Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Havahart 1089 Collapsible One-Door Live Animal Ca...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 37% off the $67.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
- Working on a home project? Need some help? Check out Amazon Home Services and get $30 cash back when you book select services. Learn more
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $8.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Havahart 1089 Collapsible One-Door Live Animal Cage Trap for Raccoon, Stray Cat, Groundhog, Opossum, and Armadillos
|Price:||$57.25 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$10.74 (16%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Constructed of sturdy rust-resistant wire mesh with steel reinforcements for long life and galvanized for maximum resistance to rust and corrosion.
- Mesh openings on Havahart traps are smaller than competing traps of comparable size to prevent escapes and stolen bait. ideal for catching raccoons, stray cats, woodchucks, groundhogs, opossums, armadillos and similar-size nuisance animals.
- Spring loaded door and sensitive trigger sensure quick, secure captures that target the specific animal size, eliminating undesired catches.
- Solid doors and handle guards protect users during transportation, while smoothed internal edges protect and prevent injuries to animals
- Collapsible design folds flat for space saving storage. Made in the U.S.A.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
Havahart Large 1-Door Trap (#1089)
Frustrated by unwelcome animals invading your garden? Easily and safely remove unwanted guests with a Havahart Large 1-Door Trap. Made in the USA, these traps are designed, tested, and used by professional trappers, ensuring a safe and secure catch for you and the nuisance animal.
- Made with a sensitive trigger and smaller mesh opening to prevents any stolen bait.
- Sturdy, high tensile, wire mesh keeps neighborhood pest contained.
- Galvanized steel fights rust and corrosion.
Peace Of Mind
- Spring loaded door that provides a safe, secure catch for not only you, but your troublesome visitor.
- Strong, solid door and large handle guard offers protection during transportation.
- Smoothed internal edges protect and prevent injuries to animals and to you.
Trap at a Glance:
- Constructed of sturdy rust-resistant wire mesh with steel reinforcements.
- Ideal for catching raccoons, stray cats, woodchucks, groundhogs, opossums, and armadillos.
- Spring loaded door and sensitive trigger sensure quick, secure captures.
- Solid doors and handle guards protect users during transportation.
- Collapsible design folds flat for space saving storage.
- Made in the U.S.A.
|Traditional Large Animal Trap||Traditional Large Animal Trap||Traditional Large Animal Trap||Easy Set Large Animal Trap||Easy Set Large Animal Trap||Easy Set Large Animal Trap|
|Trap Opening Dimensions (width x height)||10x12 in.||10x12 in.||10.5x12.5 in.||10x12 in.||10x12 in.||10x12.25 in.|
|Trap Length||32 in.||36 in.||32 in.||32 in.||32 in.||36 in.|
|Animal Sizes (best used for)||Armadillos, Cats, Groundhogs, Muskrats, Opossums, Raccoons, Skunks||Armadillos, Cats, Groundhogs, Opossums, Raccoons||Armadillos, Cats, Groundhogs, Muskrats, Opossums, Raccoons||Armadillos, Cats, Groundhogs, Muskrats, Opossums, Raccoons, Skunks||Armadillos, Cats, Groundhogs, Muskrats, Opossums, Raccoons||Armadillos, Cats, Groundhogs, Muskrats, Opossums, Raccoons|
|No. of Doors||1||2||1||1||1||2|
|Easy Set - One Step Set and Release||✓||✓||✓|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year|
Step-by-Step Trapping Guide
Step 1: Place bait in back of trap
- Armadillos: Meal worms, sardines.
- Groundhogs: Cantaloupe, sweet corn, lettuce.
- Opossums: Vegetables, sweet apples.
- Stray Cats: Fish, sardines, canned tuna.
- Raccoons: Fish, marshmallows.
Step 2: Set the trap
Set the live animal trap in the location of the nuisance animal. You can camouflage the trap by placing twigs and leaves on top. You can also leave an unset baited trap for a few days to entice the animal.
Step 3: Check the trap regularly
Animals can become stressed if caged for long periods of time. Hot and cold weather conditions can also harm the animal.
Top Customer Reviews
One day in an empty house later(save, of course, the trap baited with her very favourite food), we had a VERY unhappy cat in a very sturdy trap.
My only complaints are:
*the carrying handle is too short or the "guard" is too small. She was able to take swipes at me until I covered the trap with a blanket and carried it using a glove.
*the release mechanism is also too uncomfortably close to the unhappy trap-ee. Leather gloves solved this once again.
Otherwise, it worked perfectly!
(By the way, my cat calmed down after about two days and is sitting next to me now, purring)
I also bought a bird dish that hooks onto the wire mesh for a water bowl. I recommend getting one that clamps down as the one I got was knocked off by the larger cats.
Setting up took some careful attention, but it's easy if you take your time and follow the instructions. We live in a somewhat rural setting so having this trap will be very handy. Seems well built and should last a long time.
This trap shipped from Irving, Texas (20 miles from us) so I got it in 2 days.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
When HomeDepot said they didn't stock this groundhog size unit, I drove an extra 25 minutes to Lowe's and bought the last unit they had in stock. Mddel 1092. Read morePublished 12 days ago by Dan
the add says it will trap raccoons....will it did. I have security cameras and I saw him in the trap at 0230 and three hours later he managed to bend the rear door enough to get... Read morePublished 13 days ago by Curt Gutridge
Works safely.....6 homeless cats sent to shelter. (Trick...use catnip to avoid catching raccoons and possums.) No kitties harmed in years of service! :)Published 17 days ago by b5blue
Arrived promptly and satisfactorily. Product is not as sturdy as the non collapsible trap, but should suffice for small animal trapping.Published 21 days ago by Jacqueline
This cage really works, combined with The right bait we used peanuts.
We made a little path outside with peanuts and they took the bait right away. Read more
I purchase this product to try to catch the raccoon that killed all my 5 chickens. For 5 consecutive days, the food will be gone by the morning but no trapped animal. Read morePublished 1 month ago by arnaldo p. hayag
I don't need this very often - but it sure comes in handy! Renting and/or borrowing a similar trap is a pain.Published 1 month ago by Charles A. Bass
This worked well for 1 year. The raccoons were hard on it. This model is not constructed heavy enough to withstand the power of a large raccoon. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Music teacher
The second night after buying this Havahart 1089 cage trap, we caught a raccoon, trap did a good job. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Jerald