Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 129 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 249 reviews
on April 12, 2015
Dear Mr. Freeman,

Just recently I bought your book "Headhunter Hiring Secrets" and have followed every bit of advice in it. I have had interviews with only two companies since reading it and I have already received one solid offer and may indeed have another offer by the end of the day.

Your advice is unparalleled and your ability to tell it like it really is served as a nice kick in the a** for me and my job hunting efforts. Finally I started realizing all the mistakes I have made in the past and why great employers have rejected me.

I wanted to express my gratitude for finding your book since it has directly resulted in me getting a job offer. Please continue doing good work and bringing immense value to both companies and job seekers.
on October 31, 2015
This book was great and covered everything from online job boards, phone interviews, in person interviews, resume writing and so much more. I bought it immediately after I became laid off and landed a great job within two weeks. Of course I'm incredibly lucky to have done so (I know it can be very difficult to find work) I do think this helped me get the job.

I highly recommend this book to anyone on the lookout for a job. I'm relocating in one month so I'm re-reading it and updating my resume. Fingers crossed that it helps me get another job quickly as well
on February 13, 2015
If you want to secure your dream job, and especially if you are in-transition, please stop what you are doing and buy and read 'Headhunter' Hiring Secrets" by Skip Freeman NOW. Even though I am a big fan of Richard Bolles author of "What Color Is Your Parachute", and Martin Yates author of the "Knock 'Em Dead" job search series, Skip Freeman not only shares all of his headhunter secrets that will empower you to master the job search process, but will give you the tools to find the hidden jobs in a very effective and efficient manner. Even if you only implement half of his strategies and tactics, you will generate more leads and get more invitations from the companies you are targeting in half the time. So if you are tired of not getting the call backs from your recruiters, not getting any responses from your on-line applications, and if you are not even putting on your interview suit once a week, read this book! Good luck!
on August 16, 2013
I'm hitting the job market for the first time in 15 years. My sense of things is that the process has evolved since I last did this. I bought several books that I thought would help with various parts of the process. The positive reviews and subtitle got my attention for this title.

One of the things I appreciate is that Mr. Freeman doesn't "hide" the new rules of the game - in fact he leads off the book with them. The rest of the book is devoted to exactly how to go about playing by the new rules. A couple of my favorite sections:

Interviewing - the author correctly explains that there are only 4 things any interviewer wants to hear in response to any question, namely that you CAN do the job, WANT to do the job, WILL do the job, or are a cultural FIT. All we have to do is then answer any question with this in mind. For me, very insightful.

Phone and Email - The best days and times to phone or Email? I never considered this. The author makes his case for Tue, Wed, Thu at 10AM or 2PM. Why? Not Monday because everyone is busy after a weekend off. Not Friday because people are finishing up so they can get out of there. Not first thing in the morning because your Email will be mixed in with all the other Emails received overnight or first thing in the AM. Therefore 10AM after they have cleaned up their inbox or an hour after lunch when they have just cleaned it up again. Brilliant!

Mr. Freeman is on point about many other topics as well. His info is up-to-date in every way and includes plenty of good info on how to leverage LinkedIn, though that material is certainly enough for a separate book.

Of the several books I bought recently, I would recommend Headhunter Hiring Secrets and Guerrilla Marketing for Job Hunters (Levinson and Perry) above all others.
on May 28, 2013
Skip provides readers (Job seekers) with relevant and up to date job information that aides in helping candidates correctly go about the job searching process. Valuable and useful information that is noticable immediately if you follow his steps and advice. Must have for seperating/retiring Armed Forces Veterans and anyone who isn't up to speed on how companies go about the resume screening, interviewing, and hiring. Thanks Skip!!!
on September 11, 2016
This is a phenomenal product and a must-have for all employees, job seekers, etc. Not only does it provide great tips and insight for those seeking a new career it can also be applied to those folks wanting to be successful internally with their respective companies. The book is an easy read and each chapter helps guide you along the way. It helped me land a great position with a company that I targeted and I knew I was going to land this position even before the interview as the secrets on how to properly prepare were shared within this great read.
on March 23, 2015
Great guide in planning your job hunt. This is a very pragmatic guide that pulls few punches. It's not about finding/following your passion but the nuts and bolts of getting a job in a tough market - i.e. the branding and selling required and that the people looking at your CV because of the volume will be looking at reasons to discard it to make the pile smaller. It shows you how to get through the hoops until you can get in front of the hiring manager, and then how to prepare for the questions in the interview - including the curly ones. At the kindle price it's an amazing bargain.
on January 26, 2012
I read this book in hopes of learning exactly what the new rules of the hiring secrets are, and I definitely found the answers. So much has changed since the days of simply filling out applications or shooting resumes off via the internet. This book is very direct and includes samples of actual interviews. It tells you what should and should not be said during phone interviews as well as the actual face-to-face interview. The only problem I have with the book is that it seems to be geared more towards the professional job seeker (college degree) and not so much for the average Joe. However, anyone seeking a job today will become better prepared and gain insightful knowledge from reading this book.
on August 19, 2011
First, I admit that I'm only halfway into this book. However, I can already tell that I've discovered a hidden jewel.

I began to read this the night before a scheduled phone "interview." Looking up Telephone Interviews: the first thing I read was, "Be on high alert." Of course, I was alarmed and read thru the chapter, finding out the real purpose of a telephone interview and the traps to watch out for. Sure enough, the phone conversation was much like what I had just read and I was able to quickly gain a clearer picture of what the corporate recruiter/hiring manager needed from me. Just a quick read in one evening really made a difference. When I had another phone interview, just the next day, I handled it even better and made the cut for the next step in the hiring process.

I have been gathering/reading several books on job searching, finding jobs using social media, marketing yourself to potential employers, etc. Out of the entire stack, this is one of the few books I actually needed. This is not redundant, watered-down hype - how refreshing!

I know 'Headhunter' Hiring Secrets will actually make a difference to my success! It's the best career related book I've read since "What Color is Your Parachute."
I'm psyched I found it and highly recommend it to everyone - who is not in competition with me, of course!
on June 11, 2015
Since I am new in the Executive Search industry I decided to purchase all the books I could read. I purchased this book on Amazon as a recommendation when I purchased the book "Heads" by Russell Reynolds. After reading this book, I don't think I need to read anything else. Skip Freeman has a lot of useful tips both for headhunters and job seekers. What's more is that it is organized in such a simple way that one just has to follow these steps in pursuit of a great career opportunity. I particularly learned a lot from the "Selling Yourself" portion. Finally, while this book applies long-time traditional concepts in job hunting, it integrates all the new concepts that are prevalent in our social media and connected world.