- Paperback: 272 pages
- Publisher: Pearson (May 28, 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0131101005
- ISBN-13: 978-0131101005
- Product Dimensions: 6.8 x 0.7 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 18 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,284,848 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Heads in Beds: Hospitality and Tourism Marketing
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Back Cover
In Heads in Beds: Hospitality and Tourism Marketing, author No Raza teaches the reader how to build brands, generate sales and grow profits through marketing. Written for students as well as practitioners, this book is based on eight principles that the author teaches and brings to life:
- Branding: generate sales through strong brands
- Knowledge: the more you know, the more you'll grow
- Results: long-term strategies solve short term needs
- Big Picture: it's not about style versus substance, it's about substance armed with style
- Creative Budgeting: outthink versus outspend
- Happiness: enjoy what you're doing
- Dare To: be different!
- Success: compete with yourself for your own excellence
Heads in Beds: Hospitality and Tourism Marketing contains extensive discussions and practical information about the marketing job, markets and products, marketing budgets, branding, advertising, creation of brochures and collateral materials, promotions and public relations, Internet marketing, and several key topics not found in other resources such as:
- Marketing to Travel Agents
- COOP Marketing with Wholesalers
- Loyalty Marketing
About the Author
Ivo Raza is a branding consultant and founder of Brandhaus, a full-service marketing agency that specializes in integrated marketing solutions for hospitality, travel, and tourism clients. He has developed brand strategies, directed advertising campaigns, and managed marketing projects for a variety of companies and brands including Allegro Resorts, Viva Wyndham Resorts, Karisma Hotels, El Dorado Resorts, Jack Tar Village Resorts, Occidental Hotels, Royal Hideaway, Schick, Blue Diamond, Kraft Foods, Boston Beer, and others. For seven years, No was in charge of marketing at Allegro, which he helped grow into the largest chain of all-inclusive resorts. His professional mantra is: "Don't out-spend. Out-brand." He lives in Miami, Florida, and may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Top customer reviews
The printing quality of the book is not as good as others, there are several pages in my book that is printed "not straight" as if there was a small printer jam that made the papers moved.
1) It is not a "door stop": Measuring in at a slim 253 pages it is easy to read and digest
2) It is written for the layman: No unnecessary jargon is used to confuse and bemuse. Raza is to the point and doesn't waste words.
3) It covers the basics well: Defining who your market is, what your product is, and ways you can get the word out through advertising and the media. Furthermore, Raza gives excellent information on branding your property, creating effective brochures, and dealing with travel agents - information that can apply to any type of tourism business
4)It is written for all types of properties: Much of the information is general enough that it can apply to both B&B's and hotels large and small.
While not all strategies in this book will be suitable for every tourism business, there are enough valuable hints contained to make it worthwhile reading for anyone who owns or operates a hospitality property, or is interested in marketing in general.
1) Hospitality and Marketing
2) The Market
6) How to Create Better Brochures and Collateral Materials
7) Public Relations
9) 25 Proven Ways to Reach Travel Agents
10) Coop Marketing: How to Get the Best Results from Marketing Through Wholesalers and Tour Operators
11) Internet Marketing
12) Loyalty Marketing
13) Marketing Operations
14) Behind the Budget
Appendix: The Marketing Plan