Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on March 11, 2014
This is the cable you need if you want to use your Bose QC15 with the Xbox one adapter and use your microphone. The cable that comes included with the QC15 is for apple products and makes microphone unusable. I have tested this out and microphones great, friend are able to hear me clearly and the audio is excellent. This cable is advertised for Android phones. I searched everywhere for a solution prior to ordering and wasn't able to find one. I tried my luck with this cable and it worked. Thank me later ...

(Updated 8/4/2016) It does work with the new Xbox Bluetooth controller (released on 8/2/16) while also using adapter. Keep in mind if it did work without the adapter there would be no way to mute, raise or lower the inline chat with friends....
1010 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 20, 2014
I searched everywhere for what i needed to do in order to use my Bose QC15 with my new XBOX ONE Headset Adapter. After a lot of head-scratching and trial and error, I talked to Microsoft about my problems with the headset and the adapter. They told me i was the first one to have notified them about the QC15 not working with the adapter. I found this cable and bought it. Works great with my Bose QC15 and XBOX ONE Headset Adapter!!! FINALLY!! haha The only problem i have is that i wish it would pick up my voice better. My friends tell me its harder to hear me than when i used the original XBOX ONE headset. I believe its due to the fact that this mic is on the cable that sits below my chin and not directly in front of my mouth like on the original headset. i love using this cable to play XBOX ONE my Bose QC15!! GREAT Sounds!! P.S. bought it back in July. still works great!
on January 16, 2014
My original Bose microphone cable was showing signs of wear after 2 years of use, leaving wires visibly exposed when they enter the plug assembly. I decided upon this replacement and use my old cable as a backup. The HeadphoneMate works well, and appears to be made of good quality materials.

There are two things I have noticed so far which are different from the Bose cable. First, as is visible in the product photo, the jack is not angled. I did not notice this until after using it the first time. I prefer a 45 degree or 90 degree plug for use in confined spaces, like a coach airline seat, particularly when I am plugged into an audio jack which is right next to my leg. This arrangement can be uncomfortable as the plug digs into your leg.

The other issue is that the microphone on this device seems to have much less protection from breath popping noises than the OEM microphone cable. If you are speaking directly into the microphone, the noise is considerably more distracting than that of the original Bose cable. I found this particularly disappointing, and may ultimately superglue a small piece of black cloth over the microphone hole.

If both of these items are addressed in future versions, I would give this item 5 stars. I still can recommend this cable as a more reasonably priced replacement to the Bose cable.
on January 15, 2016
YES! This magical cable made my QC15s compatible with my xbox one controller. Now I can listen to game volume AND use the inline mic for chat.

Update:
After receiving comments on this thread, apparently this product only works with old controllers, using the xbox one stereo headset adapter. This product will not allow QC15s to work with the new controllers that include a built-in 3.5mm jack.

EDIT: Build quality of the TRRS jack is dodgy and after a few months of use, my mic line cuts out intermittently. For the price, however, I can't complain too much.

EDIT #2: After another month of use the wire has further degraded and only the left audio signal comes through. Rating decreased from 4 stars to 3 stars.
44 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 15, 2014
This product does not work with either the Samsung S4 or S5 phones. I tried the cable originally with the QC15 Bose and my S5 got only the right channel to produce sound. Sent them back and ordered another cable assuming the original was defective. Second cable came and again they only produced sound in the right earphone. Tried them with my daughters S4 same issue. Do not recommend for Samsung phones.
on October 9, 2016
I bought this cable specifically because of the positive reviews saying how well it worked with the Xbox controller. I tried this cable with the audio port in the new Elite controller. When the cable was connected to the controller properly I was able to speak, although I was told the audio was really quiet for party members on the other end. However, I could only hear people in the party through the left side of my headphones. I could not hear game audio at all unless I pulled the connector about 1/4 of the way out, at which point the game and chat audio sounded amazing but the microphone no longer registered my voice. It wasn't much better than the iPhone cable included with the headphones. I do not have an Android to test the advertised functionality, but I will note that the "Hi" and "Lo" switch on the oem cable does not appear in this model.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 29, 2015
I was incredibly pleased to see another company making and selling this accessory.
Bose stopped making these items and wanted me to trade-up to a new headset that already came with in-line mic.
As if.
(Not the place to vent about Bose, but....) As please as I was to find this item I was as disappointed with Bose's decision and attitude about my options since I own more than half a dozen (expensive) Bose products. A company with a better attitude would have suggested an aftermarket option such as this, but Bose is strongly against integrating their stuff with non-Bose accessories so they wouldn't tell me this product was an option. Again: I'm very pleased to have found this item and have been using it with no noticeable impact on listening sound quality.
on September 4, 2016
This product is what you're probably looking for. It fits my QC15 headphone, and it works on android devices (and XBOX one) with the microphone. As far as I can tell, the mic seems fine.

On a disappointing note, however, the quality is very poor. I don't expect it to last long. The conductors are probably 24-28 gauge, and the insulation is extremely thin and flexible (not a good thing in this case). The connector to your device is a straight connector, unlike the Bose versions of this cable, which are right angle connectors. I've had it a few weeks and I already have noticed some cracking when I move the cable near the straight connector.

If your looking for something similar to the Bose quality that you are used to, then look elsewhere.
on August 14, 2015
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! Cord performed beautifully fir 2 months this time, (second cord, Amazon replaced once) but like all cords, they MUST have the short reinforcement where the standard transmission wire enters/exits plugs on each end, ALONG WITH anything in between (such all volume controls/microphone) or the small wire breaks much top quickly from being able to bend TOO sharply when using and storing. If you do not intend to use I the cord frequently, or store it frequently, it would last for a long time and service you well. Beautiful strip at something Bose should have offered many years ago.
on September 14, 2016
I like my QC15 headphones, but wanted to use it as a gaming headset. I tried other cables, but this is the only one that really worked. The set up is a bit convoluted, but I was successful using this cable, a headset buddy ( https://www.amazon.com/Headset-Buddy-Smartphone-Adapter-PH35-PC35/dp/B00332DPDG/ ) and a startech usb audio device ( https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Adapter-External-Digital-ICUSBAUDIO7D/dp/B002LM0U2S ).

I can't speak to the durability of the cable, but people in chat said I sounded nice and clear with no noise issues. If it breaks, I'd buy this again because it's the only thing that lets me use my QC15s (comfortable + noise cancelation) for PC gaming.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse