Havahart 1089 Collapsible One-Door Live Animal Cage Trap for Raccoon, Stray Cat, Groundhog, Opossum, and Armadillos
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ideal for catching raccoons, stray cats, woodchucks, groundhogs, opossums, armadillos and similar-size nuisance animals
- Made to last - resists rust and corrosion; Dimensions: 32 in x 10 in x 11.63 in
- One spring loaded door
- Collapsible design is ideal for space saving storage
- Made in the USA. Don’t settle for low quality knock-offs that are dangerous to captured animals
- Trigger rod is located outside of the trap so animal cannot damage it while in the trap
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Havahart Large 1-Door Trap (#1089)
Frustrated by unwelcome animals invading your garden? Easily and safely remove unwanted guests with a Havahart Large 1-Door Trap. Made in the USA, these traps are designed, tested, and used by professional trappers, ensuring a safe and secure catch for you and the nuisance animal.
- Made with a sensitive trigger and smaller mesh opening to prevents any stolen bait.
- Sturdy, high tensile, wire mesh keeps neighborhood pest contained.
- Galvanized steel fights rust and corrosion.
Peace Of Mind
- Spring loaded door that provides a safe, secure catch for not only you, but your troublesome visitor.
- Strong, solid door and large handle guard offers protection during transportation.
- Smoothed internal edges protect and prevent injuries to animals and to you.
Trap at a Glance:
- Constructed of sturdy rust-resistant wire mesh with steel reinforcements
- Ideal for catching raccoons, stray cats, woodchucks, groundhogs, opossums, and armadillos
- Spring loaded door and sensitive trigger sensure quick, secure captures
- Solid doors and handle guards protect users during transportation
- Collapsible design folds flat for space saving storage
- Made in the U.S.A.
|Traditional Large Animal Trap||Remote Release Large Animal Cage Trap||Traditional Large Animal Trap||Easy Set Large Animal Trap||Easy Set Large Animal Trap||Easy Set Large Animal Trap|
|Trap Opening Dimensions (width x height)||10x12 in.||10x11 in.||10.5x12.5 in.||10x12 in.||10x12 in.||10x12.25 in.|
|Trap Length||32 in.||37 in.||32 in.||32 in.||32 in.||36 in.|
|Animal Sizes (best used for)||Armadillos, Cats, Groundhogs, Muskrats, Opossums, Raccoons, Skunks||Armadillos, Cats, Groundhogs, Opossums, Raccoons||Armadillos, Cats, Groundhogs, Muskrats, Opossums, Raccoons||Armadillos, Cats, Groundhogs, Muskrats, Opossums, Raccoons, Skunks||Armadillos, Cats, Groundhogs, Muskrats, Opossums, Raccoons||Armadillos, Cats, Groundhogs, Muskrats, Opossums, Raccoons|
|No. of Doors||1||2||1||1||1||2|
|Easy Set - One Step Set and Release||Remote Release Technology||✓||✓||✓|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year|
Step-by-Step Trapping Guide
Step 1: Place bait in back of trap
- Armadillos: Meal worms, sardines.
- Groundhogs: Cantaloupe, sweet corn, lettuce.
- Opossums: Vegetables, sweet apples.
- Stray Cats: Fish, sardines, canned tuna.
- Raccoons: Fish, marshmallows.
Step 2: Set the trap
Set the live animal trap in the location of the nuisance animal. You can camouflage the trap by placing twigs and leaves on top. You can also leave an unset baited trap for a few days to entice the animal.
Step 3: Check the trap regularly
Animals can become stressed if caged for long periods of time. Hot and cold weather conditions can also harm the animal.
The Havahart Collapsible Large 1-Door Animal Trap has a space saving design ideal for easy storage. When ready to use, just lift handle and trap pops into place! Collapsible Havahart traps are constructed of sturdy rust-resistant wire mesh with steel reinforcements for long life and galvanized for maximum resistance to rust and corrosion. Mesh openings on these animal traps are smaller than competing traps of comparable size to prevent escapes and stolen bait. Spring loaded doors and sensitive trigger ensure quick, secure captures that target the specific animal size, eliminating undesired catches. Solid doors and handle guards protect users during transportation, while smoothed internal edges protect and prevent injuries to animals. These live animal traps are used by professional trappers and animal control officers. Made in the U.S.A.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It is very easy to assemble and also to un-assemble in order to store it in my garage. Within a few hours of receiving it... I already had a cat in trap..
The instructions were not all that clear... but it really does not take a lot to figure it out... The cage fills a little weak, especially the "back door" which only has one small bar that locks it in place. The cat did not escape... but the racoon was able to grab the "back door" and pull it inwards bending the bottom rod... and because this "back door" is hinged on the top, after the bottom rod was bent the racoon was able to escape.... I will try to post a picture... What I am doing now is using cable ties in the "back door" to see if that will keep the racoon inside... more to come.
I gave it a 3 because it does work... and the only weakness appears to be that back door rod... and it appears that some cable ties might do the trick...
The only defect is how ultra-sensitive the quick-catch - lock is. It can slip shut from slight vibration like an unwanted wild animal walking nearby, or it can fail and let the varmint enter and eat all the bait goodies and food, then walk away with a full tummy. it is very hard to adjust the locking catch to actually catch the thief!
The cage is sturdy. But beware of the double-entry (opens on both ends so you can insert food dish on the second end). The caught animal can sometimes force open the second end and mangle the cage to escape. We got heavy duty wire that we wound around the second back door to keep it shut tight.
I spoke with Havahart Customer Service this morning 4-25-2012 and hearing my story have decided to issue me a replacement trap at no cost to me as part of their Customer Satisfaction Program. This time I decided to choose a non-collapsible model that I feel that this design is much sturdier and the cats are accustomed to eating from both sides of the cage. I would definitely recommend Havahart to anyone because of the customer experience. Havahart seems willing to help customers achieve their goals with the traps. As for the 1089, I would not recommend that trap if you have a very angry animal you need to trap. That trap is better for animals that are domesticated and calm. Thank you Havahart.