Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $25.24 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Asurion Lawn & Garden Extended Protection Plan 4 Yearfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and coverage begins at the end of the manufacturer's labor warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Hayward RC9990GR TigerShark QC Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner with Quick Clean Technology
|Price:||$929.44 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Perfect for residential pools up to 20' x 40'
- Patented Quick Clean technology provides a fast 90 minute cycle.
- Built with an efficient 24-volt motor designed to use less energy and lower cost
- On-board pump for intense vacuum power to suck up dirt and debris
- Cleanup is easy with the patented filter cartridge system - just remove and rinse with a garden hose
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Save up to 94-percent on energy costs with TigerShark robotic cleaners. Our energy-efficient tigershark uses less energy vs most pressure cleaners and has been selling worldwide for 40 years. Its efficient cleaning pattern covers the entire pool including the bottom and sides, all the way to the tile line. Easy to use and operate, all you do is take it out of the box, plug it in and you're ready to go no additional tools required. It's even equipped with a convenient shut-off function, automatically powering down at the end of its three-hour cleaning cycle. Utilizing its on-board smart computer, it calculates the size of your pool for a programmed energy efficient cleaning pattern for a spotless clean pool every time. This advanced portable cleaner brushes and scrubs while it vacuums reaching everywhere in your pool including the bottom, sides and steps. It also features an easy to clean reinforced cartridge element, which means no more bags yet another attribute. As an additional safety measure, all TigerShark's feature a 24 DC volt, energy efficient motor.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My particulars: I have a modest-sized pool, around 19,000 gallons and all curves. I wanted something that would ingest acorns (they rain down from an oak tree during the fall and early winter). I also wanted a vacuum separate from the pool filtration system (acorns and mini-branches would clog my pool's filtration system), would get fine dirt that tends to settle in the deep end and clean the pool tile that collects tree debris.
This vacuum has fulfilled every expectation. It has been worth every dollar and significantly improved the quality of my life from its ease of use and effectiveness. If you can maintain the other aspects of your pool, it will pay for the pool guy in under a year. Go ahead: drop your service and buy this thing.
It cleans 99% of the pool 100% of the time. There is another model (+~$200) that comes with a remote control. As the reviewer said for that item, I have not found a remote control model necessary. (Keep in mind this model is not compatible with a remote control in case you're thinking about buying one later.)
I find it mildly amusing that so many people (in their reviews, anyway) are disappointed that robotic vacs won't clean all the steps. This one cleans my bottom step just fine, but to expect more is not reasonable. The thing has to be submerged! How could it possibly clean higher steps?
If your filters are not clogged with mud or whatever else (typically the fine debris degrades performance the most), this thing has so much power it will easily latch onto and crawl up every wall in your pool. Occasionally while cleaning tiles it will climb too high but rights itself eventually and continues with no problems.
It has never entangled itself in the cord or become incapacitated from impossible positioning.
This model has one cycle of four hours. There is no "quick clean" one-hour cycle like some other models.
My only real gripe has to do with what sometimes happens while removing it from the pool. The entry port for the debris on the underside has two mini-flap doors which open during vacuuming. The force of suction opens these doors. When the vacuum is turned off, the idea is these flap doors close, thereby trapping the debris inside the debris container. Problem is that small sticks sometimes get stuck in these flap doors such that whilst removing the vacuum from the pool, some debris escapes. Other types of debris do not cause this problem.
Cleaning the filters is quite easy. In fact, I've discovered that if I let them dry before cleaning, the debris pops out so easily just by tapping the dried filters with my fingers. So much easier than spraying them clean. 30 seconds, tops.
The unit has a one-year warranty.
I emailed customer service and they replied within an hour. Astonishing. I did try to call once but was listening to "hold" music for over 10 minutes. Just hung up and emailed. Voila.
Perfect? Nearly. And worth every penny.
1. Construction/Reliability: This product seems to be quite well engineered and solid. It doesn't have obvious signs of using cheap materials. So that is a very big plus. Even though it's only been one year, I've had no problems with it at all. So reliability top-notch so far. The cord is plenty long and well constructed. One time the cord got caught in the rollers, but it did not damage anything on the cord or cleaner. In fact the cleaner must have sensed it and shut itself off to protect the electronics. Also note that the cord is not on a swivel/pivot (like my old cleaner had). That would be a nice-to-have feature, but honestly it seems to work just as well and the cord is relatively tangle-free anyway.
