Hayabusa Lightweight Jiu Jitsu Gi
- MATERIAL: Jacket: 420-gsm pearl-weave cotton, Pants: 8oz ripstop cotton-polyester blend with drawstring providing the perfect IBJJF compliant BJJ kimono for training or competition. (IBJJF compliant colors: white, blue, black)
- DURABILITY/QUALITY: The lightweight gi has reinforced seams to withstand years of strenuous training and competitions. Its subtle design focuses on fit, feel, and function.
- FEEL: The premium fabric was stitched using a pearl weave, which is light, durable, and perfect for those hot extended grappling sessions.
- FIT: See product description below for SIZE CHART. Weights may vary: A0 - 2.7lbs, A1 - 2.9lbs, A2 - 3lbs, A3 - 3.1lbs, A4 - 3.5lbs, A5- 3.4lbs.
- CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Pre-treated to prevent color fade. Wash Cold and Hang to Dry. Your gi is pre-washed which helps hold color and continue to maintain fabric integrity ensuring the same comfort and feel wash after wash. Keep in mind that pre-washed is different than pre-shrunk to avoid shrinkage wash in cold water and hang dry.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Meticulous attention to detail ensures perfection in every aspect of this gi’s design. Lightweight pearl weave for comfort without restriction. Reinforced stress areas and the finest cotton for strength and durability. Intricately stitched and detailed for both function and style.
WHY WE MADE IT
The rise to excellence. Being better today than yesterday. These are goals that both Hayabusa and the Jiu Jitsu practitioner strive to achieve. With hand-crafted designs using premium materials and state of the art manufacturing, you can expect perfection when you roll in Hayabusa.
- Ultra lightweight for ultimate comfort and maneuverability
- Jacket is constructed with a 420-gsm pearl weave cotton
- 8oz. ripstop cotton-polyester blend pants for superior strength and durability
- Reinforced stress areas throughout the jacket and pants
- Patches and embroidery on lapel, chest, shoulders and back and legs
WHAT PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY ABOUT IT
"This is my new favorite Gi! Fits perfectly and looks great!"
"Perfect fit, not too tight not too loose, spots that would get gripped often are very durable, great gi."
" Fit, quality, light weight, detail. I love this gi."
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Package Dimensions : 14.65 x 13.27 x 3.39 inches; 8 Ounces
- Department : Unisex-adult
- Date First Available : June 30, 2017
- Manufacturer : Hayabusa
- ASIN : B073JT8NNZ
Best Sellers Rank:
#53,946 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
- #12 in Jiu-Jitsu Uniform Sets
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The pants are and will be your worst problem. Dont get me wrong, the weight, fit, feel and looks are spectacular. BUT, for some reason, no matter what you wear underneath and no matter how tight I tie the drawstring these manage to slip down your backside. I also use this Gi for Karate as I like a heavier than cotton weight and its still perfect for summer useage. This isn't too heavy and it breathes well. Five stars for comfort, fit and durability. It also doesn't shrink too much (I accidentally put it in the dryer on warm tumble) or fade/lose stitching. I'd pay the 99$ just for the kimono personally as its non restrictive and doesn't choke your pits to death. I just wish they would focus on the ride of the pants and their mobility.
1. I am 5ft 11, 185lbs. The size chart recommended A2 and I went with that recommendation. The pants are OK, maybe if they were tapered they would be even better, but they fit me good. However, the gi top is somewhat large and the sleeves a bit long; I think it will get shrunk in time if I machine dry it a few times. This may not be a big deal for me, but it is worth to mention.
2. I ordered the white one and the top is NOT the same color as the bottom! The top is a bright white (with a subtle blue nuance) and the pants are yellowish. I think it would have been great if they were the same color.
This gi does not come with a belt but for me, it was not a deal-breaker. Overall I am satisfied with this purchase, I will see how it will stand the test of time and if necessary I will come back and update the review.
I'm going to have a hard time trying out new brands of gis because Hayabusa made me so darn happy with the two that I own. My other 4 gis from different brands simply aren't as nice (and two of them were more expensive than the Goorudo). I honestly don't think you can go wrong making this purchase.
Original: First off, I want to say that the feel and style of the Gi is amazing. I would have given it a 5 if that were considered only. However, after rolling in this Gi no more than 5 times ( with 1 cold/cold wash with hang dry), literally every single seem across the entirety of both pieces is either loose or has completely started to come apart. Having paid $130 for a Gi which, in less than a week of use, has already started falling apart is completely unacceptable. I paid 50$ for my Venum Gi whose seams are in better shape now, after a year of use, than my brand new Hayabusa. While I would love this Gi if this wasn't happening, I won't be buying another Hayabusa in the future. Hugely disappointed.
Top reviews from other countries
The pants as a few comments below don't have much give around the ass, perfect length, but quite tight around the ass/quads, Leads to them sliding down when rolling if not tied tight enough. Guess it's less material for people to grip!
All around would recommend!
What I dislike is that I was in between sizes and would’ve preferred going to an A3 instead of an A4 being 6’ Ft 225-235.
I did purposely try and shrink it a bit and so now it fits perfect.
One thing I wish it had was a rash guard on the inside I train with no T shirt underneath and you can get a rash sometimes goes away pretty fast.