Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 158 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 180 reviews
on April 1, 2014
Last year I was lucky enough to see Christina Perri live as she was the opening act for Jason Mraz. I didn't really know who she was at the time, but after seeing her and hearing her, I was a fan! She is GREAT! This album is a fantastic and beautiful album from the talented Christina Perri. Well worth buying, just as good if not better than her first album. Every song on the cd has melody, structure and they all seem to flow together beautifuly. They are all very well written, too, and they each have a story to tell. There's not a bad song on the whole cd! Probably my favorite song so far is "burning gold." The cd has a really pleasant, natural melodic flow to it, and Christiana's beautiful voice always conveys just the emotion she's looking for. All in all, if you liked her first cd, this one is a must have as well! Great!
VINE VOICEon April 4, 2014
This sophomore effort does not disappoint. Head or Heart is a good follow-up to Lovestrong. All of the songs are good. There is no dud in the album. The standouts are Human, I Believe, and Trust. Some of the songs - Burning Gold, One Night, and By My Forever - are also quite catchy. This album is more triumphant than Lovestrong and it really is a very different album. It's so hard to compare the two. The issue for me is that there is no song that matches the intensity and pain of Jar of Hearts and there is nothing quite like Arms or The Lonely either. Those songs of heartbreak and vulnerability drew me (and many other people, I think) to Christina Perri. I don't think any song on Head or Heart has that level of passion. Thus, for me, Lovestrong is the superior album because it just exudes emotion. Nevertheless, Head or Heart is still very good and I can't fault the album for being overall a more upbeat album. It's just that it's happy. Whereas Lovestrong speaks to really raw emotions in a unique and special way. Heard or Heart just doesn't match that, even though it really is a very good album.
on April 1, 2014
Christina Perri is a marvelously talented singer. I've been looking forward to this album for months, and it was more than worth the wait. Her voice is stronger, lyrics tighter, production perfect. lovestrong. was a great first album (and luckily I got to see Perri live for the lovestrong. tour; I really recommend her shows--she sounds even better live), but I think Head or Heart is even better than lovestrong. This album shows her growth as a songwriter and I love that she isn't sticking to one sound. She's clearly grown as a person, so her music has evolved as well. A+
on March 24, 2017
Christina Perry has an amazing voice. I recommend checking out her songs on YouTube, Amazon, or Spotify if you don't know her work. I had to have the album, some great songs on there. Sometimes I will just get an MP3 if I only like a song or two on an album. With this one, I liked the album and hence got the CD.
on April 4, 2014
So, I'll be the first to say that I had some issues with Mrs. Perri's first album. It just felt very rushed and lyric wise it suffered from that.I assumed it was from her record company pushing for a product to sell after the surprising popularity of "Jar of Hearts". I also believe that many of the songs were written when Christina was a bit younger and a little less skilled.

However, on to "Head or Heart". Taking a completely different stance from her first, Christina actually pushed back this album release a full month because she wanted to make sure it was "ready". The wait was totally worth it.

*Review*

Musically the album contains everything from stomping power pop "Burning Gold", "I Don't Wanna Break" to beautiful slow ballads "Human", "I Believe", "Trust" to fun bouncy numbers "Be My Forever".

Vocally, not surprising, Christina's pretty voice is easily heard with out being overpowering.

Lyrically this album shows how much she's grown as a songwriter. Gone are the fumbled but earnest words of her past, Christina is able to craft accessible yet emotionally open songs. Some will make you want to dance, some will make you want to cry. Other's will make you want sit and relax, drinking in her soft words. She manages to cooperate all these very diverse ideals effectively.

The record industry seems to have this idea that popular music needs to be nothing but shallow emotions written without a scant of artist credibility. "Head or Heart" proves that opposite of this can be more rewarding in the long run.This coming from someone who doesn't consider herself a huge pop music fan. (More a fan of artist like "Tori Amos" or "Pj Harvey).

If you enjoyed her first album, it goes without saying that this is worth a purchase. If you're questioning if this album is worth picking up having never heard of her, if you enjoy talented singer-songwriters who aren't afraid to use well crafted pop music to their advantage...It's totally worth it.
on May 21, 2014
At first, it took me a while to appreciate all of her songs from "Lovestrong" but with "Arms", "Distance", and "Jar of Hearts", I was compelled to buy the album. Since then I grew to really like "Miles, Sad Songs" and the rest of the album. It was enough to buy "head or heart" on day one. I have heard "Human and Burning Gold" on youtube but I was still really worried I was set up for a disappointment. Since getting the album, I have been super impressed with Christina's second effort. In "head or heart", you still get her signature ballads like "Sea of Lovers", "Human" and "Burning Gold", but some more faster or upbeat songs like "I don't wanna break" and "Be my forever".

Some people will never give Christina a chance because her most famous song is "A Thousand Years" from the Twilight Saga, but she is a serious artist and over time, her voice and her songs will really really grow on you. Its pure voice and talent and once you see her in concert, you will be impressed with her personality and her passion in her songs. On top of all of this, she is super humble and funny in concert, which makes her a treasure in my book.
on February 6, 2017
I bought this album because I liked the song The Words, which I first saw on the music video, only to find the album version of the song isn't the same as the music video, it's the B role version, which is a total let down from the amazing recording used for the music video. I'm so disappointed!!! They didn't even include the alternative version on the album. What a total letdown from an artist I've always loved.
VINE VOICEon June 17, 2014
Christina Peri's new album is a great follow up to her debut CD and Christmas CD. Her melodic voice and clever lyrics continue to amaze me. Her music is mello without sounding like something for old people. I don't think she gets the promotion she deserves especially after her hit with "Jar of Hearts" and "For 1,000 Years".
on July 10, 2014
My daughter and I saw Christina Perri at The Wiltern in Los Angeles. She put on an Amazing Concert! I purchased this CD and one or two of her others, and like them all! My daughter's favorite song is "Human" and I really like "Be My Forever" and "I Believe" although really, all the songs are good!
1. "Trust"
2. "Burning Gold"
3. "Be My Forever" (featuring Ed Sheeran)
4. "Human"
5. "One Night"
6. "I Don't Wanna Break"
7. "Sea of Lovers"
8. "The Words"
9. "Lonely Child"
10. "Run"
11. "Butterfly"
12. "Shot Me in the Heart"
13. "I Believe"
on May 4, 2014
I wasn't very familiar with Christina Perri's music until I saw her video for "Human." The song and video both really caught my eye and I decided to take a chance with this album. I was not disappointed and very happy to have taken the leap of faith and ordered the entire album. Some of my favorites are "I Don't Wanna Break," "I Believe" and "Be My Forever" featuring Ed Sheeran. Overall, the album as a whole is amazing. No songs feel like they were thrown in haphazardly to make a complete album, as you will sometimes find happens in the record industry. I was very pleased. If you enjoy Perri or any of the songs I mentioned, you will not be disappointed.