4 Year Housewares Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered for portable products and power surges covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
Hawkins Contura Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker For Induction, Gas And Electric Stoves (1.5 Liter)
|Price:||+ $20.00 shipping|
|You Save:||$9.93 (17%)|
|Item Weight||1270 Grams|
|Is Dishwasher Safe||No|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Made from superior surgical grade non-magnetic stainless steel (18Cr/8Ni, AISI 304) Stays bright, does not pit or corrode, is extremely hygienic, Lid Type: Inner Lid
- 6.6 mm thick sandwich bottom heats evenly, no hotspots
- Curved body for easy stirring, Pressure-locked safety lid - cannot be opened while there is pressure inside
- Safety valve under the handle bar for greater safety, Gasket lasts longer since it is not rubbed sideways
- Easy to clean, stays looking new for years. Package Contents: 1-Piece Pressure Cooker with Rubber Gasket, Vent Weight, Guarantee Card, Cookbook, Service Centre Directory and Grid
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Stainless Steel Hawkins Contura Pressure Cooker
The body and lid are made from superior grade AISI 304 non-magnetic stainless steel. The cooker has an external base of AISI 430 grade magnetic stainless steel which makes it induction compatible.
It has a 6.6 mm thick sandwich bottom to ensure uniform heating and no hotspots. The base always stays flat and never bulges. The cooker body has curved sides for easy stirring. It stays bright, does not pit or corrode, is extremely hygienic and stays looking new for years. Suitable for use on all domestic gas, electric, halogen, ceramic and induction cooktops.
Compare with similar items
Hawkins Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker, 1.5 Liter, Silver
Hawkins CB15 Hard Anodised Pressure Cooker, 1.5-Liter, Contura Black
Hawkins B60 Pressure Cooker, 3 L, Silver
Prestige 2L Alpha Deluxe Induction Base Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker, 2.0-Liter
Prestige 3L Alpha Deluxe Induction Base Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker, 3.0-Liter
|Sold By||Amazing Global sales||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||12.68 x 7.32 x 5.55 inches||13 x 17 x 32 inches||11.5 x 6.5 x 5 inches||14.24 x 8.5 x 7.6 inches||13 x 6 x 8 inches||15 x 8 x 8 inches|
|Item Weight||2.80 lbs||2.71 lbs||3.00 lbs||5.73 lbs||3.60 lbs||4.60 lbs|
|Material||stainless steel||Stainless Steel||Hard-Anodized Aluminum||stainless_steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Size||1.5 Liter||1.5 Liter||1.5-Liter||3 L||2.0-Liter||3.0-Liter|
Hawkins Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker: The body and lid are made from superior grade AISI 304 non-magnetic stainless steel. The cooker has an external base of AISI 430 grade magnetic stainless steel which makes it induction compatible. It has a 6.6 mm thick sandwich bottom to ensure uniform heating and no hotspots. The base always stays flat and never bulges. The cooker body has curved sides for easy stirring. It stays bright, does not pit or corrode, is extremely hygienic and stays looking new for years. Suitable for use on all domestic gas, electric, halogen, ceramic and induction cooktops.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
However, I have several deal-breaking problems with it.
First, the pressure release happens very suddenly and violently. Instead of releasing a small/tiny amount often, it releases a huge amount infrequently.
It doesn't matter much what setting my induction stove is on. The pressure build and then, Krakatoa. Then, I have to get the cat's claws released from the ceiling, and grab a new pair of undies. It's violent, and extremely loud.
There should not be hysteresis in the pressure! The weigh thingy has some grab to it, instead of just being a dead weight.
Also, when it blows, the pressure inside drops a lot, and then starts building again. So temperature/pressure is varying a lot instead of being constant, which is what you want.
Also, there is a very metallic smell to it, that I can't seem to get rid of. My rice smelled and tasted like metal even after washing/cleaning with everything I could think of, like baking soda, soap, and vinegar in succession.
For the rather exorbitant price, I expect it to work without breaking the sound barrier, and making my food taste horrible.
It's a good buy if you either want to waste time returning it, or work on the serious problem of trying to fill our landfills.
But don't cook with it.
Then it got speckle stained, not removable by soap water, nor it is raised from the surface.The cooker was never put to abrasion.So, possibly the surface is damaged through cooking, leaching Chromium. The importer and the Hawkins company have been informed through mail.We are waiting for the response.
So, beware of those being sold in USA. We have long been using these in India, with no issue at all.
Top reviews from other countries
Reviewed in India on October 7, 2019
See attached photos.
Reviewed in India on February 14, 2020
See attached photos.