Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 745 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,072 reviews
on October 14, 2009
Mitch Albom has been one of my favorite sportswriters for years; his style is eloquent, yet concise and very witty. His words are well-chosen when he writes and this particular effort is no exception. It's terrific.

This is a remarkable, true story of contrast, of two men of God; one an aging rabbi, and the other, an African American pastor working in a ghetto. Two men---two different faiths; two entirely different backgrounds. In the end, the message is clear: Faith ties us closely together and can give us the chance to accomplish things we never dreamed possible.

Albom's anecdotal tale of his own personal experience with faith---losing it and regaining it---carries an inspirational message for anyone, regardless of religious affiliation, or lack thereof. We come away with a better understanding of how life can be so meaningful, if we'll only give it a chance.

Read this book; you'll be moved, as I was.
33 comments| 230 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 12, 2015
Positively LOVED this book. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this is quite possibly my favorite Mitch Albom book -- and I've read them all!

This is not a fiction story. It is a real story of two men -- a rabbi and a Christian minister -- cleverly woven together by the author. It is the story of not just having faith in God or yourself, but in other people as well. People aren't always what we think they are at first glance (or second, or third...) but if we give them a chance, we will see them for who they truly are at heart.

As usual, Albom writes with sensitivity, love, and the entire range of human emotion. This is definitely a must-read for anyone that is human.
on June 27, 2016
Mitch Albom creates a beautiful story based on two diverse characters from two religions and creates the link that goes back thousands of years through the act of faith in God. It's a book worth reading in this day and age where diversity is predominantly visible even in areas where common grounds can be sought.
It's wonderful how Albom depicts the unselfish nature in which the two characters reach out to people of walks of life irrespective of status.
on July 4, 2017
This book will make you laugh and cry. It will make you reexamine your own faith and your life. Mitch Albom did the world a favor with this beautiful story of a journey with two men who took very different paths but still introduced so many others to God.
on April 4, 2014
Have a Little faith was an incredibly thought provoking read! Mitch Album has always been a inspiring author, he uses his own experiences to help his readers ponder the subjects of his novels and Have a Little Faith was no exception. As Album went on this journey with his former Rabbi and eventually Henry he takes the audience with him. Albums upbringing in the Jewish faith and his Rabbi’s life long commitment melded gently with Henry’s troubled childhood and his eventual conversion to the Christian faith, creating a novel that connects with anyone of any faith or lack thereof. For me some of the most thought provoking sections of the novel revolved around the Rebs interaction with Mitch. There were simple lessons taught that varied from “ Faith is about doing. You are how you act, not just how you believe.” (pg 44) to extensive lessons about faith that the audience learned from Henry’s life “ Henry asked God that night why he hadn't died as a baby. A light flickered and caught his eye and his gaze fell on the Bible. He opened it to a page from the Book of Job, where Job curses the day of his birth. It was the first time he ever felt the Lord talking to him. But he didn't listen.” (pg.60). I enjoyed the book mainly because there was something to learn from each character and the lessons were as subtle as they are in real life. It was very easy to relate to and similar to Albums other novels you become engrossed in the people, their stories and experiences. The only complaint that I have about the novel is that is could get a little slow, but there is always a lesson waiting a page away.
on October 20, 2009
Have a Little Faith is a wonderful story of Mitch Albom and his rabbi and a long journey they shared as the rabbi was preparing to die. Albom is a terrific storyteller and is transparent about his own doubts regarding his faith and death. Very interesting read that inspires you to think about your own life and faith, even if you don't have any religious faith. If you do have a strong faith, this will inspire you to do something with that faith. Mitch Albom starts and runs non-profit organizations; do you or I? If faith without works is dead, he is at least showing us what demonstrating faith might look like.

Great gift and great read for a book club group. A+++++++++ (he is also a terrific speaker in person and is touring; if you get a chance to see him, do it)
on February 8, 2017
I have read several of Mitch Albom's books and each one is better than the last. I had the pleasure of hearing Mr. Alvin speak many years ago at George Mason University. It was an experience I will never forget and I have spoken of it on occasion, most recently to my father who recently lost the love of his life to a long battle with cancer. I was fortunate enough to have Mr. Albom autograph a couple of his books for me at the GYM booklets. I gave a signed copy of The Five People You'll Meet In Heaven to my mother. I asked my father to read it, and told him
on November 10, 2016
Really enjoyed this book and Albom’s ability to appreciate the extraordinary within people. The dual narratives work well showing drastically different paths of faith that rest on the same base. Despite the religious underpinnings, there is little preachiness. I would highly recommend this book to anyone with an interest in faith.
on April 4, 2013
This is a book about religion and tolerance and having faith. It's written by a man who I consider to be one of the best writers living today. It's meant to evoke emotion and make the reader take a step back and consider themselves, especially their beliefs, values, and relationships.

It's a good book for anyone of any religious belief or no religious belief or questioning religious belief. It is not a book that tries to impose anything on the reader. It's a non-fiction compilation of things that the author learned about and from two religious figures in his life, and the extension of those influences throughout his life.

Have a Little Faith is extremely moving. I cried several times during many parts of the story and was genuinely inspired by many parts as well. It has many applicable quotes and messages of wisdom for readers today, completely regardless of what religion the reader is or is not. This book is a learning experience written in a powerful but relatively short manner, but every word is important and it is definitely a book that was created for a purpose. It is innocuous but powerful; if it were possible for everyone in the world to sit down and read this book together, we would all surely come out with a lot more understanding of one another and a lot more respect for others and ourselves, and the differences that distinguish us and cause conflict.

It's really one of the best books I have ever read, and I think about it often when I feel unsure about myself or feel like I need to be more steadfast in my beliefs or more considerate of others'. I would definitely recommend this to anyone, ever, and I truly think that reading this book changes the reader for the better.
on January 6, 2013
To me it seems amazing that something so real could also seem as if the whole story was made up in someone's head. I enjoy quite a few of Mitch Alborn's books, and this is no exception. Alborn has a distinct writing style that is easy for anyone to read. It flows into one piece and there aren't many parts you need to read over and over again to understand what the author was attempting to say.

Have a Little Faith is about a man (Mitch Alborn) who grew up in a very religious setting and had a lot of opportunities to be successful. After he "grew up" he did become successful, but he moved away from where he grew up and left his faith behind with him. The small traditions and rules that he had known no longer matter to him. He only returned to his home of New Jersey once a year to attend the High Holiday Service at the synagogue he grew up in. At one of these reunions the Rabbi approached him and asked him to write his eulogy. Alborn writes, "And as is often the case with faith, I thought I was being asked a favor, when in fact I was being given one."

This book has three parallel stories that obviously will intertwine and complete each other as you read it. There is one in the present tense as Mitch Alborn slowly becomes stronger in his faith and learns more and more about this man he had been intimidated by his whole life. The other two are of the past. One is the childhood of Mitch that helps explain a lot of what is happening at the time. The second one is of a man known as Henry. At first his story seems quite out of place and insignificant. Once you read the end of this book, however, you realize that it made all the difference.

I would recommend this book to anyone enjoys books with a very prominent meaning. If you want to be given a different perspective of life and inspiration and motivation to perhaps live your life differently, read this and it will make you think. It will make you think of what is really important in life and what really matters here on Earth.