- File Size: 422 KB
- Print Length: 127 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Prism Book Group (September 30, 2016)
- Publication Date: September 30, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01LBO2MOA
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#2,002,448 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #1797 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Christian
- #4026 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Romance > Contemporary
- #6509 in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Contemporary
A Haven in the Woods Kindle Edition
|Length: 127 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
When he goes to his parents for Christmas, she has the baby alone. He returns, and she wants very little to do with the child. As soon as she has strength, she leaves, and Robert finds himself taking care of the infant.
He falls in love with the baby and tracts Ellen down so she’ll give him permission to adopt baby Ruth. After years of being hurt by men, Ellen discovers Robert isn’t the do-gooder she thought, but a man she could love.
Ms. Bolton delivers a great romance in this short novella which is part of the Love Is series.
Robert is one of those too-good-to-be-true superheroes I adore. Yes, he has grown from a wounded heart, yes he’s stubborn, but that’s what gets him back on the road to life. Who doesn’t love a man who’s willing to give everything for an infant? Ellen comes from a bubble that is difficult to break from, and yet, when she does manage to free herself, she realizes that freedom can have overwhelming consequences. As a faith-filled couple, they are better at facing life head-on, meeting their obligations and serving the Lord with joy together.
Bolton’s lush setting paints a perfect backdrop for these people who learn that protecting each other, no matter who they came together, as well as living under the protection of God’s wings, makes life worth living. Told in multiple viewpoints from the perspectives of the main characters, this sweet novella clips right along at a quick pace. Full and satisfying, readers will root for both Robert and Ellen, even in the darkest moments.
Things don't go as planned. Her isolation is destroyed by Robert who lives nearby and comes to her rescue. As her home falls apart and a terrible winter storm descends, he takes her and her cat into his home with him and his dog. The potential makings of a love story.
But Ellen isn't in the mood to be loved or trust a man and she keeps Robert at arms length. He, however, falls for the unborn baby and tries everything he can to help Ellen as she nears delivery. I don't want to give away the story but lets just say he really has to work for this and is an example of love that protects, no matter what. Great story.
Ellen was interesting and I'm glad she was an imperfect and flawed character. It felt good that she didn't do the things that I expected her to do. This story had so much depth that I was sad to see it end. Great story and definitely worth every minute of my time.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Christian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Romance > Contemporary