Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

on October 2, 2013
This is such an enjoyable CD. Fun melodies with a light and airy sound that is guaranteed to put you in a good mood. You can hear the heavy influences from 80's groups like the cocteau twins and similar artists but not as dark and more upbeat. Puro instinct is apparently two sisters that were gifted with amazing voices that you really need to hear for yourselves. I thoroughly enjoy every song on the CD and highly recommend them.
on November 14, 2011
This has been one of the easiest shopping experiences since I've been ordering things online . My purchase came on time and in excellent condition just waiting for me to enjoy it . I really appreciate the great service as well as the product .Headbangers In Ecstasy has been playing practically nonstop for a few weeks in my walkman , car ,and in my in home sound system . Puro Instinct has made something like nothing I've ever heard before which is like a breath of fresh air . Today the music they play on the top 40 and the top hits channels just don't live up to my standards I guess . The fact that Piper an Skylar have created their own new sound is really something that can be inspiring . I myself as an beginning musician can look at them as I don't know like pioneers for the other way of doing things . The fact of the matter is I am and will be listening to these two for ever ,and I cant wait for more from them .
on March 3, 2011
I've been listening to this album repeatedly after hearing "Luv Goon" on Sirius and my only regret is not seeing this band in it's previous incarnation, Pearl Harbor. Conceptually, the album seems to be an ode to far away love in places that can only be reached by listening to the Kaplan Sisters harmonize over dreamy synths. The guitar playing reminds me of the Smiths mixed with the ambition of a Talking Heads record. Standout tracks are "Silky Eyes", "California Shakedown", and the aforementioned "Luv Goon". Amazing stuff, really, pick it up and trip out/fall in love.

P.S. The E.P. from Pearl Harbor has the original, stripped down version of "Luv Goon".
on March 1, 2011
How to describe this album...

Imagine that you are the first person to stumble inside the doorway of a twisted crime scene that has occured within the confines of a perfectly pink bedroom belonging to a teenage girl in the mid-80s. This album is like that helpless and haunting discovery. You don't want to survey the scene but you can't seem to look away. The frills. The lace. The satin. David Lynch would approve.

Disturbingly memorable sound interwoven by Kdod distortions of an alternate reality.

Buy this album and enjoy.
on February 6, 2014
I wrote an essay on this band for a magazine years ago in regards to how a lot of indie bands sound like British noise bands from the 1990's. Some are good and some just suck. Anyway, Puro Instinct was on my radar and they went by the name Pearl Harbor years ago. I had a deadline for the essay and I bought their EP for my article. I waited for months and nothing ....no EP. I demanded my money back after many attempts of contact and one of the singers flipped out on me! So I wrote about that and how their watered down music mirrors their personalities. A friend of mine told me to be objective and listen to this particular record and I have to say that this is pretty bad. The lyrics are nonsensical and the music doesn't offer anything unique. It just seems derivative of so many indie bands that are copying the early 90s sound.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse