Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 6, 2013
It is for all intents and purposes the same sil-pin I bought my husband for Chistmas years ago, which recently broke due to some mistreatment on my part. Unlike the older version which came with markings for measuring the diameter of a pie crust this one has no markings whatsoever. Whether this is an asset or a detriment is your call. The pin is a bit pricey but I feel it is worth it for the ease of cleanup and how it reduces dusting flour usage [You rub flour on the pin, not the pastry - it is the perfect light non-stick layer]. This pin has one serious concern and that is knives. Knives should be kept as far away from it as possible.
on December 24, 2006
I'm a grandma so I have lots of decades of baking under my belt & I was one with my beautiful heavy fruitwood rolling pin. I now use it to crush walnuts & pecans. I LOVE this rolling pin. Even with the wood pin I didn't use the handles as I could manipulate it better by pressing on the solid part. Now this new pin is perfect. It, as stated, does not stick or you can roll a (floured) item, run/pass your hand back and forth once to lightly flour it (if nec-passing over the pin quickly fingers all the way around between rolls) Pressing down on it is softer on your hands than when you have to heavily roll with the hard wooden one. It is a satisfying long length and such an easy cleanup! I love it. Brilliant!
11 helpful votes
12 helpful votes
on March 10, 2008
This is a great rolling pin. I would have rated this a five star, but it take some practice to get use to it. Now I like it better than my old pin that had handles.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on February 11, 2014
This is the best rolling pin to buy. So many people buy the one with the handles and whatnot. This is easy to clean and the most universal pin to have. I use it for cookies, tortillas, pastales etc. i strongly recommend this product.
on January 12, 2014
Fabulous rolling pin! Large enough for most any task, never sticks (at least not in my hands), AND dishwasher safe. I have used this for rolling pie/crostada dough at least 15 times and pizza dough twice, and I have no complaints.
on September 29, 2016
Love it
on December 14, 2013
This rolling pin allows a fine smooth finish. No handle to get in the way. Its the best one I've had in years.
on August 9, 2013
Using the Sil-Pin is the easiest way to roll your pie crust, no sticking. You can use it for rolling cookies and dumplins too.
on March 6, 2013
This rolling pin is amazing. I bought it for me, but my grandkids (Ages 4-11) find it easy to use also. It is expensive, but worth every penny.
on April 30, 2010
I went from a regular old wooden pin to this one for rolling out my fondant. Was a great upgrade. Nothing sticks to it, easy to clean. The red is nice as well. I bought rings for it and those works well also.
2 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.