Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning GimmeDanger GimmeDanger GimmeDanger  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Elton John Shop Now STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 12, 2011, 9:34:49 AM PDT
Zann says:
Can someone tell me what happened to Hazel. At the end of season 5 she's there. Then in Season 6 she's not. I felt like I missed an episode somewhere. SPOILER - they do say she died but no other explanation.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011, 7:29:26 PM PST
K. Kaun says:
She died of the spanish flu in Series 4, just as World War One came to a close. A tragic loss to the series, in my opinion. She was my favorite character.

Posted on Dec 29, 2011, 9:43:09 AM PST
William says:
Yes, Spanish Flu, or a lung infection resulting therefrom. In the days before antibiotics, pneumonia was an extremely serious business in patients of all ages, not just the elderly and those with suppressed immune systems. As soon as Georgina came down to the morning room and told the family that Hazel's breathing was getting really noisy, a little black flag went up in the back of my mind.

Posted on Feb 23, 2012, 4:01:27 PM PST
There is no Series 6. The new series is actually Series 1 of an all new series that takes place after the old series (represented by this set) takes place.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2013, 7:48:31 PM PDT
Joanna D. says:
Do you know, when I was a student in grad school, I was addicted this series. I watched the episode you refer to and felt as much shock over Hazel as if she'd been a real person. She was also my fave character.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Oct 12, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 25, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about