Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Havahart Aluminum Pet Door
|Price:||$54.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Opening size 51/2"W x 71/2"H; outer dimensions: 8"W x 10"H
- Flexible PVC flap with magnetic energy seal
- Installs in three easy steps
- Comes with lockable steel security panel for added security
- For pets 7-15 lbs., including the Chihuahua, King Charles Spaniel, Toy Terriers, Pekingese, Toy Poodles, and Pug
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Havahart Small Aluminum Dog Door
High-quality Aluminum. A Long-lasting Solution.
Eliminate the in-again, out-again routine with a reliable Havahart Aluminum Dog Door. Made with high-quality aluminum, these doors are more durable than Plastic Pet Doors and will stand up to frequent use and high-energy dogs. They are recommended for use indoors, use outdoors with access to covered areas, or outdoors if located in a temperate climate.
No Drilling Required
Installing a Havahart Aluminum Dog Door is simple and does not require drilling. Instructions are included.
Fits Hollow and Solid Doors
All Havahart Aluminum Pet Doors accommodate hollow or solid doors with a thickness of 1.25 to 2.25 inches.
- Reduces Temperature Loss - When your pet enters and exits, the flexible PVC flap uses a magnetic energy seal to help keep heat or air conditioning inside to save on your energy bills.
- Lockable Security Panel - Your Havahart Aluminum Door comes with a steel panel that you can lock for added security when you travel, overnight, or any other time you don't want your pets to use the door.
- Available in Four Sizes - Havahart Aluminum Doors are available in four sizes from small to extra large to accommodate pets up to 220 pounds. The small Aluminum Dog Door has an entrance size of 5 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches and a frame size of 6 5/8 x 8 1/2 inches. This small door will accommodate dogs up to 7 lbs and cats up to 15 lbs.
Other Points to Consider When Choosing Door Size
- How old is your dog? If you have a puppy, choose a door that will accommodate your dog when fully grown. Older dogs may have trouble raising their legs high enough to step through, so be sure to get a door that is large enough, and mount it low enough for easy use.
- How thick is your dog's fur? If your dog has long hair, actual body width may be smaller.
- How many pets do you have? Make sure the door size accommodates all of the pets that will be using it.
What’s In The Box?
(1) Dog Door with PVC Flap, (4) Screws, Measuring Template & Step-By-Step Instructions
Other Points to Consider
How to Choose the Right Size Door
Measure your pet's height and width. To measure height: Measure from the floor to the highest point of the shoulders. The door flap should be at least two inches above the top of the shoulders. Be sure to place your dog door low enough for your pets to step through comfortably. If you place the door too high, it may be too difficult for your dog or cat to step into. And remember, your pet will use the door from both sides, so make sure the height works for both sides of the door. To measure width: Measure your pet at the widest point and add one to two inches for safety.
How to Install
The insert makes it simple to install your Havahart Door in three easy steps. First, use the provided template to draw the outline of the Dog Door. Next, create a starter hole in any corner (a drill is handy for this but not required) and cut along the template outline with a jigsaw. Lastly, mount the Pet Door in place, insert the provided screws and you are finished!
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Havahart 7120 Small Aluminum Pet Door
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Dimensions||10 inches x 2 inches x 8 inches||11.25 inches x 7 inches x 2.25 inches||17.75 inches x 11 inches x 2.25 inches||14 inches x 8 inches x 10 inches|
|Item Weight||2.84 pounds||1.15 pounds||1.6 pounds||1.8 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It was pretty cheaply made we were not impressed and sent this back. Our new one has insulation and keeps the weather hot or cold from coming into the house.Published 10 months ago by Penny
Works like a charm. This is our 2nd door, but the first one lasted for 4 years on a South facing door. Read morePublished 16 months ago by JB
I bought two of these at first, one exposed to the sunroom and one exposed to the outside. The one exposed to outside had the flap break in no more than a week. Read morePublished on May 29, 2014 by Ian Riley
Here's the thing with this doggy door-- I bought one when I first got my dog, and it lasted for two years (great! Read morePublished on December 29, 2013 by Jessixa
Bought this pet door in 2011 after a little over a year the flapper broke and THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR IT. I paid more than $70 for it. Read morePublished on October 20, 2013 by Bari Hadi
I have had this 3 months...... The flap WILL break due to poor design and it Cannot be replaced.....you have to buy entire new unit...... Read morePublished on February 3, 2013 by Endokhan
The frame is very solid, but that's about it. The latch on the security plate broke off day 1. The flap lasted several months before it started to come apart at the top "hinge". Read morePublished on March 28, 2012 by rlrlrlrl
The flap tore right off the door within weeks of installing it. Very disappointed, save your money for something better!!Published on November 21, 2011 by BorderCollieMom