2. Filter: I think I like the filter approach based on this product. My old cleaner used a bag. The filters have held up very well over the past year and show very little wear. I just run them under the water spigot and tap them on the edges to remove debris. Takes a few cycles of rinse/tap, repeat, but they are clean pretty quickly. It's very easy to insert them into the machine and take them out. Another nice feature is that when I lift the cleaner out of the pool, the debris stays in the cleaner instead of dumping back into the pool when it is full (like my old cleaner always did).
3. Capacity: This is a sore point for me. Perhaps I'm spoiled because my old pool cleaners (Blue Diamond, and a Polaris) used a filter bag and had a rather large capacity overall. So it was very easy to use for large storm clean-ups. However, the compartment in the TS just isn't that big. It's certainly big enough for day to day, week to week cleanup, but it doesn't do well for storm or spring cleanup. You'd just have to run it way too many times for a few minutes each because it would fill up quickly. Also, the slots that vacuum the debris are a little on the small side. I found that taking the "guards" off them helped a bit in picking up slightly more debris, yet didn't seem to affect the performance otherwise. So if you're OK cleaning major messes in your pool via an alternate method (manually or with some other cheap vacuum) this won't bother you at all.
4. Cleaning: Yes, it cleans just fine. I have no complaints. It doesn't get stuck on anything. My old Polaris got stuck all the time and my old BD often got stuck. Yet, I don't think this one has ever gotten stuck on the stairs or ladder. It's filtration is pretty much on par with the Blue Diamond and far superior to the old Polaris.
5. Controls: The box with the internals seems well made and water proof. It has a quick clean and a regular cycle. I normally use the regular cycle though. I think it may hit the walls more often, which is important to me with the plaster finish I have. Now there is one nit-pick item I do not like though and it really is quite minor and should not affect your decision, but it still irritates me. There is a waterproof rubber-like covering over the power switch to keep it dry. That's good. However, I notice as the temperature goes down that thing can be down right impossible to press because the rubber/plastic gets so stiff and barely moves. I feel like I've nearly sprang my thumb trying to power it on/off at those colder times, so I finally learned to keep a small screwdriver near by and I use the rounded butt of the screwdriver to press on the power switch and can usually get it work using that method. Again, when the weather is warm, maybe over 65-70 degrees or so it's not a big deal, but I keep my pool open for an extended season and often run it late at night or early morning when the temps can fall below that. I can't believe I've deovoted so many words of my review to this one tiny feature. But don't let my ranting over this influence your decision too much.
6. Rollers: They seem to work OK. My old Blue Diamond had a really cool material on the rollers that I feel really scrubbed well. The TS is more like plastic/rubber fins so it still does fine, but probably not quite as good as the BD did. I hope they last. They don't show any signs of wear after one year, but it will require more time to tell.
I would recommend not leaving the TS in the water all the time. I don't think that's good for these cleaners in general (applies to any cleaner). I usually take mine out right after the cleaning cycle. I never put it into the pool when it's being shocked either. So treat it right. But overall I give my blessing to this pool cleaner and I rate it better than the other two brands I've used over the past 12 years. At this time I feel it will give me years of trouble-free service (that was actually my most important buying criteria for an automatic pool cleaner after having one that broke down all the time and left me with a nearly unusable pool for sometimes months at a time while I shipped it to the only authorized service center available). This cleaner does a very good job of overall cleaning, including easily climbing the walls too. It's only faults are really quite minor in the scheme of things and it would have gotten 5 stars instead of 4 if it had a slightly larger capacity and vacuum slots and a more easily operable power switch. I highly recommend this cleaner.
A few weeks after I bought the TigerShark my backwash valve started leaking when I run the pool pump. Yikes, I was in the middle of adjusting the chemicals for a stain treatment and had no chlorine in the pool. I couldn't run the pump because it leaked water and adding more water would mess up my chemical balance. Along came the TigerShark, with a little bit of daily brushing and a full cycle each day the pool has stayed nice and blue. With no chlorine at all (0 ppm) and no pump or filtration system running for 4 days!!! The TigerShark is the best pool accessory purchase I have ever made. Fire your pool boy and get one!
Most recent customer reviews
After 1.5 seasons, the seam between the light grey and dark gray section on one side split.Read more