd definitely was where the raccoon was able to bend and shake the door. Eventually the animal giggled it so much it got the spring and locking bar to pop past the catch. This happened while I was getting ready to leave, 5 minutes later and I would have had a very aggressive raccoon loose in my car which could have injured myself and possibly caused a wreck. At the very least it would have done a lot of damage to the car.
So, I have to say, in its current cheapened form, this trap is a potential danger not only to the animal, but also to the user.
The final motivator for this review was that upon trying to contact the company by clicking contact us or email us in multiple locations on the site, I was sent to the page I have attached from all of them.
I think the trap could be modified to work, and if you have a more placid animal you are trapping, it is functional, but I can no longer recommend at least this, the 1079 Model as it is currently manufactured.
Update: April 20th, tried again.... Destroyed cage & pool of blood was the result..... See pictures. You can even see the hair caught on the cage.
My advice for success: First, open a can of plain tuna fish and place some on a piece of aluminum foil. Put that UNDER the trap near the trigger plate. Don't place food or other objects INSIDE the cage as that just makes a mess when the animal becomes trapped. Also, spill some tuna juice around the trap opening to draw them in. Second, set the trap and place a piece of newspaper over the floor of the trap covering the trigger plate. This is so the cat can't see it and just step over the trigger plate. Third, cover the trap in an oversized towel. Don't cover either end so the cat just thinks it's a tunnel to go through. Keep the cover on during transport as that keeps the animal calm.
This is a great humane animal trap and is very easy to use. It's well made and will bring you many years of use.
The good news is my crazy cat who escaped for three weeks, finally was apprehended after leaving it open*(I used a stick) with food for a few days and then setting it.
It caught him well enough, held him almost perfectly, but the clips that hold the wire panels together were no match for this 6 pound raccoon! Three were rendered useless, the handle was almost destroyed by being bitten. The tray is bent with half of it sticking straight up.
He almost escaped before releasing him, into the woods miles away from our home.
That's another issue. Release is very dangerous since you have to be holding the door as a captured and scared animal is free, to attack its captor. That almost got me hurt badly.
An angry racoons isn't a gently creature!
Most recent customer reviews
First night we put it out we caught something.Read more